Moms-to-be check in week of February 11

erinw

Cathlete
Hi ladies. I hope everyone's pregnancy is going smoothly. I'm now at 12 weeks, but still feeling occassional morning sickness (or as I call it, all day sickness). Does the second trimester start soon? I can't recall if it's week 14 or what.

I'm starting to show and it's really frustrating being in that in-between phase where none of my regular clothes fit, but my maternity clothes are still too big. How do you ladies manage it? I am mainly relying on larger work pants that are strechy and then the infamous sweat pants. Really classy look around here! ;)

As for exercise, I am starting to notice I can't do as much or as high a weight as I used to. I did ME this morning, but had to use much lighter weight than Cathe. And I did Cardio Fusion yesterday, but since I was crunched for time, I had to leave out the second BM2 section. I have to say those DM drills in CF nearly killed me. I couldn't make it through the last one without taking a break. I think my body is telling me to slow down a bit. I am trying to pay close attention to perceived exertion and using the talk test rather than checking my heart rate. It seems to run a bit high now that I am pregnant, so I don't consider it accurate. Anyway, I am trying to stick to my 6 day a week exercise schedule and so far I've managed to do it. I am pretty proud of myself. :)

How is everyone else doing?

I'm at week 14. I think this is the beginning of the 2nd trimester which I am very thankful for. I am not fitting into my clothes very well either, but am not really showing. I found out about this thing called the Bella Band. You wear it with your pre-pregnancy clothes until you are ready to fit in the maternity clothes. It's pretty cool. Apparently it allows you to get through that "in between time."

I'm having longer bouts of "feeling good," and less of the nausea and feelings of being so tired. My exercise is going ok. I did the Low Impact Circuit the other day and then took a day off. I feel like I get very sore more easily. I usually take a good brisk walk on my days off so I feel like I'm doing something. I definitely am having trouble with high impact. Does anyone else feel like it's too much? I have decided to stick with low impact from here on out.

Hope to hear how you are all doing and I do hope it's all good!
Take care guys,
Crissy

Crissy, I am glad to hear you're feeling mostly good these days. May I ask where you found this "Bella Band" you mentioned. I definitely want to try it out!

Hi there,

I am also 14 weeks today. I do not like the inbetween phase at all
either. I felt this way the last time too. Your not ready for the
maternity clothes but you almost wish you were. By 20 weeks that
should change. I am not feeling sick the last 2 weeks and my
appetite for foods that once disgusted me is slowly coming back.
Yes, I believe 13 weeks is the beginning of the second trimester.
I am exercising every day but using some of my pregnancy dvd's.
I am not as tired so that helps too. I think the golden trimester
should be a nice reprieve from the first!

I found out about the Bella Band online at some maternity websites. You can do a google search and a bunch of sites should come up. I found mine on Ebay. A couple of local maternity shops are carrying them now as well, so you may want to call around locally to see if anyone has them. There are "knock-offs" to the Bella Band, but I'm sure it works the same. Nordstroms is another place that sells them. They are $26. I found that price on most all of the websites. Not too bad, and that allows you to stay away from maternity clothes for just a tiny bit longer. My friend was able to wear the band for 2 months after her first trimester before she had to move into maternity wear.

I'm excited to use mine. It's almost time!
Take care,
Crissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.