Mohs surgery

randidiane

Cathlete
I have this surgery on my face tomorrow and I know I have to follow Drs orders. Anyone who's had this how long did you have to wait before exercising..just curious

I had this surgery on my nose last November. I waited a week before doing any workouts. I probably could have done stretching or very light yoga but decided to just take the whole week off. When I went back, I did spinning or low impact cardio and weights. Nothing intense for that second week. Starting the third week back, I added in one day of more intense and higher impact like KPC. By week 4 I was where I had left off before surgery.

The big thing is to really pay attention to how the stitches feel and stop if you start to feel pressure or strain around them. Honestly it was hard to hold back but the plastic surgeon who stitched me up told me I could rip my stitches out if I wasn't careful. He actually didn't want me doing any workouts for a month but that was not going to happen.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I had MOHS and same day plastic surgery since the basal cell was between my nose and eye and my derm said the result would look better with plastic surgery. Anyway, it was recommended to hold off a week before strenuous exercise. I walked that week and worked my way back weeks 2 and 3. Didn’t lose much time at all.

Ya I'm waiting a week I want this to be nice and healed. It took him 4 times to get it all;( It was on my "smile line"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.