Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda- pretty basic bike - a Sunny that we ordered from amazon.

I did Sculpting RX WO1 this morning.

Then i tried out Extreme HipHop Step 1 with Phil. Woah! What he does isn't really that hard - its just done FAST!! So his basic patterns include step knees, three knee repeaters, LSteps, over and back, ham curls corner to corner, etc..... but it is faster than any other instructor I have ever done! His classes then add their own "extras" like spins and variations on the three knees, etc. It certainly is fun and would be a huge calorie burn/step count once you get it all down!

Then my son came down and wanted to go for a bike ride. (Its 26 degrees here). So we did 3 of the hills by our house. So hard to climb up and so much fun flying back down!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean weights/strong workout 1 + bonus extension 37 minutes, heart rate average 121 max 159, 897 steps met 4, 145 calories. I then did Strong and Lean workout 2 kickboxing/lean, 32 minutes, heart rate 144 average, 167 max, 200 calories, met 7.4, 3,199 steps. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga neck and shoulder flow, 19 minutes, heart rate 116 average, max 151, 62 calories, met 3.5. Total time was 88 minutes, 4,138 steps, 407 calories.
Strong weights this uses, a barbell me 25#, dumbbells 12# me, tubing I am not sure what Kelly is using as she has one plate on each end of the barbell.
Biceps
barbell curls 25#, hammer curls/alternating hammer curls 12# dbs, tubing standing reverse fly
Back
rows barbells 25#, plie position rows dbs 12# dbs, standing reverse fly tubing
Lower Body
squats 25# barbell, side to side lunge 12# dbs, side to side step tubing
Shoulders
overhead press/push press 25# barbell, alternating upright row 12# dbs, lateral raise front raise tubing
Triceps
barbell dips 25#, skull crusher 12# dbs, seated kickbacks tubing
Chest
bench press 25# barbell, single arm flys 12# dbs, seated fly/pec dec tubing
BONUS Extension
barbell bridges on step
knee pulls on step, lying on step get up with 1 db I used 10#
lying on step feet on the floor reverse crunch

Doreen, I have a hard time keeping track of what is included on some of Kelly's workouts. I have to look in my folder to check out the moves and type of workout they are.

Belinda, that is a lot of steps! Nice workout.

Happy New Year!!

I did CL #57 PHA and a walk today.

Doreen - that's how I felt about the hip hop steps. Don't give me wrong, I love dance workouts. That one was too fast for me too. I have to look into the bike/

Diane - I always get a nice step count with CC. Should pull them out more often.Nice workout yesterday.

BBL!

Good morning,

I am home again. I have an appointment for my knees.The other knee is swelling up too.I was in so much pain last night couldn't sleep. Not sure what is going on? I need to get it checked out.

I will be back later for personals.

Belinda- Sorry about your knees! Hope you can get in for an appointment soon.

Yesterday I did Body Box by Amy Bento. Her combos are tricky. And then today CL 214 Total Body Giant Sets 2.

My husband and I spend some time re-arranging my workout space. We moved the old sleeper couch out (no one wants to sleep on it anyway) and now just have some bean bag and papasan chairs to sit on to play video games or watch movies. I got a bar installed in one corner to hold my exercise balls up out of the way. We cleaned out a window sill and made a shelf for kettlebells to sit on. I'll have to take a picture - its looking way more organized now and even more floor space!!

Saw the doctor for my knees this morning. I can have zero pressure on my knees until the swelling goes down . I only can use 2# for upper body, LOL! No yoga/no twisting. I can only do light 10 min walking 3 times a day until the swelling goes down. She pretty much wants me to sit on my butt all day long. Not happening! I still can do heavier weights sitting. She also changed my arthritis med. I can't take the arthritis meds it upset my stomach. I am taking a gel and apply it on my knees.

I did an easy outside walk this afternoon. Walking doesn't hurt my knees. I will plan my workouts for this week. Should be interesting what I came up with, lol.

Doreen - Amy's combos are more advanced/tricky than Cathe, IMO! All her workouts are like that. Once you learn the combos it's a lot of fun. Haven't done any of her workouts in long time, they also high impact. Of course, we want to see pictures off your new space.

Diane - great job on your weight workout yesterday. I sure, getting my steps in daily.

BBL!

Belinda - You can get creative.... I once did an entire workout lying down... just because my son said I couldn't do it.... But we did - used bands and dumbells and were seated or lying down the entire time!

This morning I did #277 Jingle all the way. Its 10 minutes of floor cardio - lots of jacks in this one (which I did low impact jacks) then 10 minutes of Legs (lunges, deadlifts, pulsing lunges, crossback lunges, outer thigh raises) then 10 minutes of upper body (OH presses, biceps, triceps, pushups, chest press) then 10 minutes of core. But my video froze at the pushups. The audio was still going so I followed along for a while until she got to core and I could no longer decipher what they were doing so I quit.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

I walked a total of 30 min plus did Barlates Old School Arms (biceps/shoulder + triceps), she used 3'5 and 8's. She did them all standing, I did all the exercise sitting. I bought the downloads a long time ago, finally pulled it out. Very fun upper body workout. Linda did 2 rounds. The first set was single, single, than double. The 2nd set was both arms everything was done high reps. I have no idea how many reps she did? I lost count. I always like Linda's workouts, she puts her own spin on traditional weight workouts.

