Motivation Needed from post-preggo moms!

aivilo

Hi all!
I am hoping that there is somebody out there that has gone through or is going through something similar to me.........Baby # 1 (Olivia)arrived in Jan 97'and after she was only a few months old, I was back to my "step", slowly returned to running and started lifting weights for the first time. I got into the best shape of my life and felt pretty good! Last spring I found out I was pregnant again with Baby # 2 (Aidan) and I continued to workout safely trhoughout my pregnancy. Aidan arrived in Nov. ('99) and you can guess the next part!?!-I am having a terrible time returning to my normal routine of exercising. I maybe can fit in 2-3 aerobic and maybe one weight day a week but it's been a struggle. Even though I know that our lives change when we have children and I accept that(I LOVE ME KIDS! :^); I just cannot believe the difference in how hard it has been with 2 kids now to try and fit time in to workout. I used to workout 5-6 times a week aerobically with 2 weight days and I think mentally it's been hard accepting that I can't seem to do that anymore (or at least not yet!) So, if there's anybody else out there in the same boat-please drop me a line and let me know how you made it through this phase. I take it day by day and just try to workout "that" day-if I don't, it's OK but sometimes it does bum me out. In the meantime, I know that Cathe's new tapes are really going to make me want to try extra hard to sqeeze in time to workout......... Give me all your good advice PLEASE!!
THANX!
Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Hi Lisa! I only have one child, so I don't know the tricks of the trade for working out with two children. I know that I have a difficult enough of a time working out between job and my sweet boy, and I can't even imagine trying to fit it in with 2 children. You are doing EXCELLENT to even be trying. Wish I could help you, but I will leave that to one of the other ladies with 2 or more children. I know you will receive much good advice.
Lisa Seymour

Hi Lisa!

I have two kids, but there's a bigger age difference. After my second son was born in Dec 1995, it took me six months to get back into exercising at all, and then it was about a year, total, before I was back up to exercising 5 days a week. I had the best luck exercising at around 9pm, after the kids were in bed. 1-3pm was also good, because my older son was in school and my younger son napped.

Can you consolidate or delegate any of your household chores? If your kids are both napping in the afternoon, don't do chores- exercise!! Nick watched me from his baby swing sometimes, and sometimes, it would take me a couple of hours to get through a Firm tape because he'd want to nurse or be held.

I guess all I can say is work out whenever you can. Your babies will be big kids soon enough, and then you can get back into your routine, but for now, just fit it in whenever you can (I used to put on my workout clothes first thing in the morning so I could snatch any opportunity to exercise.)

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.