moms 2 be check in 12/18

MSJ

Cathlete
Hi ladies, I guess I'll start this week.

It is freezing cold here in Oregon and we are expecting freezing rain tonight, which means I will miss my 37 week app't tomorrow. I'll drive in snow in a pinch, but not freezing rain. It's like an ice rink. I'm not really conserned about missing, but I hope they'll give me another appointment later during the week. If not, I guess everything will be fine, since I've done this 5 times before.

My workouts this week:
Mon-unplanned rest day (unless cookie baking marathon counts as exercise, except I ate so many cookies that....oh groan who cares....)
Tues-GS chest and triceps+SJP step only
Wed-IMAX 2 leg option (did squats, lunges, etc instead of the blasts)
Thurs-40 min stationary bike
Fri-GS Back, shoulders, biceps+20 min stationary bike intervals
Sat-Cardio and weights, cardio only+Step works combo 3 and Power max combo 2--took about an hour
Sun--rest day

I always bake a ton in December and look forward to January when I feel sick of it all and eat more cleanly again. It will coincide well with the birth and tackling the post partum weight loss. I'll feel ready and inspired.

Fudge and gingerbread and milk for breakfast anyone?:9

I'm such a bad Catheite.

Maggie
37 weeks down, 3 to go

It's also freezing cold here in Chicagoland. x(

At this point, I would happily eat fudge and gingerbread and milk for breakfast (and lunch, and dinner :) )

I had to attend a training class downtown this past week, so I wound up walking one mile round trip from the train station to the office and back. That was my entire workout Monday through Thursday.

The rest of the week:
Sunday: SJP step section only, Total Body Sculpting (modified belly-on-ball exercises)
Friday: 1 mile walk, Low Impact Step
Saturday: Muscle Endurance Upper Body

My maternity leave officially starts tomorrow. I have been working ever since I graduated college, with 1.5 weeks being the longest vacation time I ever took. I know I should enjoy the vacation time I have now, since my new unpaid 24/7 job will start soon (hopefully before my due date of 12/30).

I hope you all had a wonderful week!

i think it was shopaholic who pointed out at last weeks check in that wks 12-20 were her worst. anyone else feel that way? i am starting week 13 and feel like i am going backward! week 11 was good, but after 5 good days, it is all down hill. i DRAG myself out of bed, feel like i will vomit all day, have maybe 27 minutes totally (and not all at once) of feeling good, and go to bed feeling sick again. i am a bit discouraged. and i don't mean to complain! i am so grateful for my baby, i cannot wait to meet her/him. but i feel awful. i thought it was just depression because my husband left, but now i am beginning to think it is physical. and the running is not going well which is not easy for me to give up.

the good things (other than being pregnant): i am now wearing one size larger pants, and so i feel skinny instead of fat unless i look at the tag:). i am one week closer to my husband coming home!

my workouts :
sun - run 7 mil
mon - run 7 mil, 30 min strength
tues - run 5.5mil, walk 1 mil
weds - lo max, muscle endurance
thurs - run 5 mil, walk 2 mil, 25 min strength
fri - lo max
sat - run 7 mil, 30 min strength

i go to the dr tomorrow and am afraid she will tell me i have gained too much weight. my rear is flabby, my arms look flabby, and i am wearing a spare tire on my middle. cannot wait to see some evidence of this baby and feel a kick.

hope you all are in the holiday spirit and enjoying cookies as much as me:)

Hello ladies,
Wow, I dropped off the planet the last two weeks.

I am now on week 19 and over the last three days my tummy finally popped out. I was able to wear my regular clothes until today. I can still fit into some of my baggier clothes but I spent today cleaning and packing up pants that I won't be wearing for a while. I need the space in my closet.

Well after 20 days of migraines I was finally able to beat them last Monday. I went to a massage therapist who has experience dealing with people who suffer from migraines. She really worked my neck and upper back. I also bought a theraputic pillow. betweent those two things Life has truely been wonderful the last week. i had reached the point of complete exhaustion last week and burst into tears several times at work when people asked me the simplist of things.

My working out for the last three weeks has been horrible - but I see things turning around. I would have had a better week this last week but It was the last week before our school holiday so things were crazy - Hope to get back to exercising 5 days a week.

Last week:
I squeaked in 3 workouts -
Mon. - off
Tues. - Firm tape - don't know name but it was AWT and 45 minutes long (those names are to much for me to try and remember.)
Weds. - Off/ Planned to workout but snow and having to stay after and to make a ton of parent phone calss nixed that plan
Thurs. - Yoga class - Having to start making modification due to my belly starting to get in the way of things. - No more tummy lying moves.
Fri. - Off
Sat. - Steptastic with Doug - Who gave me and the other preggo lady in class a great compliment. Told the rest of the class if we were doing all the moves they had no excuses.
Sun. - Planned to workout but shopped wiht my mom all day - Literally went to church at 9:30 and didn't return home until 6:15. It was so much fun

Maggie - I'm very impressed with how well your workouts are still going at 37 weeks.

