MP3 Issues.......

naughtoj

Cathlete
Anyone PLEASE help me!!

I have a Nike PSA 128 MB MP3 player. Really have not much of a clue on how to work it. Have been able to buy some music online at music match and add it to my library. I create playlists and try to export them to my player. Half the time, only half manage to get onto the player........and I don't know why (it shows there is available space). Today, trying to delete the songs currently on there and add new ones, I clicked on "send to player" and it tells me that some of my files will not be downloaded since they do not have "download to portable rights".

WHAT??????????? I am soooo confused. All I did was go out to www.musicmatch.com (which is the software used by my MP3, too stupid to go anywhere else, LOL) and buy some tracks for 99 cents. Now what is the deal?

All I want to be able to do is buy some music and put it on this thing!! Am I too stupid for a MP3 player or what? On mine, it will download my playlist, but skip some songs as if they weren't even there and NOT tell me why. When I am done, it shows there is still available space, so it is not a space issue???

Anyone have any recommendations then on easier MP3's to figure out (user-friendly). I just don't understand this stuff!

Thanks for any info..

Janice:

I have an old MP3 player by Intel. I use MusicMatch at home to manage my music. Mostly, I've copied all my CD's to my hard drive through MusicMatch, and have bought a few songs from MusicMatch. I can't download any of the songs that I bought through MusicMatch onto my Intel MP3 player. It is my understanding that the Dell Jukebox MP3 player supports MusicMatch tunes. Just like if you download ITunes onto your computer, you can only download them onto an IPod. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding. Since I already use MusicMatch and my Intel MP3 is verrry old and about to die, I'm going to upgrade to a Dell Jukebox MP3 player so that I can listen to those *^%! songs I paid for from MusicMatch. I think companies are setting it up this way so you HAVE to have compatible products.

HTH

Gretzky (the other Janice :7 )

I have an IPOD 15 GB, and just saw an add for the IPOD Shuffle, which holds 512 MB of music and costs just $100. I have checked in epinions.com and have not seen any complaints about using the IPOD even on windows machines.

At least with ITunes, you can always listen to the music you buy on the IPOD. Apple really should to let other digital music players use their format, but, heck, what they put together works pretty well as long as you don't want tons of advanced options.

Can you make a CD with the music you pay for at Music Match? If so, try making a CD first, and then use this CD to add music to your MP3 player.

Hi, Janice,
Can you burn a CD of the songs you bought and then reimport them as regular MP3's? If so, you might be able to put on your player. If you can't burn a regular CD, there are programs that will convert anything coming out of your speakers, but I'm sure you probably don't want to go that far with it.
I'm another iPod fan, so if the new little iPod shuffle ($99) works half as well as an iPod, then that's what I would do.
LOVE iTunes, LOVE iPod, love Apple...most of the time. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.