LET'S GET INSANE SATURDAY 8/22

serene_46

Cathlete
Good morning Insanitinas!!!
I just completed Max Interval Circuit and all I can say is WHEWWWWWWWW!!!
I am looking forward to improving in this workout. My whole body was trembling by the last circuit. I could barely get half of the full body drills done the secound round of the last circuit ( Down in plank/ run it out 8/ 4 moving pushups/ rum wide 8/ jump up/ repeat) but I caught my very last wind and came on strong at the end, falling into a sweaty heap on the floor.
I can't imagine not losing weight doing these workouts, even if one doesn't follow the diet plan. I am looking forward to getting the last few pounds off and really tightening everything up in this second month. This workout is tough, INSANELY SO!!

By the way, there is another "uneven" exercise in this DVD. The High Low Jabs with squats in Round 2 are done only one side, so I alternated the first 2 rounds then did half/half the last round. You would think with all the money BB spends marketing these things the quality checks on the discs would cath these things. I don't mind a blib here and there, but I like to keep sides equal and I have found three errors in unequal stretching or exercises in this series.

Happy Saturday everyone
Brenda

Good Morning Y'All!!!

CCB & UB weights done. I really worked both these workouts good this week, now I'm getting psyched for Month 2 :eek:

Brenda - Thanks for the heads up on MIC. I plan to preview the Month 2 workouts this weekend to get an idea of what we're getting into :) Like Sandra, DH noticed the uneven stretch in PCC and I didn't even notice until he & Sandra mentioned it - now I just plan ahead and modify like you did in MIC.

Hope everyone is doing great on this wonderful Saturday :cool:

Good Morning,
I finished my very last workout for Month 1. (pre RW depending if you count RW as part of Month 1). It did better on the in and outs today. Not great, just better, and I DID notice the lopsided stretch since I was looking for it.

I'm really looking forward to RW. I finally previewed CCB and it looks like a nice little workout (except those burners look brutal). I'll probably try to do 3 times instead of just 2.

This afternoon I'll be golfing 18 holes. I haven't golfed for over a year, so we'll see if I make it through all 18 holes of swinging the golf club. Especially since I typically do about 10 or 12 on a 5 par hole. I'm a sucky golfer, but I enjoy it anyway. I would normally start with 9 holes, but I won 18 holes for two at a raffle.

Oh and someone, Sandra I think, asked about what kind of HRM I have. It's a Cardio Sport. I don't know what model it would be, but I've had it for over ten years.

Jennifer, Enjoy M2! I'm getting excited for them too, but not as excited as I am for RW. :D

Brenda, Okay now that I read your post I'm nervous for M2 workouts again. :p

Everyone have a terrific weekend. I'll try and pop back in tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance or not.

Good Saturday Ya'll!!

This isn't an Insanity day for me. Today I taught a really fun aqua class, followed by a REALLY fun cycle class. What a great way to spend a morning :). In 3 weeks I'll be moving my cycle teaching to Thursday nights, from Saturday mornings. I've been teaching Sat am for a year now. I'm going to miss that group. Someone at the ymca today told me that I have great legs. I'm pleased as punch to hear that; I love Cathe's legs, and would love to get that kind of quad definition.

Brenda - I am SO impressed to see that your numbers increased again, in your 3rd Fit Test!!!! That's FABULOUS!!! You give me hope. Wow. Your review of MIC has me shaking in my boots. The plank stuff is what I find the hardest of all; I did not want to see an even harder version! Oooh, stretching unevenly is one thing, but to not work one side in an exercise is darn annoying. I don't like that the Fit Test does the power knees only on one side, but I understand that it's just a test; not a workout. Thanks for the heads up. I'll use your method when I come to that point. And I agree with you: how can BB editing miss these mistakes?

Jennifer - Ooooh I can relate to the small town thing. My FIL taught my Mother grade 12 geography. He was also the vice principle of the high school that many of my aunts & uncles went to (I have a LOT of aunts & uncles). I miss living in a small community like that. Ahhh, thanks for the wonderful compliment yesterday! :eek: When I hear how you guys are doing, and how you're sticking to this rotation, no matter what else comes up, you inspire me to stick with it, too. I can't imagine where I'd be today without all the support I get from these boards.

Dawn - So, your BB relations are improving, are they? What a funny way to run a company, hey? Spend a gazillion dollars making people want to buy your product, then when they order, make sure it's a complicated, annoying experience. You smoosh your girls down?! LMAO! I can't even imagine. My girls are nothing to sing about. I need all the help I can get!! If your theory is correct, then I must look like a genius!! Have a great afternoon on the course! I'm sure you're going to be tempted to put in a few suicides or plank runs while waiting your turn to swing, but you must resist: you're on your recovery week!! Woohooooo!

Have a great day!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.