Mid December Pregnancy Update!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone. I'm sure about now you are all out shopping, baking, decorating, holiday partying, etc. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

I just got in from the mall myself and decided to put my feet up and post an update. I have the key board in my lap, dogs at my side, and Eric in my belly begging for more of that delicious hot chocolate(hubby's still out shopping
happy.gif
).

I had my two week check up yesterday and I gained another 2 1/2 pounds since the last update. Wow, I better get a little more will power when it comes to saying no to some of this tempting holiday food
happy.gif
. Actually I'm not doing too badly. I'm just getting ready to start my 35th week on Monday and have gained 28 pounds total. They had said that it would be fine for me to gain about 25 to 35 pounds total and it looks like thats pretty much where I'm headed. Also, my belly measured in at 34 centimeters so everything is fine there too.

The new developments this month are: 1) My veins are much more prominent. Especially around my ribs and chest. 2) I seem to get out of breath for almost anything. Especially stair climbing and tying my shoes. 3) My body is holding so much water. I have already experienced this retention in my ankles and feet but now it has taken over all areas of my leg. 4) Although I already drink high amounts of water, I'm extra thirsty lately. I find myself craving orange juice, cranberry juice, and all sorts of fruits. I am amazed that this has not worsened my heartburn situation. 5) I'm feeling super congested and this in turn has brought back my toothache. I'm going to use tylenol allergy/sinus again since this seemed to help the last sinus based toothache a few months ago. 6) I find that at night I'm fidgity and wrestless and by day I'm very sleepy. There must be something wrong with my body clock. 7) I have had a major increase in the amount of times I need to go to the bathroom. This I'm sure is a direct result of being extra thirsty too. I feel as though I have altered my life around where the nearest restroom is.

I'm still teaching my classes and modifying whenever needed. I should have my two new larger Dangerboy maternity tops by Monday so that will be a nice treat.

The baby is super active now. Sometimes the movements are a little painful. Yet, sometimes they are downright ticklish. Oh, but this is all so much fun.

I am happy to say that I will be able to have Addi on an extended visit through the holidays. The CPL organization has given their employees a week off for the holidays and allowed the puppy homes to keep their dogs until early January. You bet I'm a happy camper!

Well, thats all for now. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. I'll post again in early January. Ho Ho Ho!

Glad things are going so well!

Hi Cathe!

I'll bet you are positively radiant! This is such a wonderful time for you...you are in the home stretch now and the best is yet to come. In no time that precious baby will be in your arms.

My second child is now 4 months old. Last night I went to my sister's Christmas party and I wore my pre-pregnancy clothes (including pants!) Your videos and motivation have really helped my regain my shape quickly. Thanks a million! Have a wonderful Christmas!

You're amazing, Cathe

35 weeks and still teaching classes! That's great! And 28 lbs. so far is great, especially since a lot of it is fluid retention. It won't take you long at all to lose it after Eric is born.

What an exciting time! Don't you love being pregnant during the holidays? I was due in February with my second, and it just made Christmas that much more special. Just wait until next year, when you have an almost-toddler filled with amazement at all of the Christmas decorations and presents--it's got to be the best thing in life!

So glad to hear that Addi will be able to stay with you during the holidays!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kristin

Hang in there Cathe!

And like I said, enjoy it now - get some sleep! Soon you'll be up every 2 hours at night like I am, feeding your little one! Steven screams as if we've been starving him, even if he only ate 2 hours ago! My husband did night duty for the 1st time last night, and boy is he exhausted - and now has a new respect for me and all mothers!
Good luck in your last weeks of pregnancy, and I hope all goes well with Labor & Delivery! Happy holidays, I'll be looking for your birth post!
Candice

Fluid Retention

Hi Cathe,

I can really sympathize with the fluid retention problem! I'm 21 weeks now, and in the last six weeks I gained 16 pounds!!! I confess I indulged a bit during Thanksgiving but my body has been holding water like a sponge ever since. Any muscle tone I had in my legs has been obliterated by the retention problem. By saturday afternoon, my ankles all but disappeared. This kinda has me bummed out because I've been exercising fairly regularly. Unfortunately, I don't have too many opportunities to just put my feet up...especially during this time of the year. On saturday, I decided to bail out of a family gathering just so I could stay home and prop up my tired swollen legs. I felt a little guilty but I really had to force myself to get some rest. (Having the husband and kids out of the house wasn't so bad either). Believe it or not, after a couple of hours of watching rental movies with my legs propped up, I felt well enough to do the step portion of your Wedding Tape. I felt great afterwards!

Lucky for you you don't have much longer to go!
(I'm sorry if my post turned into one big whine-fest)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

You amaze me!

Cathe,

35 weeks and still teaching classes? You amaze me! You seem to be doing fairly well - sorry about the congestion and tooth ache. Great news about keeping Addi over the holidays.

I hope you and Jon have the most special holiday ever - that is until next year when your almost 1 year old sees that tree for the first time!

Stay well,
Judy

Some inspiration for our mom-to-be

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-99 AT 05:46PM (EST)</font></center>

Hope these quotes will help get you through these final bladder-crushing weeks! I'm so glad Addi will be with you through the Christmas holidays -- every home needs a puppy to knock over the Christmas tree.

I remember my mother's prayers
and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life."
~ Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) ~

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.
All I am I owe to my mother.
I attribute all my success in life to
the moral, intellectual and
physical education I received from her."
~ George Washington (1732-1799) ~

Her children rise up and bless her.
Proverbs 31:28

Corny stuff, I know, but being a mother is pretty corny. Merry Christmas to you, John and baby Eric.

You are awesome...

Cathe,
I was shocked and amazed when I read that you are still teaching classes - wow, what a superwoman! I read your pregnancy posts and just *feel* so excited for you. You will LOVE motherhood - little Eric is a lucky boy. I must admit - I feel choked up when I think of you having this little baby soon. I am so happy for you and Jon.

Okay, then after I feel choked up - I get this incredible urge for a NEW Cathe video on my video shelf. Is that just TOO awful???!??

Enjoy the holidays - and have some extra goodies!
Suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.