Low Carbers & Friends Jan. 2013

Tigger

Cathlete
Hi fit babes! Welcome to the new year! And the new workouts!!! Has anyone tried them yet? I'm still reading the user's guide. :D I really like that each DVD has the breakdown of each exercise and a place to write down my weight. Saves me a lot of time!

Hope everyone is doing well! We had some snow on Christmas, and again on New Year's Eve but nothing staggering. Just a few challenging mornings when everything turned to ice. :mad: Back to the rain and I'm not complaining!

I made a resolution to eat better and cut down on the wine but have found that the motivation and willpower are nowhere to be found. Grrrr. Hoping things will get better in that Dept. soon, like, when we're settled in the new house. And no, no move yet, but getting there. Slowly of course!

Have a great weekend babes!

Uh oh, Tracy - looks like you and Melinda are both raring to go this year ;). She started a new thread too. I personally don't care which thread continues - if you want to check it out, it's here.

Okay - for the new workouts (which are FAR superior to STS, IMHO), here's what I've done so far:
CBS - really liked the fact that she doesn't hurry the reps and you have time to get your equipment
All Out HiiT - all but the step portion - really liked this one and only had to modify one floor exercise
Legs - More endurance type but a good workout - the barre portion with the leg high to the side seemed to last forever as did the ending floorwork. Maybe it's just 'cause I was getting really hungry by the end of the morning's workout, though :eek:. Also, the workout was longer than what it says - more about that later...
Hard Strikes - no conditioning - good basic boxing workout - but acc'd to my timer, shorter than the book says

As to the times, acc'd to my timer:
The warmup/boxing/KB portion of Hard Strikes was shortly over 30 min (the book says 35, I think). Unless I read my timer wrong :rolleyes:.
The Leg workout is listed as 51+ but I skipped the warm up ended up with a time of 61 or so minutes :confused:.

Let's just say the warm up/boxing/kb section of Hard Strikes plus the Leg workout with no warm up = 93.3 minutes. How's that :p?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.