Doreen - never thought lying down. Great idea. I can do my upper body sitting in a chair or bench. Sorry about the audio not working. Must be frustrating.

Diane - where are you?

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Stress test this morning. I have Grandchildren here today as my daughter had to go to work. The 12 year old had to watch the 5 year old while I did my stress test. I doubt I know the results of the stress test till I go back the 17th for the carotid test and the doctor to go over results. Too many appointments!! I go to the pulmonary doctor about the lung nodule next week along with the arthritis doctor. I hope to get a workout in tomorrow with some weight work. I did get some steps from the treadmill and the stress test. Sort of weird having them inject stuff into an iv while I am walking and taking my blood pressure. I have never had a stress test before.

Doreen, I always try to keep working when the streaming freezes just in case it unfreezes itself. It is a bit irritating though. Nice idea trying to do a workout lying down.

Belinda, nice workout for keeping off of your feet.

Hi Debbie and Kirstin,

DH and I walked outside this morning. I also did Barlates Old School Chest and back. I did all the exercises sitting on my bench, took out single leg w/a deadlifts. Just did deadlifts sitting, worked out great. I really like Linda's Old School series.

Diane - hope all your test come back normal. The waiting to get the results are the worst. I am sorry you have to go through all this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Doreen - wonder what is going on with Cathe's Live? A lot of people reporting problems. Must be frustrating. Glad I didn't sign up, will wait until they straighten this out.

I am going to DC today, we have our company holiday party today. Have a good one.

I went for a bike ride today. I tried to upload pictures but it's telling me they are too large. I'll have to try from my computer

Good morning,

This morning I did BARLATES Drop Set Chest = 42 min. That was tough! Linda used 17's and 15's, I had to drop the weight to 10's and 8's. She did 4 different chest press exercises heavy weight w/ different pattern, reps/ high reps. Round 1 heavy weight, 2nd round lighter weight. Than she did 4 chest flys with different pattern/count. Round 1 was heavier weight, round 2lighter weights. My chest was burning with the 10's I did those sitting, worked out fine. The rest of the chest exercises she did on a step, I used my weight bench. This week I will continue with Linda's Drop Sets, upper body only.

Doreen - you have to select the smallest size to upload pictures on here. Can't wait to see your workout space.

Diane - I never hear of them giving you an iv with doing a stress test either. Did you ask? Hope all your test come back normal. Good job on all your workouts.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Should I be on this thread as well? I didn't know that you all checked in each day, I was going to use it for if I came across something new and exciting! I will post my workouts on the other thread like usual but put my thoughts about my workouts on this thread. I did CL All in Upper Body again but changed it up a bit. I did it using NO bands and heavier weights and liked it a lot more. Bands stress out my shoulders and neck it seems. You all should try this workout, you will like it!

Good morning,

BARLATES Drop Set Back is done. Had a great workout.

Jolie - we would love you to check in here too. Good for you for making your workouts work for you. Great job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Hi Jolie - It does get a bit confusing with all different checkins. This was supposed to keep us from buying more workout dvds!! I think we've accomplished this a bit!!

I saw an ad yesterday for a workout app with Chris Helmsworth - be still my heart!! But it looks like he's the figure head and has other trainers doing the workouts. It may be worth a free trial someday!!

I signed up for RAW again! Yes - I know I still have Cathe Live but Kelly's latest workouts have looked so good I just have to try them!!

This morning I did RAW Box and Pump 3 and I loved it!! I like how it starts with weight work for the legs and ends with band work for the legs. And the pace is perfect to go heavier if I want. Definately a winner! The music was good too.

There is nothing confusing with different checkins, IMO! Lots of people check in multiples different check ins. This check in reminds me daily not to buy anymore workout dvd's or signing up to all the different streaming sites. I use what I already have.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am not here as much. Hoping I start finding more time to get on here. I have another appointment tomorrow, this one for arthritis doc and yearly stuff.

Belinda, I have 3 check ins here and two on facebook that I keep up with. Not a problem unless I am really busy.

Doreen, I just have not been able to make myself get rid of Coffeyfit Raw. There are so many different choices of workouts. Funny when I was doing here Strong and Lean workout I really missed her personality and style in the Raw one she did. Box and Pump 3 is a lot of fun.

Diane - good luck with your appointments. Check in when you can I know you are very busy with all your doctors appointments and grandchildren. Funny, I also check in 3 check ins here and I also check in on FB.

Good morning,

BARLATES Drop Sets Biceps is done.

Diane - hope all goes well at the doctor today.

I will be back and catch up on personals.

RAW Ripped and Ride October this morning followed by one round of Heather Robertson's new program on youtube. Loved R&R October - I think next time I will plan on rewinding and repeating the first several rounds of bike and weights to make it more of a 45-50 minute workout.

Heather Robertson's new program starts off with all bodyweight exercises. She says the program is supposed to build through the 12 weeks. Today's circuit was 30 seconds work:
Laydown reach to pushup
Inchworm walkouts
Superman
shadow boxing
elbow plank hold
elbow plank jacks.

I tried to change the resolution on my camera on my phone but it still says the image file is too large!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.