Longer, more intense workouts anyone?

Shantabulous

Cathlete
Am I the only one that would love to see a few new workouts geared towards advanced exercisers that are 75-90 mins in length or 60 minutes of ultra intense cardio? I try to work out at least 75 minutes a day, which usually means doing 2 different workouts, which I don't necessarily mind, but it would be nice to not have to stop and switch out the dvd :) I do enjoy HIGH intensity low impact like so many of you do, but I also love to push myself to my max with even higher intensity, higher impact, higher reps, etc training. That would be my request.

To confuse my body even more, I would like this very much.

It wouldn't hurt to have a few more of these workouts in my possession.

Janie

I don't think your the oly one wanting more intense workouts, I just think alot of people are experiencing various knee and joint problems that many would like low impact but high intensity ones.

I wouldn't mind throwing a few high octane workouts in there like Janie said to shock the body.

It's funny that this post right now is just above a post titled "Shorter Workouts." I guess there are a lot of different opinions :) But I would like longer cardio workouts. Like an hour long HIIT or something that blends maybe 30 means of steady step followed by 30 mins of HIIT type stuff. I alwasy do Low Impact Circuit cardio portion or Rhythmic Step for 30 minutes before I do STS Cardio HIIT so it would be nice not to have switch the DVDs.

OOOOH! I would! I reaaaly reaaaallly would! I love the intensity... but i'd rather not have to do two dvds every night :) I like my workouts to be a good 90 minutes, so I'm all for longer more intense workouts! (i might regret saying that! he hee)
:D

It's funny that this post right now is just above a post titled "Shorter Workouts."

Ha ha...yes, I noticed that when I posted in favor of the shorter workouts. But I think there's an easy fix that would suit both groups: film a longer workout but make various shorter premixes available.

Ha ha...yes, I noticed that when I posted in favor of the shorter workouts. But I think there's an easy fix that would suit both groups: film a longer workout but make various shorter premixes available.

As the reigning queen of "premix" , 112toGuru abides!

go ahead, giggle, you know you want to.....:D

Linda

I'm with you. I like longer more intense workouts. I can't wait to see what intensity is like. Recently I have been doing Shaun T's intensity workouts-I'm on month 2 and those are like 40 minutes to an hour, then I do Cathe's STS weights. This is where the workout blender will come in handy to mix my favorite segments of Cathe's Hiit's and the Imaxes. Can't wait for the workout blender!!!!

YES to Longer Workouts!

I would LOVE it if you, Cathe, made longer step aerobics workouts. I like the cardio workouts to be a hard 60 minutes. The newer workouts like Athletic Step, Step Moves, etc are REALLY good, but too short. I exercise at home and at the gym, so when I do a short workout at home, I do longer at the gym. I much prefer working out to a Cathe step dvd though, much more fun. They no longer have step aerobics at the gym where I live so I'm depending on DVD's for step. I don't do other DVD's except Cathe DVD's so I would love more.

I know most people have time issues, but there is always a premix solution-have a timesaver premix where a combo or two is left out or something like that. You can't make a step dvd longer, only repeat part of the dvd or add on another step dvd. Body Max 2 is a good example. Body Max 2 is one of my favorites because the cardio is so good and the weights are good too. Body Max 2 also has tons of wonderful premixes.

Anyway, I would really love it if you could produce longer step aerobics dvd's sometime in the future. The higher intensity the better-by higher intensity I don't mean impact, I just mean more heart pounding. I actually prefer a medium impact since I'm a terrible jumper. I still can't get both of my feet to leave the ground at the same time very well. I'm terrible at straddle taps, fast feet shuffles, straddle jumps onto the steps, and things like that.

I agree, and would love a few dvds that have longer cardio routines. I'm thinking along the lines of Imax 3 or Low Max (ok, more Low Max b/c it's low impact! :p ) or perhaps something even longer. I think my absolute fav though is Body Max 2 b/c it's 90 min and packs it ALL in. So I wouldn't say no to longer workouts with circuits built in either. That would be awesomeness. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.