Legs and Glutes Workout - BORED

RubySue78

Hi All - I am bored with my current leg and glute routine (its been 6 weeks time for change again).
Ive done all of Cathe's leg and glute routines, including the Rock Bottom routine.
I have done the P90X workout, Spartan, including writing my own lower body routines.
I have added progressive overload to my weights when I can (I have Lymes disease so I use Blood Flow Restriction Bands)
Any suggestions on a good lower body workout for the advanced home gym?

Have you done STS? Meso 3 in particular I have found very effective for the lower body. And with every disk a little different and the plyo and weight rack options it is a real boredom buster!

Have a look at Edge Booty Extreme 2 on Total Fitness DVD or Amazon. (It's cheaper at Total Fitness). Read the reviews and view the video clip of the workouts - Ingrid's style may or may not be for you, but this program is no joke. The program does include upper body workouts, that are OK - the real star of this program (as implied by the name) are the lower body workouts.

Have a look at Edge Booty Extreme 2 on Total Fitness DVD or Amazon. (It's cheaper at Total Fitness). Read the reviews and view the video clip of the workouts - Ingrid's style may or may not be for you, but this program is no joke. The program does include upper body workouts, that are OK - the real star of this program (as implied by the name) are the lower body workouts.
Thank you! These do look like killer workouts! I also follow 2Lazy4gym blog for reviews of workouts - she says it is brutal. She is a dedicated Cathe Fan....

You're welcome! I do have 2 complaints about it though - I think the price is pretty high for what you get (it used to be $85 or so, but I see it is now $59 at Total Fitness) and AFAIK, you can't get it without the fitness bands ("firewalker" loops) that most people already have. If you can wait, I have also seen it as a Daily Deal on Total Fitness every now and then, or of course, wait for a general 25% off sale there.

Also, there is no cooldown/stretch for any of the workouts. You have to tack-on a cooldown/stretch of your own at the end - a minor hassle, but still a hassle.

I second edge booty 2 extreme. If you use your own weight load as opposed to what they use in the DVDs it's killer. You can email Mary at totalfitness and ask when it will be on sale again. I've done that and often it shows up before I know it as a daily deal.

I am currently in my last week of Glute-Focused STS rotation (based off of 2Lazy's) and am sad it is almost over!

I also would recommend Edge Booty 2. Not because it is fun, necessarily, but because it is different and I seem to get a pretty good workout from it. (Agree with above - get it on a Daily Deal...email Mary and she may add it to an upcoming Daily Deal for you.)

I also enjoy Beach Body's Body Beast program (equivalent yet different to STS in my opinion for bulking up). (I supplement Body Beast with Beach Body's Master Hammer & Chisel...not because it is needed, just for variety and I never get bored when I incorporate it.)

I recently came across a YouTube Channel with Shelley Darlington (?) and she has quickie videos of how to grow your glutes and SPECIFIC workouts to add. I have only done them for the past week and need to type them up rather than use the quick post-its I created while watching her video. This adds variety to my current glute-focused workouts, but you have to have discipline to do them on your own, rather than watch a video (a problem of mine)! Depending on how many cycles you do, I am guessing this can take anywhere from 20 min to...infinite.

You're welcome! I do have 2 complaints about it though - I think the price is pretty high for what you get (it used to be $85 or so, but I see it is now $59 at Total Fitness) and AFAIK, you can't get it without the fitness bands ("firewalker" loops) that most people already have. If you can wait, I have also seen it as a Daily Deal on Total Fitness every now and then, or of course, wait for a general 25% off sale there.

Also, there is no cooldown/stretch for any of the workouts. You have to tack-on a cooldown/stretch of your own at the end - a minor hassle, but still a hassle.
I have several firewalker loops - so I am set there. I found the program on Ebay for $54. I ordered it today. I am excited for something new. Thank you again

I am currently in my last week of Glute-Focused STS rotation (based off of 2Lazy's) and am sad it is almost over!

I also would recommend Edge Booty 2. Not because it is fun, necessarily, but because it is different and I seem to get a pretty good workout from it. (Agree with above - get it on a Daily Deal...email Mary and she may add it to an upcoming Daily Deal for you.)

I also enjoy Beach Body's Body Beast program (equivalent yet different to STS in my opinion for bulking up). (I supplement Body Beast with Beach Body's Master Hammer & Chisel...not because it is needed, just for variety and I never get bored when I incorporate it.)

I recently came across a YouTube Channel with Shelley Darlington (?) and she has quickie videos of how to grow your glutes and SPECIFIC workouts to add. I have only done them for the past week and need to type them up rather than use the quick post-its I created while watching her video. This adds variety to my current glute-focused workouts, but you have to have discipline to do them on your own, rather than watch a video (a problem of mine)! Depending on how many cycles you do, I am guessing this can take anywhere from 20 min to...infinite.
I too recently came across Shelley Darlingtons youtube videos. She does have some good advice. I like the structure of a video keeps me focused, although I dont mind doing my own workouts but just get bored. Adult ADD....
Thank you for all the feedback very much appreciated!

Check out Brett Contreras, he's on Instagram, possibly You Tube. He's known as the glute guy, with the reputation of whipping a lot of booty into shape. He may not have a whole program posted, but you could use some of his exercises. The "hip thrust," being a favorite of mine. I bought his book a few years ago, and I am always using parts of his written programs in my glute and lower body routines.

Check out Brett Contreras, he's on Instagram, possibly You Tube. He's known as the glute guy, with the reputation of whipping a lot of booty into shape. He may not have a whole program posted, but you could use some of his exercises. The "hip thrust," being a favorite of mine. I bought his book a few years ago, and I am always using parts of his written programs in my glute and lower body routines.
I have the book he co-wrote "Strong Curves". I've done the workouts at least 3 times through.

I received the Edge Booty 2 DVD workout series. I previewed them, the 1st DVD (starter DVD) looks really easy. I was wondering if I should just increase weight for the program or jump to the 2nd DVD?

Tonique, Sylwia slays me. Must revisit those. So glad I never jumped on the EBE train.
I did the EBE2 leg and upper body workout this morning. It took me 80 minutes to complete and totally kicked my tail. Very impressed. I burned 700 calories doing the workout. I like it..

I did the EBE2 leg and upper body workout this morning. It took me 80 minutes to complete and totally kicked my tail. Very impressed. I burned 700 calories doing the workout. I like it..
Workouts like that scare me this days, and I'm okay with that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.