Lean on Me-The cereal

Kathy02

Cathlete
Ok, has anyone tried this? I bought some yesterday because it sounded good and has 10 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber and 3 grams of fat. And only 170 calories. It was in my natural food section of the grocery store. Very yummy, more yummy, I think, than Kashi go lean crunch. IMHO. It has banana flakes, and almond slices and it's just plain out good. If you haven't tried it and are looking for a quick breakfast in the morning I would suggest it.

Kathy

Sounds pretty good, Kathy! I may give it a try although I worry about the high fiber. I used to have Kashi Go Lean Crunch all the time in the morning and it did a number on my stomach every time. I had to stop eating it before going to work.:eek: Maybe I'll give it a try on the weekend! :)

Kathy,
Who makes it? I'd love to try it if I can find it. Need an alternative to my Kashi.

thanks
Catherine

I am BIG on high fiber cereals because the higher the fiber, the more you can eat at a serving.... If I have a good workout early in the morning, I love to have a HUGE bowl of cereal afterwards because I don't feel that I have to "watch my portion"!!!! I am a cereal queen and so I always have like at least 5 boxes of cereal to choose from! I love brands from Barbara's Bakery and Back to Nature. Three of my favorite high-fiber's are (and by the way they are over 10 grams of fiber per serving):

Back to Nature's: multi-bran banana flavor
Kellog's: All Bran (fill up a bowl, add some splenda and indulge)!
and a cereal called "Fiber One" and now they make a Fiber one with honey clusters and it has over 14 grams of fiber per serving!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.