March Check IN ► Mon. 2nd ◄

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning!

We just made it as far as not getting any snow to the dismay of my kids here but its cold.

Up where DH works its snowing and icy so he's taking it slow & easy this morning and all the schools 1 1/2 hrs away are closed lol

I took a few days off from working out as I was feeling really sick and I still feel it in my head but I plan on working out today and see how that goes.

Silver is on the mend and the vet told me last night that Silver may be able to come home today :) ( The vet's been real good at calling and keeping us updated since they were closed yesterday)

So back to some normalcy here

I hope those who have snow enjoy it :) and Everyone have a wonderful Monday. I pray to BBL.... but I have no idea what the day ahead of me will be like as unexpected things tend to happen .

I've missed you all.

picture.php

Vilma, I hope your workout goes well today, headache and all. I hope you are back to 100% tomorrow! Good news on Silver, and very nice of the vet to keep updating you -- we have found a great vet, too, and it's nice when you can tell they really care.

Joanne, I hope we hear from you today -- I'm worried about what's going on with you. Let us know -- we're thinking about you. How was Oliver?

Good morning, Chris, Kathy, Ivy, Hottie -- what's happening? Everyone was so quiet this weekend. Hope all is well.

I made it through low max this morning, and for the first time ever I did it with two risers. It wasn't so bad -- that one has such a dread factor for me because it works the legs so hard (in my opinion). I don't know if my legs are stronger or if it's actually easier on two risers, or maybe my memory is just wrong, but it didn't seem as hard as I remember. It definitely works the legs! I think I did something wrong to my hamstring with CLX -- it's still just really sore, so I had to sort of baby it a bit -- maybe that's why it wasn't as hard! :D

We have a crazy stormy Monday here -- high winds, hard rain. Have a great day!

-Beth

Hola friends!!

Today was STS Disc 1:

WOW!!!!! Is all I have to say!!!! OMG that's a butt kicking workout!!! My arms are SO shaky right now that I can't hardly type!! That was just an amazing and fun workout! It really shocked my upper body, LOL! I struggled in some of the push ups because I felt like I was going to break my arms they were so shaky. I think I will have big time DOMS tomorrow from this workout. I LOVE the extended stretch, it was so relaxing. Cathe did a great job in the extendend stretch. Then I did Abs Circuit No Equiptment Abs and it was so great!! I really loved every bit of the workout today!!! I'm SO glad I bought it!! I can't wait till Wednesday! WOOHOO!!

What a workout!!! Today I bought the slanted risers on Buy.com so I hope I get them this week. They are usually pretty fast on delivery. Ohh and when doing the extended stretch it was so hard to get my arms up because they felt like they weight 100 lbs, LOL!!!

Vilma: Oh no! I hope you feel better! Have fun with your workout today!

Beth: WTG on Lowmax. I agree, that workout works the legs really hard! WTG on using 2 risers!!! It's hard for me on one, lol.

Well, I'm off to do what must be done around here. Later today I'm thinking of taking a step class at the Y with my neighbor. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Yesterday ALL day I was cleaning my house and doing laundry. I've missed you all.

Waves to Chris, Hottie, Joanne, Kathy and everyone else :)

BB later

Good morning! Yesterday Joe and I went to Das Rheingold at the LA Opera. We ended up paying $20 for valet because I stayed too long at lab before hand and couldn't find cheap parking close enough before they closed up the doors but its ok since I only paid $20/ticket anyway because of student prices. I ate sorta heavy stuff for dinner even if the calorie count was ok (chicken parmesan) -- have you guys ever felt that if the food feels heavy it stays in your body longer (or on the scale longer)? I'm hoping the two days rule will apply and it'll all be gone by Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm all about getting back on the discipline horse this week so let's see if I can actually do it.

