Metamorphosis

I haven't tried Metamorphosis but I do have several of her DVDs. I won't mince words: her workouts bore me senseless. But barre has major dread factor for me and a lot of her stuff is barre-type work or floorwork. I like much of Cathe's floorwork but Tracy's I just can't get into.
Her toning DVDs are simple but her cueing is often off so I always have to keep looking up at the screen.
Her dance cardio is very choreography-heavy and can be fun if you're into spinny-dancey stuff.
I know you asked specifically about Metamorphosis, but I think that program is essentially dance cardio with her toning stuff that's tailored to focus on a specific body part.
Have you tried any of her stuff before?
Roz

I have only watched a few clips of her workouts. So I'm not the best judge. But her arm workout was very strange. I asked myself if she was having a seizure. I thought it was that strange. Quite a few people swear by her workouts, Gwynneth Paltrow (sp) being one of them.

I have only watched a few clips of her workouts. So I'm not the best judge. But her arm workout was very strange. I asked myself if she was having a seizure. I thought it was that strange. Quite a few people swear by her workouts, Gwynneth Paltrow (sp) being one of them.
I completed Meta Omni and it was hard! It is a half hour of cardio and a half hour of toning mostly on all fours. I did not do the cardio but substituted walking with Leslie. I got really good results. Slimmed down, lost weight and inches and gained definition. She barely cues and at times it was frustrating until I learned what was coming. Ten days on each level and then you moved on to the next. Those arm moves with light weights were very effective.
I have been a Cathe fan for years and have completed STS twice and I still found Meta challenging because it is so different from Cathe. But she really is not for everyone. Love her or hate her and I love her.
You can go over to videofitness.com to find tons of threads about TA and Meta.
Don't scoff at the 3 lbs. weights. Your arms are fried.

I would have to agree with PhyllisG, Meta Omni was/is very challenging. Everything she does is challenging. In addition to the results mentioned above I'll add specifically, wrist strength, back strength, and core strength, above all though I think it was balance (& posture) that improved the most. She has a way of getting you to completely focus on one thing and being conscious of what you are doing. It has had a positive effect on everything I have done since.

If you are new to Tracy, the new mat & cardio dance beginner workouts are a good start, you may get the gist of what her method is like with those. There are also numerous youtube videos as well. IIRC, the youtube Ironman 2 Workout A & B were good ones.

I used to do the muscular structure part first, the dance cardio second, it was my kind of "work then play" motivation, this is a an example of the cardio.

I agree that if you want to try her out get the NEW beginner cardio and mat workouts. She really breaks it down and I have heard from others who are familiar with TA that these were very good. Also BB&B had Meta for like $30. I don't know if they are still available.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.