Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Cardio Step and Sweat cathe live #237
step cardio and warm up 25 minutes
weights 8,10,12,15#

Squats 15# dbs
Press 12# dbs 10 reps ( I switched to upright rows)
combined squat/curl/press10# dbs

sumo 15# db
snatches 8-10# db I used 8
sumo/snatch/jack (I still reverted to upright rows over snatches )

reverse lunge 12# dbs I used 15's
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10 reps
alternating curls with lunge and sweeper curls with lunge 10# dbs

push press 10# dbs
overhead triceps extension 12# dbs 8 reps
8# dbs squat to overhead and triceps extensions

deadlifts 15# dbs
hip hugger 15# dbs
combo deadlift/hip hugger 15# dbs

bear crawl position walk out plank
push up 2 ct and single
both walk out plank and push up

superman
reverse crunch

Belinda, nice work today with Cathe heavy weights boot camp. I hope that you are feeling better.

Doreen, thanks for the information on it being step.

Good morning,

CL 294 Touch Up Training: TB is done. Friday is the Cathe visual RT.

Diane - thank you! The weather isn't helping. Great job yesterday. I need to look that workout up.

Doreen - CL is one of my all time favorites too. Why did I waited so long?

Have a great day everyone.

Today was a rest day. I did school and went to ladies game day. It was fun getting out for a change.

Doreen, I really liked that Cathe Live I did yesterday. I have done the cardio portion before and made note that I really do like the step portion. The rest is not too bad either. Just a problem with with overhead work for me.

Belinda, nice work with the touch up Cathe Live workout. Are you feeling better?

Last edited:
This morning I did Morning Meltdown #27 & #29 which was a lower body and meltcon. I liked them stacked together like that - just skipped the cooldown of one and the warm up of the other. I do like Jerico's workouts and these were my favorites so far - but yes, miss my Cathe live and RAW!

Diane - Game day sounds fun! Even a lot of overhead work gets me too and I don't have the problems you do with your neck/shoulders. Sometimes I just take it out and do biceps or kickbacks instead of going overhead. I modify a lot if I just don't like something.

Belinda- you might need to take a couple rest days before the RT!!! Sounds like it will be a fun weekend and I can't wait to hear about it!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Today I did SBF D45 TB Barre + D 45 Arms. Deciding if I want to add another SBF workout today? Tomorrow I have 2 doc appointments. I am trying to knock out this weeks SBF workouts, Friday is the Cathe visual RT. DD and I got our goody bag yesterday. Haven't had time to see what's in it, lol.

Diane - hope you had fun with the ladies yesterday. Do you plan on having your family over on Thanksgiving? My kids will come. Yesterday a good friend of ours passed away of covid :( He deployed with my husband, we known him for years. I still can't believe he is gone. We are so sad about his passing :(

Doreen - I looked at the RT schedule, she isn't doing 6 workouts in one day as Cathe usually does. I think it's very doable. I hope I am right, lol. I do have to admit I love CL :) Thinking about signing up another month unless I start STS.

Friday and Saturday I will do the Cathe visual RT. I will try to check in the early morning or evening.

Happy Hump day, everyone.

Today I just had time for one workout. This morning school got started later and seemed to drag on and on. I did Cathe Live #293 Glutes and Thighs, 61 minutes, heart rate 101/153. I liked the Glutes and Thighs workout. I could probably raise some of the weights for it next time.
Cathe Live # 293 Glutes and Thighs 4/20 60 minutes
uses a high step with 3 risers, mat, and weights 10,12,15,20# 2 rounds of each exercise group of 3 moves
Rnd 1

forward and backward lunges some with pulses no weight
step with 3 risers drop squat done one time as a bonus 15#
6 inch high step elevated lunge 12# dbs 16 reps the 15 pulses all right then all left
side to side sumo 15# dumbbell 20 reps
repeat all but the drop squats

Rnd 2
high step 3 risers 12# drop squat curtsy
sumo squat 20# dbs
single leg reverse lunge12# dbs 4 singles and 4 single and pulses
repeat

Rnd 3
high step 1 riser push dips 10# dbs 1st set 12# dbs 2nd set
Deadlift 20# dbs 16 reps (could have gone heavier)
side warrior lunge no weight 16 reps right 16 reps left
repeat

Rnd 4
high step 3 risers and mat side lying leg lifts arm on step 64 reps right 64 reps left
single leg deadlift 10# dbs (could have gone heavier) 16 reps
lying with feet on step bridges one leg raised adjusting angles 64 reps then 64 reps on other leg
repeat

Doreen, nice work on the two Morning Meltdown workouts combined. I used to feel I needed to do exactly what the instructors do and heavier than them. I have learned over time that that is not a good idea.