Vilma -- so glad to hear Silver is coming back! I hope you feel better!
Beth -- so I had been doing lowmax these last couple weeks on 6 inches so I can make sure I don't land too hard on my feet but I definitely feel the difference when its at 8 (but like I said, it might mostly be because I have to be so careful with how my feet land on the ground -- I'm convinced I'm highly uncoordinated so it makes it harder). It's gloomy down here in SoCal for now but that may change by noon -- we had high temperatures this weekend, over 80.
Ivy - so how are you liking the classes? The classes I take at SC actually has really made me appreciate Cathe. I feel that the instructors never hit the balance I want them too (either through complexity or intensity) with the exception of the spinning and yoga classes I have taken. I feel probably now that I need to get my HR a certain level to feel that endorphin rush and the classes never seem to get it up there for me. I'm not sure if I'll pay the next term for the classes I guess is what I'm saying.

I'm going to head out to the school gym to just do some low intensity elliptical work. I want to do a GS in the evening. i'll keep ya'll updated on the house but we're not making any decisions until the numbers are crunched after obama's speech tomorrow and some of the walkthrough inspections. it's stressing the crap out of me though!

BBL hopefully

Hi ladies! Everything is OK. My mom is much better. I think she was just getting over the worst of it when she went to the ER. What a depressing place! I went to sit with her after work and she was in the hallway on a bed. We waited about four hours and they finally let her go. They gave her some IV fluids and sent her home with an anti-nausea drug and an antibiotic just in case is was some type of infection. I hope I didn't sound like I had my priorities messed up - in saying I was worried about missing the play. Everything worked out fine and I was able to go that night and DH went the next.

Ivy, AWESOME!!! I started today too. I kept reading about how people didn't like the Lean phase of CLX, so I figured, what the heck, might as well start STS! I liked it, although the floor looked like a war zone after with all the equipment out. My arms are feeling it now, although I think I was off on a few 1RMs - some too high, some too low. I did ab circuits, too - no equipment.

Hottie, I find LowMax really tough when you start with the 8 inches, but a few combos in it feels more comfortable. But you have to be careful with your foot. Hope all works out well with the house - I know it's tough trying to make the right decision. This economy is really scary.

Hi Beth. Oliver was good - Jameson had a really minor role, but he did have one line! It's amazing some of the talent these kids have. And they're only 11-13 years old. Hope your hamstring is OK.

Vilma, yea for Silver coming home! Hope you can get a workout in, but be easy on yourself so you get all better!

All the kids are home for Pulaski day so it's a bit crazy here!

BBL...

Joanne

Hottie: I like the step/cardio classes at the Y, but they are not as intense as Cathe's. So far, Cathe has been my toughest instructor and I love that because I like to feel like I worked out hard! Today I will take a step class and I'm so looking forward to it. Don't need anything hard today of cardio since I did STS and my arms are STILL feeling it! I'm so scared to wake up tomorrow and not be able to use my arms, LOL!!!!

Joanne: I'm glad your mom is much better! YAY!! That's so awesoem that you started today!!! Now we both are on the same track. Are you going to follow the cardio suggested by Cathe? I am.

Well, I'm going to Step Class soon and going to be busy the rest of the day. I hope you all have a great day! I'll BB tomorrow.

Ok, I'll bite... who's Pulaski? Something I should know, I'm sure!! I'm so glad to hear your mom is ok -- I was really worried. And no, you didn't sound like you had your priorities messed up at all -- it sounded very stressful. Great that you're starting STS!!! I realized I should have looked ahead at my calendar a bit better.... the kids have spring break in April and we may go somewhere & I don't think as it is it coincides with a rest week of STS. What I may do is repeat a week of meso 1 to make it work out (if that works -- I haven't looked closely enough at dates). Fun for you and Ivy to be in sync with it. Ivy, I can't imagine how you're going to do another workout this afternoon -- you are crazy, woman!!!

-Beth

HI everyone...

Quick checkin..We are having a few internet issues..So, I want to try to say hi and checkin before there is another problem..

I am starting the STS rotation recovery week. Yesterday I took that rest day. The family did go for a little walk with the dog.. I decided to do all cardio this week. Today I did Amy Bento's advanced step challenge and 1 segment of abs and stretch from Amy's abs and stretch DVD. I enjoy the cardio today. It helps when you know the steps. I enjoy it more everytime now that I can follow along..

