Moving advice needed

thinsgreat

Cathlete
I am needing to move a small load (dining room set, few boxes) from a home in PA to CO... any advice on how to do this? I will need someone to pick up there and drop off here, in other words, to do all the work. I am concerned about service and pricing...overwhelmed when googled for answers. Any insight would help. Thanks!

My parents just recently used a POD to move from TN or FL. The only thing is uou load it yourself, they send it to where you want, then you unload it, then they take it away.

What about United Van Lines? They do everything. If you go to their website, I think they can give you a quote?

Get recommendations of different moving companies. My daughter used a company that was a nightmare ( I think she just randomly chose the company and did report them to the BBB). My parents, and than me, used a company recommended by the retirement community they were moving to. They were wonderful to deal with. At the minimum I would suggest looking up a company you are thinking about using at the Better Business Bureau website.

How checking with businesses that move employees frequently or a retirement community? Esp if you or friends have an in at such a place.

Are you moving to Colorado? Where? I live in the mountains west of Boulder/Denver. Love it here--many ways to be active and a lot of people are.

My two daughters live in the Denver area. One lives in Lakewood. I lived in Littleton for awhile. Loved it there. Very nice. I have used Allied Van Lines, they were very good.

NO, I live here...and yes, it is wonderful!!! I live in Lakewood. May I ask what company you liked so well?

I don't remember the name of the company-I will ask my Step Mom when I see her this weekend. Its been 6 or 7 years since I moved.

I grow up in Lakewood and my Mom still lives there, so visit my old haunts sometimes.

If you are a member of angies list you could look up moving companies and see what others have liked or disliked. I recently needed some items moved within my home and found my company through that website.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.