Minnesota roadtrippers??

scouter99

Cathlete
If you are coming from Minnesota- post here! I live in Brooklyn Park and this is my first roadtrip! I am so excited! I would love to meet you and maybe even coordinate travel plans!

Denise

Hi Denise!

I'm so excited to see your Minnesota post. I'm from Shakopee, MN and this is my first Cathe RT. My husband *might* be coming with me but whether he does or not, you're welcome to travel w/me. :D My husband wants to come along for the ride because neither of us have been to New Jersey. He plans to golf (if it's available) while I'm working up a sweat.

On a side note, I'd like to fly out on Thursday so I can go to Cathe's Friday a.m. step class. What day do you plan to fly out of MSP?

Can't wait to see your response!

Katie:)

Hi, Katie!! I was thinking about flying out Thursday as well! I did find a 6:30am flight on NW that would get me there around noon on Friday (did you read the flying tips post?) so that I could avoid missing the meet and greet due to potential weather delays- but thinking about going to that 9am class on Friday morning had me seriously considering going a day early. I want to take every class I possibly can with Cathe while I'm there- I may never ever get a chance again!

What airline do you want to use? I have a frequent flyer on NW so that's what I am shooting for. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any cheap flights on any airlines right now to Philadelphia. I was bummed about that.

When is your hubby going to decide if he is going or not? I would like to find a roommate to help defray hotel costs (and have someone to gab with at night about all this) so if he does go I'll find someone else on the board but if not then maybe you and I could room together? My husband thinks I'm crazy to want to share a room with a stranger- but I told him that I think it would be more fun to have someone to share this awesome experience with than to be alone in my room at night with all my excitement. PLUS- I imagine that most of us girls going on this trip would get along pretty well at least during these couple of days given out excitement and love of all things Cathe! I really want to find someone who is interested in doing every possible thing offered this weekend but ESPECIALLY someone who is as determined to do every single live class Cathe offers. Not only will it be so cool to workout with her- but it will be a personal challenge to be able to make it through all of them without collapsing, lol! I'm starting to train for that now!

Denise
PS: feel free to give me a call and we can chat. 763-315-0451

Hi Denise!

I officially found out that my husband won't be joining me. Looks like we'll be traveling with eachother and sharing a hotel room. I'm really looking forward to this adventure!!! When I read your post, it looked like something I would have wrote. I would also like to make the most of this experience and to be involved in everything on the agenda for the weekend.

A tiny bit about myself, I'm 29 years old...no kids and have been married for 7 1/2 years. I'm currently recovering from a stress fracture in my hip from running. I was on crutches for 6 weeks in December and January. I should say, I'm NOT a huge runner by any means...I much prefer the variety of cardio and strength work outs. About 5 weeks ago, I was given the "ok" from my orthopedic surgeon to do low-impact work outs (elliptical, bike, etc). I meet him again this week in the hopes I get the go ahead for high impact (step aerobics, etc.). I hope to get myself back into shape in time for the road trip.

I looked up flights and noticed they are VERY pricy. Everything I found on Northwest was around $900! If you're flexible on airlines, I found a nonstop flight on US Airways for $497. Departure date and time: Thurs, July 24th at 11:00 a.m. The only stickler is that the departure flight on Sunday is at 1:35 p.m. which means we might have to miss some of the brunch but at least make her morning class. The later flight around 2:30 p.m. jumped to $800. What's the deal w/the spendy flights??!! As an FYI, we could leave around 7:00 a.m. on Thursday for about the same price ($497) in case we wanted spend the day sight seeing, etc.

Anyway, I'll let you digest the flight information I gave you and will give you a call tomorrow (if that's ok). I can book our hotel reservations on Monday since that's when the room block will be first available.

YEAH...I'm so excited!

Katie

That's awesome! We might have to try to find flights that are around the same time as each other and fly separately because at those prices I am definitely giong to want to use my frequent flier on Northwest. Maybe the prices will come down or there will be a sale or something soon. I don't want to have to miss a minute of the weekend so hopefully I can find a flight that is late enough on Sunday so I don't have to rush but not too late that I am not getting home until midnight.

About me... I am 36 years old and have three kids ages 8, 4 and 19 months. I discovered Cathe just before I got married in 1996 and have been working out to her ever since. I work in Human Resources and am currently in charge of all the recruiting for a company in St. Paul called SYSCO Asian Foods.

I am so excited about this trip I just don't know how I am going to wait 3 months! And yes- call me tomorrow and we can talk some more about all this.

Denise

Hi Denise:
I left you a message. Just wanted to let you know that I think I found a NW flight that's reasonable in price and would allow us to not miss anything on the RT agenda. If we need to, we can always coordinate flight times as well. I think the $900 price was a fluke (fingers crossed)!!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.