JOanne: GLad your mom is feeling better.

Hottie: Enjoy your workout at the gym!!

Ivy: Way to go with starting STS..I felt shaky like that too...Great job!! I have those slanted risers too. Makes it alot better to do those exercises on an incline..

Beth: I usually do Lowmax with the 8" risers. It is one tough workout that way!!

Vilma: We got the snow..and it is cold. We got about 4 or 5" ..The kids went out this morning some. But, it was windy making it really cold. They didn't last long outside...Hope you are feeling better..Take it easy!!

Ok, I am going to try and check back later. If my internet cooperates..

Kathy, enjoy your rest week. It's fun to kind of just do what you want or nothing at all!

Beth, I think my boss said it best when she said it's hard because I'm in the "sandwich" generation. I still have young children to take care of but I also have aging parents. It's really hard to balance the two sometimes. We're always running somewhere with the kids, but now we have to keep in mind that my parents might need us. My mom understands, but I wish I could do more to help her. OK, I'm embarrassed to say I don't know exactly who Pulaski is! He's Casimir Pulaski and I know he was some war hero. At least I think so. All I know is the kids are home! Maybe it's not a national holiday.

Ivy, have fun at that step class. I am planning to follow the cardio recommendations. But, I was thinking I'd like to add another leg workout. So, I might substitute Imax2 tomorrow with one of the Plyo legs workouts. Or just add on the Squeeze Stronger leg work. We'll see how I feel in the morning!

OK, we let go of the reins a bit today - we've always been pretty protective of the kids. Well, Jameson wanted to have a friend over and DH said why don't you go bowling instead? So, he called some friends and we dropped him off there. Alone! Big step for me! Ian went with him. I'm sure they are fine - it's only two blocks away. But, I felt so nervous leaving them there! Now I anxiously wait for the call to come pick them up! This is just a small taste of the teenage years to come I'm sure!

Joanne

Hi Everyone...

Checking in today with Power Half Hour Stretch (Tony Horton)... It couldn't have come at a better time. Sunday night was MUCH better at work, but I ended up coming home with a headache. And woke up this afternoon with it too. I ate a snack, did my Neti Pot, took 3 Advils, and did my stretch. My head still hurts.

Oh, and the boys got a Snow Day today. We got 11 freakin inches of snow last night/this morning. The roads were crappy this morning and cars were spinning out around me on the way home. I just wanted to get home safe!!

Anyways, I'm in a grumpy irritible mood and my head still hurts...
I know this sounds bad, but DH was off from work last night AND tonight, and I wish he weren't! I just want to be alone :(

Vilma: Hope your headache went away and you got in a nice workout.

Beth: Congrats on graduating to 8 inches for LowMax!! My hamstring issue eventually did go away with STS. I hope yours does too. I guess it's a crazy weather day all around, huh? We not only got snow , (which is kind of pretty even though it's MARCH 2nd!!), it's supposed to be crazy cold , with wind chills 10 below zero this week. THAT is what sucks!

Ivy: WTG on STS Disc 1!!! Don't you just love the way the exercises move from one to the other without lingering with forever reps on one exercise? You'll get used to the pace. Did you do all your 1RMs? Yes, the push-ups ARE insane, aren't they??

Hottie: The opera sounds so classy to me! You must have had a blast! Your workout today sounds like a good plan. YOu're doing great at finding low impact stuff to do!

Joanne: Glad to hear your mom is better! No, I totally understand how you felt about your son's play. It's about our KIDS , that's why it's so important. You're a good mom, that's all! I know about crazy with the kids home ... they're NUTS right now. The 2 younger ones are Yelling and screaming about a "secret hand shake with my penis" and my oldest is screaming back, he's so "grossed out". Not a good day for this! :mad:

Kathy: Sorry you're having internet issues! That sucks..good that you got to check in today . Your cardio day sounds like a good one! Glad you enjoyed it..

Gotta go shower and then whip up something magical for supper! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.