Mascara Fanatics - Need some help!

Jody

Cathlete
I am in search of a new mascara. I've gotten a few duds lately, so I thought I would check and see if anyone here has a mascara they are in love with. I have "barely there" lashes so I need all the help I can get!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated - thanks! :)

I would never use any other mascara other than MAry Kay mascara...there are 2 new formulas-both are great!

I would also say Clinique and I have had great luck with Merle Norman. I'm picky because I find many mascaras flake off into my eyes, which is not too good when one wears contacts.

How much are those brands? I always buy Maybelline because I can't imagine paying more than $6 or $7 for mascara!

I know Merle Norman runs about $18.00 (I have a "special" discount) but for me it is money well spent if it not going to flake into my eyes. I've had quite a bit of difficulty with Maybelline although their product has improved over the years.

I love Shu Umera. It makes me feel like I have false eyelashes on. It really extends. It is a bit pricey but totally worth it IMO.
LD

Bobbie Brown's Everything Mascara is fab! You might also want to try a lash primer - Smashbox has a great one.

Good luck!

I've used LoReal's Voluminous mascara for years and LOVE it.

I'm like you, I can't see a reason to pay for fancy masacara, particuarly when I've found one that I really like for $7!

Benefit's Bad Gal--I love that stuff. It's so good it almost looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes.

But it's not cheap--I get it from Sephora for around $20 a tube.

I used to use the Mary Kay ultimate but I ran out and didn't order soon enough so I bought the Kirkland brand at costco. I got 2 in a pack for something like $20. Anyhow, I love it - it is just as good as the MK if not better.

My daughter discovered a really great mascara that makes lashes stand out without being clumpy. Lash Stylist by Maybelline. I tried it and loved it. I also saw it mentioned in Health magazine as a good buy for great looking lashes.

I love Loreal's Lash Extend ( think that is the name) it has two parts, one holds fibers that you put on first the second is the actual mascara. Good stuff!
Oh and Christian Dior has one called DiorShow that is pretty fantastic. I must own 5 different kinds!:)

I used to use one of the Loreal brands. I don't remember the name. I only remembered the shape of the container. Now, I use Estee Lauder's XL. I once bought Estee Lauder's MagnaScopic mascara that comes in a thicker tube because the XL was sold out. It worked great for making the lashes look more voluminous and plump. I have lots of eyelashes, I'd rather they look longer and more natural.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of MAC's mascara, any of them. It's too liquidy for my taste. I end up smearing it before it has a chance to dry. Also, it's not good to apply MAC while driving. ;-) Another pet peeve of mine... MAC's sales people are usually inexperienced, immature youths lacking in any decent customer service skills!!! I'd rather not have to yell my order over the music either.

Max Factor's Stretch and Separate is the only thing I will use and it it does just that...stretch and separate your lashes. It is never clumpy and it separates my lashes perfectly. Nothing else compares and I've tried all brands from inexpensive to overly expensive.

I have used Loreal Voluminous for years and love it. I'm always recommeding it to everyone! Target has it and it's under $6!

I recently got a sample of Clinique's High Impact and really like that, too, although I'm sure the price tag isn't anywhere near Voluminous.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.