Mini-trampolines

D

debmac

I'm interested in getting one of these, but I have no idea what the price might be. Sure, I could've researched a few websites to get some info, but I thought it'd be more fun to see if any of you might know off-hand.:) And, for those of you who have one, do you get a good cardio workout using it?

Thanks--Debbie

Have you ever done Urban Rebounding?

Hi Debbie...

Have you ever done a class called Urban Rebounding? It's mini-trampolining, but in class form. I've done it 3x at my gym. The gym is new at it, I'm new at it and the instructors are new at it, so there is a DEFINITE learning curve there. It might be worth your while to take a class or two...

I was surprised that the jumping motion goes DOWN on the trampoline and NOT up. (A real quad burner in the beginning). We did (it's a beginner class), alot of basic aerobic moves. Side-to-sides, heels up, knees up, then we did some twists, some kicks, then went on to the jumping DOWN.... I'm tall and awkward, so it really was a strange movement for me in the beginning! By the 3rd class, they slowed the music down enough that I was able to keep up!!!
wink.gif

Anyway... too much info, I know that! You know me though.... tee-hee.

I believe I've seen them at WalMart. Can't tell you of the quality or the price (hey -- that did you alot of good didn't it?).. Cuz if I would bring ONE MORE PIECE Of exercise equipment into this house... My dh would probably KILL ME!
wink.gif

As far as a good cardio workout? Yep... it's a good one. I had the sweat rolling... Of all the moves we did on it, I actually enjoyed the running on it the most!!! I imagine you could also use it with ALOT of the cardio tapes up there and thereby lessen the impact of the tapes....

Just my $2.02!!!
wink.gif

Cleda

prices

My pricing might be a bit outdated, but I think the Walmart trampolines are around $39.95? If you have a "Play it again sports" or other second-hand exercise equipment store in the area, you might want to check it out. I think you could probably find a good, not-to-used one at a good price.

I teach Urban Rebounding

and I can definately tell you it's a GREAT cardio workout!! Prices vary. However a minitrampoline and a rebounder are quite different. In price and quality. Minitrampolines are alittle bit stiffer, the netting doesn't give as much when you jump down into it and range from $30.00-$75.00. Rebounders have that give and the leather does not cover the springs on the sides of the net and they will cost you anywhere from$75.00- $160.00 each. They are great pieces of equipment, but boy, am I happy I didn't have to pay for one. Too exspensive for me
wink.gif
!!!

Urban Rebounding has a website too

I was able to see this demo'd at a fitness convention last spring...it looked so fun! Urban Rebounding sells a video and their rebounders on the site
happy.gif
....Cleda..my DH would kill me too.

http://www.urbanrebounding.com

nancy:O)

In FIT magazine

There is a article on Urban Rebounding and they say it's price is $230 each!! I'm pretty sure they're cheaper as I mentioned before. But, if you just want to see if you like it, the magazine does show moves to do on it. Most classes(mine included) do these moves. But if you happen to have a trampoline laying around the house, you do the one in the mag to see if it would be something for you. Hope this helps
happy.gif
!!

I have a rebounder and the Urban Rebounding tape

When I did the tape, I realized that what I thought was rebounding was just jumping up and down on the trampoline. Not the right way to do it for a good workout. The tape is a great workout! I really learned how to use my rebounder properly and have fun doing it!
I got a more expensive one as I had a cheap one that broke down after quite a bit of use and my kids like using it too so I thought it was a good investment for all of us. I also spent more because I wanted one that would fold up for easy storage and that kind definitely costs more.
I would definitely recommend trying Play It Again Sports to see if they have one. There's a good probability that you would be able to find one there for a reasonable price to see if you even like it.
Have fun,
Joyce

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.