Low appetite

littlechrissy

Need help! I know I don't eat enough to support 1 hr of Cathe workouts 6 times a week. I try to eat 6 mini meals a day, but always seem to come up short on the calories (1600-1800). I am 5'6 1/2" and 124 lbs. It is difficult for me to build muscle, so I have been working the S&H series into my rotations. My problem is I don't really get that hungry, especially when I up the protein. I want to eat more to support muscle growth, but how can I stimulate my appetite? I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks!:D

Chrissy you should be eating 1g of protein per pound of body weight which for you would be 124gs a day, to build that muscle you need. If you try to get this protein in using 'lighter' foods, you may find it easier to get the amount down, like fish and chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, eggs. Watch how many'filler' carbs you eattoo, the starchy ones like breads, pastas, white rice, etc, that may be impeding your appetite.

Do your best to get it in along w/plenty of fiber and keep working out heavy! Your metabolism eventually will kick into gear and suddenly that furnace will heat up and you'll develop a strong appetite.

Hope that helps some!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.