Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Oops- I've forgotten to post here this week. Sorry! Nothing much else to say than what I posted over in the Hardcore check in I guess.

I did not get to workout today. I got up and dressed for it, but things did not allow it. My husband went out for a doctor appointment and the garage door opener broke and the belt was on the floor. So he called around and got someone to install another since that one was really old. I got showered and dressed so he could go to bed and I would handle anything with the installer. Then there was school, so it just was not happening.

Belinda, nice work getting X Train Biceps and Triceps done. I will post the recipe. I use one from Pinterest with a few alterations. It is meant for an Instant pot, but I have done it on the stove top as well. My daughter and granddaughter love this soup.

Doreen, I noticed you have not checked in here for awhile. Nice workout today.

Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup 6 servings

Ingredients
Instructions
  • Melt butter or ghee in 'Saute' mode.
  • Add onions and saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
  • Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and cook mixture until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
  • Add curry powder, salt and pepper and stir till fragrant. **
  • Add chicken and stir to coat with spice mixture.
  • Stir in 1/4 cup of broth to deglaze. There should be no brown bits stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.
  • Stir in remaining broth and tomatoes.
  • Close Instant Pot and cook on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook' mode for 5 minutes.
  • Allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR). If you're pressed for time, after 10 to 15 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
  • Press Cancel and Open the Instant Pot.
  • Stir in spinach and coconut milk.
  • Cook soup in ‘Saute’ mode until spinach wilts and soup is heated through.
  • Stir in cilantro and serve soup in individual soup bowls over Instant Pot Rice or with crusty bread.
    I do not use bread or rice.

Good morning,

Went for a walk early this morning. Boy, it's cold outside. Than I did XTrain Tabatacise.

Diane - thank you so much :) Looks amazing. Can't wait to try.

That's it for me today. I will get my hair done tomorrow. Trying to figure out if I want to get up early tomorrow to get my workout in? or if I want to do it on Friday? I will figure it out. My legs are like jello.

Reactions: WD
Diane - that looks amazing - I'm going to have to try it. I got an instapot/air fryer for mother's day and am working on find recipies!

This morning was a rest day on the EPIC rotation so I did a youtube step video.

Belinda - have fun getting your hair done!

Good morning,

XTrain Legs and outdoor walk is done.

I don't have time for personals. I will catch up later tonight. I am getting my hair done today. Gotta run!

Yesterday I did Cathe live express your step, 44 minutes 180 calories, heart rate 111/141,3209 steps.
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw step and legs, 45 minutes, heart rate 125/159, 231 calories, 3,780 steps. I followed this with Raw Body Fit doing the warm up, 1 round of the 10 moves, and cool down stretch, 18 minutes, heart rate 125/161, 90 calories, 1,282 steps.
I used 2 lb sand weights and 15's for step and legs.
TOTAL was 63 minutes, 321 calories, 5,062 steps today. I have to run to the store since tomorrow I have landscapers that will be here.

Doreen, I use my insta pot and now the air fryer a lot. Nice work doing a step workout.

Belinda, enjoy y o ur day. It always feels good to come out with hair done.

Good morning,

Today is a rest day on the Cathe rotation. I walked this morning and getting ready to do some SBF Barre 10 is done.

BBL for persoanls.

I did get in a good workout today despite, changes in my day and having to mess with youtube and getting charged for a gaming subscription my grandson happened to purchase. I did some more cleaning, fixed my floppy kitchen sink handle. It just needed me to get an allen wrench and do it. Ordered the rest of what I need for Sunday from Whole Foods. Ordered Amy's refried beans and they were expensive since I ordered 4 cans. I just hope they do not have chunks of onions or something in them as some of the family including my husband will not eat them. Neither will I as I won't eat the beans. I read ingredients and they sound like traditional refried beans with healthier oil added to it. I was hoping my girls would let me know what they were bringing, but that often happens the day before the event and I don't have time to run to the store. Will make cookies tomorrow when my order comes. I did Coffey Fit Raw Shadow Boxing #1 and loved it. It was 42 minutes, 219 calories, heart rate 126/162 (which I am surprised at since I started out with my heart rate at 59) and 3,676 steps. This is not impact and just boxing with egg weights or dumbbells. Kelly uses 2# egg weights and slows it down a bit for form with the weights. She does do some ducks, side steps, and movement while boxing. No kicks. The music was good on this one as well. Since my neck and shoulders were not spasmed or anything from this(which I was worried about) I went ahead and did Walk Strong 3 Barre Sculpt 31 minutes, 59 calories, heart rate 86/128, using 2 and 5 # dumbbells and a non weighted ball, 648 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 278 calories. 4,324 steps.

Belinda, nice work on SBF Barre workout and getting your walk in.