Belinda, I had a family Thanksgiving gathering this past Sunday since my husband will be working. My youngest daughter and her children did not come though, but everyone else was here. I will go to my older daughter's out in the country on Thursday for awhile. That is so sad that a friend of yours and your husbands passed away because of covid. That is heart breaking. So far I do not know anyone that passed away due to covid. I know some who have had it though.

Good evening,

Today's RT schedule:

• Friday 3:00-4:30 pm EST Welcome and Virtual Shopping - DD and I shopped our heats out, lol. They had lots of things only for the RT'ers to buy. I bought 2 tank tops, sweater, hat, gym bag. We had a long break for Class 1 :(
  • Friday 5:00-6:00 pm EST Class 1 Cardio Kickboxing & Core - burned almost 500 cal. I was a sweaty mess. Loved the music. Cathe gave me a shout out :D she remembered me from Germany!! I flown in Germany to one of her RT's. Not sure you you all know, but Cathe's parents are from Germany. She speaks German. Cathe and I we talk in German. I hope I will have an opportunity to talk to Cathe tomorrow.
  • Friday 6:30-6:45 pm EST "Let's Make a Recovery Smoothie" with Cathe - I had all the ingredients, since it was so late DD and I decided not to do it. We watched Cathe do the smoothie :) DD and I had a glass of wine instead, lol.
  • Friday 6:45-7:45 pm EST Q&A Time with Cathe and Raffle Giveaways - we didn't win anything. It still was fun others won. The Q&A time with Cathe was interesting. I had my PC hooked up to my TV, I couldn't ask questions. Tomorrow I will use one of my older computers to sign in separate.
  • Friday 7:45 pm EST "Lobby" Party mingle amongst one another - by that time I was starving. It was almost 8:15 pm I still haven't eaten dinner. No lobby party for us.
DD and I had a lot of fun doing our 3rd RT together. There was a little problem at the beginning, we all were cut off the zoom. I don't like zoom. Zoom kicks you off and. you have to sign in again and again. That was a little frustrating. I am glad both my kids are here to help me out with zoom. I don't have the patient for that, lol. The audio wasn't like in a live class. The visual RT isn't the same as the actual live one. I am glad considering the situation we are all in, she has a virtual one.

Diane - thank you about my DH's friend. It's very sad! Very heartbreaking. I didn't know anyone that passed away from Covid either. It affect everyone. You got your TG out of the way. We ordered a turkey breast and will do all the side dishes ourselves (gluten free/vegan).

Good night. I have to get up early tomorrow,

Today I did Cathe Live #101 Step and Pump 59 actual me 62 minutes, heart rate 111/144, 4,053 steps.
I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Too many things causing anxiety and spent till 1 am doing a Whole Foods order and then it saying they had no delivery opening. I got up this morning and there was 3 delivery openings :D So at least I do not have to go to the store today. I forgot my Magnesium with Ashwhaganda before bed which might have helped a bit. So, I am still tired and irritable today.

Cathe Live #101 Step and Pump
cardio portion is the first 32 minutes which will be nice knowing if I want to just do the cardio they use step with 1 riser for the step and suggest you can use 2. I used 2 till she got to the drills and then removed one. She raises the risers later during weight work.
Raise to 2 risers after cardio

Lower Body
lunge kick 8 each/4 each/1 each multiple times 10# dumbbells
elevated lunges 10# dumbbells high reps 8/15pulses; 4/7 pulses twice; 2/3 pulses
crossback lunge 15# dumbbell
add risers for 3 each side drop squats 15# dumbbell

Upper Body

biceps curls 15# dumbbells 12 reps
goal post press I used 5's 16 reps
hammer curl press alternating I did hammer curls here with 12's

reverse flies 10# dumbbells 8 reps
front raise 15# dumbbell 8 reps
lateral raise 5# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat

close grip bench press I used 12# dumbbells and switched to triceps extensions second time
dips body weight
pullover I used 8 # dumbbells then swithced and did more triceps extensions the second time
repeat

push ups 5 with rope climbs 10 done multiple times

Belinda, that is great that your kids were there to help you out with zoom. When we did our family zoom, my granddaughter's husband took control of my computer and zoom to help me out as I was having problems getting it to work. He is in IT and works for a big pay company. He got my wifi scale set up right for me too. I was having problems with it and getting it to work with MFP and Fit Bit. It still has issues sometimes with the weather. Weird when it works because it gives a graph of weight and the weather along with the details for the day I am standing on it.

Good evening,

The RT just ended. They still have a lobby party going on. I didn't sleep well last night. We had a blast at the visual RT. I will tell you all about it tomorrow and will catch up on personals.

Good night.

