Mommas-to-be Week of 12/27

Timber99

Cathlete
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a nice holiday season. I just wanted to get a thread started for us this week in hopes that I will stay on track with exercise and eating!

Last week was a decent one, exercise-wise. I managed 6 days with either a workout or a two mile walk, which wasn't bad considering we had three days away from home traveling. I came home yesterday and got right back to it with Muscle Max and MMS Boxing today. I had *no* excuse not to work out today but I tried to find one. We're snowed in and though I cleaned, cooked, etc., I didn't have to put in a full day of work and I certainly had the time. So glad that hubby went out to plow and I got the bug to work out :)

I hope everyone has a nice week & that you are all doing well and feeling great!

Hey Timber - getting in 6 workouts is awesome! These days (I am 28wks) I count cleaning day as a workout day b/c I have a lot of back pain afterward. We are also snowed in, well it is better now. I had been going to the YMCA but this week I have been doing Cathe workouts at home. Yesterday I did LowMax (just the step premix w/o blasts), the day before I did Kickbox from the 4DS but low impact. I am getting ready to w/o, just not sure what yet.

I have my glucose test tomorrow, I hope I pass!

Hello again and welcome back Bethany!
Jen - how are ya??
Also, Hello to all other fellow pregnant comrades out there! Happy New Year everyone : )
Melanie

Hi ladies,
I'm not doing so well. I thought when I finished the semester I'd have more time to workout but I seem to keep finding excuses! This week I'm at home keeping an eye on the painters while my house is painted. All the exercise DVD's, DVD player, & exercise equip is packed up in boxes or in the garage.

It gets dark early now but if the painters are gone at 5 today I'm going to take the dogs for a walk. But even that's difficult because long walks make me have to pee more! :)

I have The Perfect Pregnancy Workout and Suzanne Bowen's Long & Lean Prenatal Workout so as soon as the paint is dry and the new carpet is in next week I will try to get back to doing those.

I've gained 36 pounds as of my last visit, now topping 160 LB's. NOT what I wanted to do! Doc says the weight is OK, and I certainly want to gain as much as I need to, but neither do I want to be left with a bunch of excess weight to lose. I'm starting to get some swelling around my ankles and fingers. Yuck!

I'm due at the end of January so I guess I'd better get those workouts (and sleep!) in while I can, right?

Hi Ladies! I also treated myself a little too nicely over Christmas. I did find a lower fat recipe for "Boot Track" cookies, using a waffle iron. But, then I just ate more;). I got Zumba for Wii, so I've been doing that. I've also been hitting the gym this past week since I have the week off. The other night, I did Butts and Gutts (the 40-something minute premix). That was tough for me, but I did get through it. I am struggling yet AGAIN with sinus congestion, cough, blah, blah, blah:(. I feel fine for 2-3 days, then it's back...My dr. had given me a written prescription for amox. when I saw him Thanksgiving weekend for the same thing. He told me to take it if I didn't start feeling better. Well, I never did get it filled b/c I started to feel better. Then, it happened again, and now a 3rd time! If I don't start feeling better in two days, I will get it filled and take it.

Bethany: CONGRATS!!! You are familiar to me too. I have two boys. Andy is 5 (will be 6 in March), and Aidan is 2 (and a little stinker:p).

Melanie: Glucose test are fun (not)! Let us know how it goes.

Timber: I don't ever remember getting flushed while exercising, but I think that with the extra blood volume, that may a be a cause? Although, I really don't know. Let us know what your dr. says about it.

Mel: How are you feeling after starting on the antibiotic?

Wastewitch: You are almost at the end!!! I remember that I had to be pushed around Target in a wheelchair at the end of my last pregnancy. My legs just had had enough at that point. You've done such a terrific job exercising throughout your pregnancy. Just do what you can these last few weeks and relax as much as you can.

Autumn: Are you the Autumn who has been around for years, offering wonderful advice to me (and many other ladies on this forum)?

Melanie (the one with the 2 boys and 2 baby twins): So nice to see you here! Yes, we were pregnant together,but not sure when (either 6 or 2-3 years ago). I keep waiting for "Chefkate" to show up around here. How are you doing? Busy, I can imagine!

Someone mentioned (I didn't go back to see who it was) about having a hard abdomen at times while exercising. With both of my previous pregnancies, I had braxton hicks contractions. They are harmless contractions, and they occurred when I exercised too. My ab area would harden, but not hurt. Then, it would be fine. My OB said that is normal as long as there were no patterns to them (like repeated BH contractions every few minutes). They never were...they were random. Maybe that's what you are experiencing. One thing I learned is to never look up a symptom on the internet b/c you will find a million reasons (usually very scary reasons) why that symptom may be occurring.

I am off to get my sheets out of the dryer and then go to bed. It's only 9p.m., but I am beat.

Happy New Year!
-Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.