Good morning,

All Out Low Impact HiiT is done. Tomorrow is my last workout for the September 2020 rotation.

Our heat is still broken, The repair man isn't coming until next week Tuesday. It gotten so cold last night, we need to pick up a heater. Can't take the cold. We have the pellet stove running, it's not heating up the main area. My basement is hot. We can't get ChuChu up the stairs where we have heat.

Diane - my DD told me the ordered pumping cans on Amazon, very expensive. Our grocery store has tons of pumpkin. I am her supplier, lol. I am sure your lunch turns out amazing.

BBL

Today I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party, 43 minutes 223 calories, heart rate 124/164, 4075 steps. I then did Cathe
Live Iron Legs, 43 minutes, 116 calories, heart rate 98/138, 1,146 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 339, 5,221 steps.

Cathe Live # 318 October 1, 2020 Iron Legs 42 minutes
6 inch high step, weights 10,12,15,20,25# dumbbells, loop band
warm up 5 minutes
no weight forward leaning lunge
loop angled tap back then side to side steps
Squats 20#dumbbells 16 reps 2nd set 25# 16 reps
elevated lunges 15# dumbbells 16 reps and 7 pulses
Deadlift 25# dumbbells 12 reps 3 and 1 count second set 8 reps
using step crossback lunges 12# dbs 12 reps and then 15 pulses repeat other leg
uneven pulse squat 12# dbs
front/back lunge 10# dbs 10 reps right then repeat on left
side to side squat pulses using loop band and 15# dumbbell 10 reps
calf pumps 3 sets 24 reps I used 15# dumbbells not sure what Cathe was using
close grip sumo squat 20# dumbbells 10 reps second set 25# dumbbells 10 reps
side to side pick up lunges 12# dumbbells 4 reps starting on right then 4 reps starting on left
reverse lunge to stiff legged deadlift 20# dumbbells right then second set left 10 reps
push dips with high step 12# dumbbells 12 reps right 2nd set is left
body weight mat hip dip/clam 20 reps right then 20 reps left (I think I got the count right)
Pizza press with band 40 reps each side
stretch

Belinda, I saw some pumpkin in Walmart Grocery Thursday. Not a lot, but some. Sprouts has a big holiday set up in the store with pumpkin and all kinds of holiday baking necessities. Funny how certain things just disappear in areas. I can't believe they are taking their time about coming and fixing your heat. I have someone I found once on the Nextdoor neighbor site that is great about coming out right away and answering calls quickly. I have had him come out and take care of servicing our air units. Funny his business is called mechanical service, but he does heating and air. He has done it for many large churches and businesses here. Same with out plumber that we use all of the time that is a retired fireman. Now, the landscaper is another story. My husband kept having to call him to see if he had come up with a price yet, then he set the date. Then he texted and said he had to leave and go out of town and will do it next week. That is not a have to get done project other than putting out sod and evergreens before a freeze.
I cannot sleep if it is too cold. I need lots of covers.

Hi everyone,

I finished Hard Strike a while ago. It was my last workout for the September rotation. Since the new workouts are shipping soon I will do whatever I want to do for that day. Not sure what I will do tomorrow? We shall see!

Diane - I like the looks of the iron legs. Great job! How is the music? I went to Costco today and found tons of pumpkins cans. I picked up 12 cans for DD and for myself. I don't think I have to worry about pumpkins cans for this year and next year, lol. I think a lot has changed because of covid. Parts for the heater taking longer as usually. Plus they don't have enough people from my understanding. The heater gets hopefully fixed on Tuesday. We bought portable heater today.

Good night.

Today was a ret day and family time.

Belinda, I don't remember the music in iron legs so it must not have clicked as being something that I really liked. At least it didn't make me take note that it was not good at all. I bet they are busy and short handed because of the virus and upcoming colder weather. I hope they get to it soon. It took 6 weeks for my daughter to get a washing machine delivered from Lowes after she went and paid for it. I had no problem though with Best Buy and had mine in 6 days. It is weird. It may be that I got mine quick because I did not want a high efficiency low water usage washing machine. I wanted it simple and enough water to get my clothes clean. I can put it on a lower water level if I want to. It makes such a difference. I don't know how many times I put clothes in my HE machine and some of the clothes never really got wet. I could see inside the glass lid that they were just being turned back and forth in what would amount to a large puddle. I am glad that machine is gone. Also, the new washer does not require or have a setting for cleaning the washer. The HE would get a low ring around the tub like dirt. It got mold up under the rim where the little bit of water splattered and nothing was there to rinse it off. Sorry, just my thought on the HE, which I have used for years and just tired of.
I am glad that you were able to get out and get a heater to keep you warm for now.

Good morning,

Lite Metabolic Blast is done.

