Maternity workout wear

Golfingirl

Cathlete
Hi, just wondering what clothes you all find comfortable for working out in as your pregnancy progresses? I am only 14 weeks so still in my old stuff, but when I've looked for maternity workout wear for down the road I'm not finding much... and what I do find only seems to come in black! :eek: Does it work to just "size up" in regular stuff? I'm clueless as this is my first child (third pregnancy, but first two were early losses... thankfully this one is sticking... I had a CVS not long ago and learned this baby has a normal chromosome count, and it's a boy! :) ).

Thanks in advance!

Hi Golfingirl!

Congratulations!!! This is my first child as well and I just found out last week that we are going to have a girl :) .

I am 21 weeks and so far I still have a couple of workout clothes that fit me, but bought one set in a size bigger. Other than that I am clueless as well and hopefully some of the other ladies will chip in.

Join us at the Moms-to-be-check-in if you like.

Have a great day
Kristine :)

I sized up in my sports bra. For workout tanks, pants and capris I ordered from www.fitmaternity.com. I didn't like the shorts at fitmaternity, so I sized up in some that had a drawstring waist. I hope this helps, as I had a hard time finding maternity workout clothes, too.

Congrats on your healthy little boy!

Karen

Hi!

Well, I've had the best luck at Motherhood maternity stores (also motherhood.com), and Old Navy Maternity (also oldnavymaternity.com). I found basic drawstring cotton shorts at motherhood in black, gray, and white. I found lots of cute tank tops and some super comy black capris at Old Navy. A couple other places that you might find have some luck is the Target maternity section, sometimes they'll have good tank tops and shorts, and Gapmaternity.com also has a few active clothes.

Hope that's helpful.
Stacey

Baby#3 due 1/22/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Congratulations!

I'm not sure what size/lengths you are looking for, but here is what I have found out. Since maternity fitness wear is generally more expensive (with less selection and less sales) than "regular" fitness wear, I chose to size-up with pants that have stretchy waist bands and/or are low-rise. Kohls.com has alot of cute, inexpensive junior activewear pants with varying inseams (31" to 34") that work great (if you are generally smaller in the hips) because the waists have quite a bit of give that you can grow into. I could buy 4 pairs of "regular" pants for what I paid for 1 pair of maternity pants. I don't know about misses fitness wear, but I'm sure that there are also some pants with the lower rise and stretchy waist that would work good too.

As far as true maternity fitness wear, FitMaternity.com told me that all of their pants' inseams are 30", which is way too short for me. DueMaternity.com has some cute black yoga pants. The Ripe brand has a 33" inseam. OldNavy.com and Gap.com also sell activewear. The problem that I have is that I have a long inseam, so finding maternity pants long enough was my problem, which is why I opted to use "regular" sized-up clothes as my fitness wear.

Also, if you are looking to extend your pre-pregnancy pants, the Bella Band works good.

HTH!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I did some shopping yesterday (needed a variety of maternity stuff) and was able to pick up two pairs of workout pants... black yoga pants from the sale rack at Mimi Maternity, and a pair of cropped athletic pants (not sweats but not quite tights) from a Motherworks outlet. Both are very comfy and wearable now, but have room to grow. I will probably look for more styles like this, and then just size up in sports bras.

Thanks again for the info and ideas! :)

Finding fitness maternity clothes was a challenge. My MOST favorite tees to workout in were from 2chix.com. They are super soft and stretchy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just wore larger tank tops and a neighbor loaned me a support belt that had velcro and wrapped under my belly and made my workouts MUCH more comfortable especially when I really started getting a tummy. For shorts, I just went with those that had were a larger size and had a bit of a lower rise to them. I just didn't want to spend much on clothes that don't make it out of my basement.:)

Hello,
I was determined to fined clothes that were going to keep up with my pregnancy and my running habit. Nike makes awsome running tops and I bought most of them on EBAY. I am planning on selling most of the on EBAY again since I won't be needing them any more. Also there is a website called mothers in motion. You can find work out shorts from them on EBAY also. Best of luck and keep healthy

Dina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.