Low Impact Cardio suggestions

jcm

Cathlete
I'm on my fourth round of STS. I know i need to get in three solid days of cardio so I don't bulk up. After finishing the first Mesocycle doing HiiT the realization is ... at 44 my back can't handle the high impact. It's my recovery week so I'll be doing yoga. But by the time it's meso 2 time I'd like to have some of Cathe's Low Impact dvd's for non STS days. I do have Afterburn. Was considering Athletic Training, Cardio Supersets, Xtain HiiT, ICE Low impact HiiT and ICE Low impact Sweat. Will probably purchase 3. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jenny

I 2nd cardio supersets. The whole series is great! There's also Low Impact circuit but it does include weights.

I think Athletic Training is more lifting than cardio. Afterburn is a favorite of mine I also really like the ICE Low Impact Sweat and ICE Rock 'em Sock 'em Kickbox.

Another idea to consider is to alternate STS weeks with weeks where you do STS Total Body (or Muscle Max) twice a week. During that week you can get in more cardio.

Thanks for the suggestions! It's a hard reality to admit I can't do high impact anymore!! When I was trying to decide what to choose it was tough - all of her workouts are awesome! I really hadn't done Cathe in probably two years at least ... just doing Yoga 108 and Warrior 365. But I miss how my body looked when Cathe was doing her thing :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.