Diane - I do like the live workouts with Cathe only. I think those workouts look amazing. I agree with you on the the virus and being busy. Not to mention they come from out of town. That is crazy you DD had to wait that long for a washing machine. I have one of those high tech washing machines too. I love mine. Not complaints. If the fridge/freezer is taking any longer I have to go and buy another one soon. With the holidays coming I can't make it with a small fridge, lol.

I have a Ortho appointment. I will check in later.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves, 44 minutes, 160 calories, heart rate 111/144, 2,231 steps, I always enjoy the music on this workout. I also did Raw Cardio Tone stopping at the toning, 20 minutes, 108 calories, heart rate 126/155,2108 steps, finishing with Lite, extended stretch 2, 14 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 88/99, 72 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 288 calories, 72 steps. Total time 78 minutes, calories burned 288, steps 4,411.

Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves #1 43:48 minutes, 8 and 15# dumbbells used Timed at 50 seconds per move
Warm up

boxing: jabs / curtsy touch down/ then both moves combined/fast jabs rest

repeat

Heavy (15#) deadlift flamingo

skaters then skaters two back two front

repeat

light weights (8#) hammer curl press/ front curl arnold press

boxing front punch/ elbow strikes/ upper cut
repeat

squats heavy (15#)

squat thrust side to side step

repeat

boxing right cross/ side bend/insole

heavy (15# db) cross row right

repeat boxing and cross row left

repeat
Floor

heavy ( 15# dbs) pullover/ fly/ lateral raise (8# dbs) repeat ( I used 12# dbs) alternating pullover/fly / and lateral raise alternating

light (8# dbs)skull crusher/ double deadbug (8#dbs)

skull crusher8# dbs/ crunch knee ins no weight

stretch

Belinda, that is what I kept wondering why my daughter didn't do with them not getting her washer to her. She did some laundry here and a lot t home in her bathtub, then she would put it in her dryer. For me it would make me crazy having to do that day after day. They kept giving her delivery dates and then changing it. Holiday season would be a bad time to do without the refrigerator freezer. I ordered my dryer from Amazon and the service was quick and efficient. They set up a delivery day and they came out and installed it.

Good morning,

MMA kickboxing is done.

My Ortho went well yesterday. I got new retainers. She thinks I will be done in 6 month. I believe it when I see it, lol. I am so glad when I am done with invisalign. Three years wearing invisalign.

Diane - I can go without a fridge/freezer. Not sure if I can go that long with out a washing machine. I have to order a new fridge/freezer soon. Not sure what we will do on TG? DD wants us to come to DC. We are the only ones that have the room for everyone and their dogs. Great job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did Cathe Live #287 Kickboxing, low impact hiit, and abs, 54 minutes, heart rate 115/153, 4,016 steps. I followed this with Cathe Live # 307 All Core on the Floor 26 minutes as I skipped the last couple of moves and went on to the stretch for time constraints(and I did not want to do more supermans) 41 calories, heart rate 90/120, 146 steps. Total time was 80 minutes calories burned 271, 4,162 steps.
I liked the Kickboxing workout, but sure though that my heart rate was higher than what is logged at. The floor core was good, and not too many crazy hard moves and no equipment. Some plank moves mixed in, but it didn't seem excessive. My shoulders were not not real happy with it though and neither was my low back and there was more than one segment targeting the low back area. Mine was already sore from Iron Legs from Saturday and the Kelly's yesterday. The school zooms are not working. Their teaching app where we go through to get to zoom seems to be down and possibly overloaded. We managed to get math in this morning, but nothing else is working.

Belinda, good job on MMA today. I am glad to hear that your ortho went well. I am taking my granddaughter to hers on Thursday for her trays. She made the appointment herself the last time we went. I sit in the car with her brother. I do not like trying to do laundry by hand. That is for sure. But, I have been lucky in not having to spend too long going without either. We replaced the washing machine before it quit recently as it sounded like chains rattling and I believe the ball bearings were going out. We did not want to be stuck without one.

Good morning,

Trisets Upper Body is done.

Who is signing up for Cathe RT? For the cost of the RT, I can get an entire year of CL :)

Diane - your granddaughter is wearing invialign right? If so, how does she like it? My ortho said I was only going to need Invisalign for a year. By the time I am done it will be 3 years, lol. I am not counting on 6 month, lol. We shall see! Sorry about the zoom. Hopefully they get it straightened out. I am sure zoom is overloaded with covid. Hopefully Cathe doesn't have any problems with the visual RT.

BBL

Belinda- where did you see the price for virtual RT? I can only do it if my husband is away hunting or he would never understand!! LOL

My daughter wanted invisalign but her ortho wouldn't let her - I guess she has a cross bite or something they need to fix that invisalign won't help with.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.