Mommas-to-Be Week of 12/11

jaypea

Cathlete
Hello! As you can guess last week was a crazy week with Christmas programs, meetings and my DH getting sick. I still managed to fit in some workouts (Zumba, two KB workouts, treadmill walking and u/b weights at the gym). My next OB appt is this Tuesday. This weekend is packed with seeing Santa and his reindeer and seeing the "Sweet Lights" in Hershey. I don't know if any of you live in PA, but that's a really cool place to go at night. I am off to do some shopping! I hope you all are doing well. Did anyone bake any cookies yet? My DH (who is Italian) usually makes pizzelles, but we may bake some other ones this year too. But, that also means that they will be sitting here just waiting to be eaten! Does anyone have any healthy, but tasty cookie recipes to share?
-Jen

Hey Jen, and all the other preggers comrades!

You are better than me. I didn't get any workouts in last week. On my days off I did holiday shopping and did some baking. I wish I had some healthy recipes, but no go. We had a family get together last night, and ate too much, of course.

I am hoping to get in 3-4 workouts this week coming up. I am now at 26 weeks this week. Next week starts the 3rd trimester, wow, this pregnancy is flying by!!!

How is everyone else doing?
Melanie

Hello!

Hey everyone! Just a quick note to say hello. I hope everyone is ready for the holidays and can relax & enjoy themselves.

I've been trying to get in workouts. Last week was a bit of a bust, mostly due to work, but I did get in 4 workouts. This week, I started strong on Sunday with HST and yesterday completely and totally pooped out during the first 20 minutes of low max. I had been feeling tired during the day, so I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and just threw in the towel. Tonight I will do Muscle Endurance with hopefullly, no issue (of course, with modifications).

I have been seeing an issue lately with exercise. I get very flushed and red faced during my workouts this past week or so. Not every time but certainly more often than I had in the past. I never really had that issue unless I had pushed way past "that limit" and gone nuts during a workut. Now, even at a lower level, I'm seeing it. Hoping this is a passing thing but will keep track to discuss with the doc next week. Anyone else experience this at all in pregnancy?

After this week I am officially 6 months. Yay! I need to keep an eye on my eating because I have been treating myself wway too much but other than that, things are running smoothly.

Okay, back to work! Talk to you all soon!

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I have not posted in a while, just busy holiday season.

Timber - I have not had an increased in facial flushing, but I always get flushed when working out. Now when I work out, I can feel my uterus getting harder, I am going to ask @ this next DR visit.

Next week I have my glucose test and hope I pass!! Other than the breast issue, my pregnancy is going so well : ) I am at 28 weeks now. On the 15th I had another skin biopsy on the breast (3rd one) which was the same result as all the others but the site is infected and now I am on completing a week course of antibiotics. Arr.

Have a safe holiday.
Mel

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to be able to check in with you all as long as this little bean sticks. I'm super cautious after 4 miscarriages, but last week we saw a strong heart beat and all looked well.

I'm about 7 weeks now and "morning"/ all day sickness has hit me hard, so workouts have been really sporadic. Today I just did the Low Impact Premix from Kick Max then felt like I was ran over afterward. I really miss Cathe's workouts, but I take it as a good sign that I'm feeling so crummy!

Mel, congratulations!!! I was so happy to see that you're pregnant! Sorry to hear about the infected biopsy site, I hope all goes well.

Timber, I remember getting flushed more easily later in pregnancy, too. I'd be interested to hear what your doctor has to say about it.

Jen, did you find any healthy cookie recipes? I recognize your screen name from back when I was pregnant with DD. How old are you little ones now?

Happy Holidays,

Ahhhhhh. Haven't been over here in a while. I love seeing "old faces"

Jen, we've been pg together. Hmmmmmm. Don't remember which pg,...but remember your encouragement.

Autumn. What can I say? You rock. We've been through ALOT....about 7 years now? :eek:

Melanie, I am over the moon happy for you.

Bethany, THIS is it! I just know it. What a great Christmas present!!!

Stay strong. Stay energized. Stay healthy. :D

Bethany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEA!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you : )
This is our year!! I know your feelings, after the two m/c's I was so apprehensive about this pregnancy. I didn't work out except yoga until after I heard the heartbeat, and then still just light workouts.

So HAPPY to have you here, I will be praying for your little one!!
Melanie

PS - Melanie it was so good to "hear" from you, I can't believe your twin girls are a year old now!
Mel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.