Light protein sources

NRGWoman

Cathlete
I was reading the thread of favorite fitness finds of 2007 and decided to pick up the Diet Minder. I am stunned by the breakdown of calories I have been eating. If you would have asked me I would have said that I am eating about 30% of my calories from protein, but I am actually eating between 10-15% calories from protein. So I am looking for ideas for lowfat protein sources. I really struggle with snack ideas so if you have any of those that would be great. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,

Shayne

How about some low-fat cottage cheese? Or mix 2 egg whites with one whole egg for scrambled eggs.

Sonja

When I started to up my protein last year, this is what I added to my diet:

egg whites and hard boiled eggs

Instone High Protein Pudding - 100 calories, 20 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat (no saturated or trans) 3 grams of carbs, no sugar.

Isopure Liquid Protein Drink - 160 calories, 40 grams of protein, no fat, carbs or sugar.

Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame - 130 calories, 4 grams fat, .5 saturated fat, no cholesterol, 10 grams of carbs, 14 grams of protein. Serving size is 1/4 cup.

I also started to eat more chicken and salmon. I buy the salmon in ready-to-eat pouches and have them for lunch. I usually will put it on a whole-wheat pita sprinkled with cheese and put in the oven until the cheese melts.

HTH

Hi Deanie,

I initially bought a 4-pack at GNC to try it. I now order it through bodybuilding.com and buy it by the case. I have tried both the chocolate and vanilla. I like the chocolate the best. The vanilla is good but has a different texture than the chocolate.

10-15% is what the American Dietetic Association recommends.

If you want to add more, put beans and lentils in soups and salads. Use quinoa (a high-protein pseudo grain) in place of other grains.

I love the fat free tuna kits w/ whole wheat crackers. Also cottage cheese & fruit. Egg whites are always a biggie for me. If I do a bar, I really like Pure Protein for it's break down.

Debbie

Google THIS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.