Les mills pump

healing11

Cathlete
I am considering putting together a Cathe rotation for the summer similar to a les mills pump rotation. Which Cathe dvds Are similar to les mills pump?

I don't think none of Cathe dvd's are similar to Les Mill Pump, IMO :) They both different :) Maybe you can do Cathe high reps (any dvd) in place of pump? I still haven't open my Pump set :( In Pump you only use a BB while Cathe uses a lot of equipments? I am really interested in hearing what others have to say? LOL!

I purchased one of the Les Mills pump DVD's ( Ebay) and ended up selling it after doing it a couple of times. I thought it was repetitive and pretty boring. Sorry...

I have to agree w/ Fox2star. I friend of mine gave me her Les Mills kit to use and give her my opinion of it. I found it boring, repetitive, sometimes frantic, not very imaginative or effective. I love kickboxing workouts and this one just didn't do it for me. Maybe I'm snobbish, maybe others like it or love it. It simply wasn't for me.

Sounds like I'm not missing anything with les mills pump. I wantec to order from beachbody but they are sold out. I'll check out power hour and any other suggestions you have. I'm thinking of a muscle endurance/ hi rep rotation.

Sounds like I'm not missing anything with les mills pump. I wantec to order from beachbody but they are sold out. I'll check out power hour and any other suggestions you have. I'm thinking of a muscle endurance/ hi rep rotation.

Les Mill Pump sold out in minutes :) I think they only had a few sets :). Les Mill contract with BB ended :) If you look at the BB site they hardly have anything left.BTW, I am glad I got my set! Now I have to find time to do it. BTW, if you still interested in Les Mill you will find them on ebay.

TLC93 said it all, " boring, repetitive, sometimes frantic, not very imaginative or effective"

I got mine on Ebay, and sold it on Ebay! It wasn't Kickboxing, it was a weight workout that used only a bar. The infomercials looked like so much fun. Not.

I second Power Hour and Hi reps. I would also include Muscle Endurance and some of the newer metabolic workouts even though the rep count is still too low. I gained the most strength benefit by following few weeks of high rep work with STS. You can never be too aerobically prepared for STS. By the way, I saw the fastest reduction in subcutaneous fat when I did high rep work.

The key to getting the most out of high rep is to use the highest weight you can while completing all the reps with good form. You want to repeat the workouts until you are able to increase the weights safely. You can switch to something like STS to go through cycles of anaerobic endurance, hyperthophy, and strength. Then go back to hi rep and keep on repeating the cycles.

I rented 2 of the Les Mills Pump from Kineticflix. The most advanced workout was barely intermediate which is really hard to do with high rep workouts. The set, the production, the instructors, just about all of it was uninspired. I so want Cathe to do a high rep set. Maybe if few more of us requested it, she might consider it (hint, hint).

The only other available high rep workouts that I know of are Jari Love's (particularly the early ones) and the Power Systems Rip workouts.

Had my time of body pump before discovering cathe.
Love both power hour and high reps. Although both were designed on the same format, I love the twist
brought into the program by adding the band. One arm row and biceps curl with the band feel
great.:):);)

Thanks for all the replies. I thought of purchasing from Ebay but I had a bad experience trying to buy Insanity that way. Met the seller at library tried the DVDs in my laptop and they didn't work. A lot of copies seem to be sold on Ebay. It was really a weird experience so I purchased Insanity through Beachbody. Anyway, I guess I just missed out on Les Mills, but based on the responses I think I'll just make a list of all of Cathe's hi reps/muscle endurance and take it from there. This is the list I have so far. Let me know if there are any others.

Power Hour
Hi Reps
Muscle Endurance
Flex Train
STS Mesocycle 1 ?????

I have to order Power Hour and Hi Reps. Hopefully they will be on sale soon.

Thanks for all the replies. I thought of purchasing from Ebay but I had a bad experience trying to buy Insanity that way. Met the seller at library tried the DVDs in my laptop and they didn't work. A lot of copies seem to be sold on Ebay. It was really a weird experience so I purchased Insanity through Beachbody. Anyway, I guess I just missed out on Les Mills, but based on the responses I think I'll just make a list of all of Cathe's hi reps/muscle endurance and take it from there. This is the list I have so far. Let me know if there are any others.

Power Hour
Hi Reps
Muscle Endurance
Flex Train
STS Mesocycle 1 ?????

I ordered all my BB sets through Mary/Beachbody. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to send entire sets back because the disc didn't play :( I love BB workouts, they been known for their disc not playing in some players. I always have problems with their disc not playing. They always sent me the onces not playing. I never ordered through ebay, but know a lot off people had great success and are very happy with their BB dvd's. I guess, on ebay you have to do your homework!

I think, all the Cathe dvd's you picked would work :) even M1 :) They are all high reps workouts. Good luck :)

STS Mesocycle 1 ?????

I suggest that you do Meso 1 after you are done with your hi rep rotation. Meso 1 is designed to increase anaerobic endurance . Hi rep is designed to increase aerobic (mitochondria) endurance. You can't develop both well at the same time. The default is aerobic. You can add the 100 rep segments that Cathe added to one of the later sets (don't remember which off the top of my head). They make a really nice addition to hi rep workouts.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I like the idea of incorporating 100 rep segments. Never really knew how to incorporate them into my workouts. I'm excited about this rotation.

I'd add Maximum Intensity Strength to the list, even though it's a bit redundant to mention since it's on the same compilation disc as Power Hour. Just wanted to point it out so you know you get 2 workouts similar to Pump on that one DVD. :)

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.