Good morning,

Cathe Virtual Roadtrip was amazing. DD and I had blast. Last night at the a mock tail/cocktail party Cathe gave me another shout out. She ask me when I moved from Germany to the US. We talked about her mom and dad. I have a very, strong German accent like her mom :) I didn't like the beaks in-between classes. I thought it was too long. Yesterday my entire family went for a walk with the dogs. I loved all the 4 classes especially. The 3rd class Metabolic TB was fantastic. There was audio problems which was a little frustrating since I could hardly hear. The yoga mobility felt great after good afterwards. The flow was around 50 min. The music was amazing, she played real music. Cathe will have her new equipment line coming. She will come out with a workout with the fabric loops. As I mention before DD and I shopped our heart out. I figured I only can get it at the RT. Why not? I am really glad I did the virtual Roadtrip.

I will be back later. Today will be a rest day.

Belinda, I wish the instructors could always have real music. Kelly has a lot more real music on her Raw channel. Some though use the same stuff used on the dvds. But, she has quite a few with older music that are so much fun. Her son's music is in several. That is nice that you and your family got to go for a walk together. Enjoy all of the goodies you bought. So I guess they mail you what you purchased?

Good morning,

I did CL# 296 Touch Up Training: UB = 44 min. Had a great workout. Tomorrow I have an ENT appointment.

Diane ,I wished Cathe could play real music on her Live/dvd workouts. Wonder how Kelly gets away with it? I don't remember the music on her older dvd's. I have pretty much all of them.

I will be back later.

Today I did Live 223 Low Impact Blast Off Circuit 49 minutes (41 actual),164 calories, heart rate 106/149, 2,125 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Yoga Strength and Flexibility, 33 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 83/109, 79 steps.
Total time 82 minutes, 205 calories, 2204 steps.
Low Impact Blast Off Circuit 41 minutes
Cardio 17 minutes with warm up with final move using 5# dumbbells for squat kicks
Circuit
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs 8 reps
repeat

squat/ curl/ overhead extension 2x 8 times
lunge/crossback lunge 15# db 10 reps right and 10 reps left

upright row 12 # dbs 10 reps
9verhead triceps extensions 10# dbs 10 reps
repeat x then 3rd time 6 reps

front swings to goal post arms 8# dbs 10 reps

1 arm row 15 and 5# db held together 16 reps right and 16 reps left
rear delt fly 10# dbs 10 reps
lateral raise 5# dbs 12 reps
repeat

Static Lunges 15 reps right 15 reps left 15# dbs
deadlift 15# dbs 12 reps
repeat

no weights and use a mat
5 sit ups to 5 push ups 5 times ( I did only 2 sets of push ups and just did sit ups instead)

Belinda, Cathe had a lot of older music on her older workouts. I believe Step Jump and Pump was one and Step Blast, I max 2 was one also. I should pull those out. I always found them fun. I enjoyed the music so much I bought a lot of the songs from itunes.

Good morning,

CL # 298 Touch Up Training: LB is down.

Diane - fantastic job on your circuit workout. I have too look if I have done that one before? Cathe has so many I can't remember which one unless I mark them on my calendar. I do like the music in SJP/SB. I haven't done IMAX 2 in a long time. I also should pull that one out soon. I have never bought any music from Cathe's workouts. Glad you enjoy them so much.

Have a wonderful day.

So last year my husband bought a record player and has been searching for old LP records. Now my son has been digging through them and playing them in the evenings. He frequently comments on how different music is now vs what it used to be. I agree. We used to follow entire bands or singers because you would have to buy the entire record or tape or CD.

I think the kids are planning to decorate the house today for Christmas.

Today I did Cathe Live Love Me Some Kickboxing #272, 59 minutes, 322 calories, heart rate 131/156, 5,621 steps. I also did Perfect 30 Flow Mobility basics 33 minutes, 36 calories, 94 steps, 81/105 heart rate. Total time was 92 minutes, 355 calories, 5,715 step.s I have a doctor appointment for my yearly check and should probably be heading to bed.

Doreen, I wish I was decorating my house for Christmas instead of taking pictures off the wall. I have a whole big plastic tub of old records my husband and I had when we got married. Also a ton of singles. I had bought sleeves for all of the singles from Amazon cleaned them and put them in sleeves. They still play well despite they were in the attic for a long time in a box. Funny thing is my granddaughter got a record player a couple of years ago and bought it over when she stayed overnight and we ate snacks and listened to old records. I let her take some home. She may still have them. My youngest daughter had some of them for awhile and did not want the Paul McCartney. I think she did not know he was one of the Beatles. She kept all of the Beatles ones till she moved once and gave them back.We did have doubles of all of the Creedence Clearwater and gave some away. Lots that I listened to with my granddaughter and wondered why we kept it :) . There is a lot of them, but those are ones we have I think all of. Then there is Bread and Guess Who. I am probably really dating myself LOL.

Belinda, I think on I Max 2 that interval 9 is always so tough. If it wasn't for the upbeat song I would probably just want to stop. Who knows, maybe now it would seem easier. I have found that with some workouts that I always imagined how tough they were and would put off doing them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.