mats for tile floor recommendations?

macbeanur

Cathlete
I have just moved to a place that has vinyl tiles on top of concrete. I am prone to plantar fasciitis and shin splints so I am looking for something I can add to my floor to help prevent injuries when doing my high impact workouts. But I also want to be able to use my slide & glide discs.

But if I have to choose between a mat that gives me padding and being able to use my SG discs I choose a mat.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I should get? I've been eyeing the puzzle-type mats that I have seen at Sports Authority but I wanted input before purchasing anything.

thanks in advance,

sarah

Hello. I have the puzzle mats....I have them on top of carpet for extra support. They are great, but you can not use the disc's with them. I have an entire room for my "home gym" I matted 3/4 of the floor and left an area so I could use the disc's.

I think on a tile floor the mats would slide. Maybe, you could put double sided tape on them to keep them in place? Hope this helps.

I have cement floors throughout my house. In the gym I put down a ¾” rubber mat and then an area of puzzle mats on top of that. This provides ample cushion for my feet.
To solve the disc problem, I purchase some Flor tiles. The discs slide perfectly on them.

i agree with the puzzle mats.....and when it's time for slide and glide just do it on ur tile floors......or u can get a small rug and put it on top of the puzzle mats and use that for ur slide and glide discs.....u can buy a rug fairly cheap at places like walmart or target or something like that....HTH:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.