LOVED Tracey Staehl's Strike Zone!

SRP

Cathlete
I LOVE Strike Zone! It was the absolute best kickbox workout I've ever done - and that's saying a lot because I don't like kickboxing very much. I keep trying to find one that I like... and THIS IS IT!!! I really enjoy the combos - they're different from other kickboxing workouts and really keep me moving. Josef's pointers for adding power to the moves are great! I did it for the first time this weekend and would consider it intermediate level in intensity. But once I learn it and can incorporate Josef's pointers, I expect the intensity will increase quite a bit. Oh, and the music is fabulous!

Shannon, I like this workout too. Tracey showed me how to do the spider thingies last year at the RT, but I still haven't mastered them.

OMG! This is like my very favorite KB w/o EVER! (BTW I skip strike 9--the spider thingies--I don't think I'll ever get them) My only complaint is it's too short, but that will supposedly be remedied w/SZ2. ;)

Cool! I didn't know she was doing SZ2! I like SZ too. I get a crazy high calorie burn yet I don't feel like I'm going to puke in a bucket with the intensity, either. Josef has great pointers, I agree. Hmm, might have to pull this one out this week.

OMG! This is like my very favorite KB w/o EVER! (BTW I skip strike 9--the spider thingies--I don't think I'll ever get them) My only complaint is it's too short, but that will supposedly be remedied w/SZ2. ;)

SZ was awesome. I like it a lot, but if SZ2's quality is anything like the steady step.... I am going to have to pass: one of the worst filming and editing job ever done.

Penny

See now this doesn't bother me at all. I really couldn't care less about production quality. All I care about is a butt-kicking workout. Crap, she could film it in a parking garage at twilight w/the entire crew wearing something different, no makeup & a single camera angle & I'd still love it as long as it put a hurtin on me. ;)

:p. It's not the type of quality I am talking about... no make up and all that. I should have been more specific. The steady state step and another one (forgot the title) made me dizzy because there was this trailing effect every time Tracey moves. I tried working out with steady state step several times to see if I would get used to it... :(

If that workout was filmed, like you had said in a garage or whatever without the trailing effect, I would be ok with it.

Laura - I think I'll skip the spider thingies to keep the cardio factor going, but then tack them on as the last Strike. I thought they were cool!

I rec'd this in a trade. My initial impression was not a great one, but I want to try it a few more times before I attempt to trade it away. I know people who love it and hate it. There seems to be few in the middle's with this one. I think b/c of the people who rave about it I should love it, but I have a hard time clicking with Tracey anymore.

One thing I don't like is the pauses between each strike. I wish they flowed together so I wasn't coming to a complete stop.

I may have to give it another shot b/c of this thread though!

I rec'd this in a trade. My initial impression was not a great one, but I want to try it a few more times before I attempt to trade it away. I know people who love it and hate it. There seems to be few in the middle's with this one. I think b/c of the people who rave about it I should love it, but I have a hard time clicking with Tracey anymore.

One thing I don't like is the pauses between each strike. I wish they flowed together so I wasn't coming to a complete stop.

I may have to give it another shot b/c of this thread though!

I have read suggestions that people remedy the pauses by jumping rope (simulating), jogging in place, doing jumping jacks, etc. during the breaks to keep the intensity up. I usually march in place, towel off, grab a drink, etc.

Carrie

I also received this one in a trade, only I totally forgot about it until this thread. It sounds like I should give it a try and soon.

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.