Adrienne - That has to be so weird to have your last day of work and know your not going back. On Friday we said good-bye to one of our teachers who is pregnant and giving birth any day now. She won't be back to work again until Opening week in September close to 9 months and we talked about how wierd that was. I am taking 6 months off and find that werid to think about. Hope your able to enjoy a little bit of vacation time before the new job starts.

Morris - I am amazed that you can still workout when you are feeling so horrible. In the middle of my migraine streak I reached the point of only being able to lie on the couch and watch really bad television.
I'm sure you haven't gained as much wieght as you think if you are only up one size in clothing and you are still running a ton. I hope you are able to keep running. When I hit week 12 I did a 10 mile race and at mile 7 said enough and walked the last 3 miles. That was the last time I ran until two weeks ago when I ran the Memphis Marathon 5k when we were in
TN for DH to run a the Memphis Marathon. It was crazy because at week 10 I ran a 10 mile race and could have PR'ed if I had pushed it a bit more but had a friend running with me to hold me back from doing anything stupid. I miss running but I did find a great hi/lo class at the local aerobics studio that kinda gives me the same endorphin rush.

Hi everyone,
Adrienne enjoy your childless time off.
Maggie, great ideas for modifications. Wow, 3 more weeks. I'd like some fudge.
Morris, I doubt you gained a ton, probably less than you thought. I find weeks 13-2o hard appearancewise, not feeling wise. Check with your coc, some of your effects are probably physical, others emotional.
Tuvak, you are just now in maternity clothes? I started wearing mine 2 weeks ago.

I am now 16 weeks and actually feeling pretty good except for a cold I now have. At my appointment on Thurs I was up 9.5 pounds, much higher than first time around but doc still feels I am gaining the right amount. Level 2 ultrasound is scheduled for 12/30. We are going to Boston for a more detailed one due to my age(35). I am doing the triple screen tomorrow.

It has warmed up here to the 30's.

Workout:
sun-cardio cut fx
mon-step 2 challenge(double step)
tue-firm upper split
wed-firm lower split
thurs-breakthru cardio step+2 seg. from keli robert's quickficx kickbox bootcamp
fri-firm upper body+franny b.-two workouts with a vengeance-step
sat-firm-lower sculpt+2 seg. from quickfix total cardio kicks.
Workouts

Good morning,

I just wanted to jump in and join the group. I'm 20 weeks and pregnant w/ my fourth boy. Workouts have been off and on due to migraines, nausea & everything else. I'm feeling much better and am becoming more consistent. My workouts for the week are as follows:
Sun. ME
Mon. 3miles
Tues. KPC
Wed. PU
Thur PLB
Fri KPC
Sat. treadmill
Sun. off

Have a great day!
Kim

Welcome Kim,

I am right about wear you are at 19 weeks.

I feel your pain on migraines. I experienced them from week 15 to17 one every day. Then I got a massage from a massage therapist who has dealt with migraines to work out the tension in my neck. I have now been migraine free for 10 days and am just giddy about it.

Adrienne--enjoy your maternity leave. You are so close. Are you dialated at all? I did make my app't monday and the doc said I was at a one and softening (not that that is a big deal, one could be that way for a long time), but at least something is going on. I have an induction scheduled for Jan 9, a day after my due date, but I don't have total peace about it--I guess I feel guilty, because I don't have any medical reason to be induced. Oh well, I can always change my mind.

morris--your workouts are incredible and only one pants size up? I'm not surprised with how much you are running. I do hope you feel better, though. Nausea sucks. I love my kids and I am grateful that I am able to have kids, but I have never really enjoyed pregnancy the way some women do.

tuvak-so sorry to hear about the run of migraines. I have never had a migraine, but my 11 yo son gets them occaisionally and they get so bad that he throws up. I cannot imagine such pain. I hope that is over for you.

shopaholic--I hope that all your testing goes well. Keep us posted. You are in New York, right? Are you in the city and being affected by the transit strike?

Hi Kim and welcome:). I love little boys. We have 3 of them, 11, 4, and 2. We also have 3 girls, 9, 6 and almost here in 2-3 weeks. (I love the girls too;-).

Maggie:)

PS--among my other wierd 3rd trimester cravings (strong mint toothpaste and household chemical smells, I have been craving black licorice and eucolyptis cough drops--I'm such a freak:p)

Maggie, I was born and raised in new York but now am a New Englander on cape cod. If your baby comes Jan. 6, that is my b-day. I forget what is your actual due date?

For the past three weeks, the cervix has been at the "softened" stage, but zero dilation and zero effacement. My due date is one week from tomorrow. I don't know my OB's policy on inducing labor. If I make it to my next appointment on Tuesday, I will be sure to ask.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.