Lean Body Gold bars

MRSchultz

Cathlete
I just bought two Lean Body Gold bars; one was caramel cookie twist and one was caramel peanut.

Anybody have these before? What do you think of them? Do you use them for a meal replacement?

Marcia.;-)

I haven't had them but would like to know what you think of them once you do eat them.

My favorites are Detour bars & Snickers Low Carb Peanut Butter bars.

The detour bars are around 160-170 calories/4.5 fat/15 protein for the small bars but the other are like double everything.

The Snickers Low Carb PB bar is 170 cal/6 fat/15 or 16 protein/8 fiber - that is why I like this so much, the fiber helps keep you full.

Hi JenL13 - I like those Snicker ones, too. Do you use them as a meal or just a snack?

As you can tell, I'm trying to find something that would be a good meal replacement for me. I eat way too much when given a chance and end up tired, and lazy so I'm going to try and not eat so much, but want my nutrients that I need, too. If I start eating I can't stop and then it's on my mind all the time. I'm hoping to get a grip on it and then I can get this extra weight off.

Marcia.

I use the 170 calorie Low Carb PB one as my "breakfast" ususally... however, I eat like 6-7 small mini-meals a day so it's not like I'm ging hours between meals, if you are then 170 cal wouldn't be enough.

I usually start out my morning with 1/2 low carb/high fiber wrap w/ a small amount of Peanut Wonder Peanut Butter on it - typically eat this while getting ready in morning and then I'll eat the Snicker bar around 9-9:30 AM and then lunch typically around 12(about 250 calories/20 protien/8-10fat) very small snack at 2 (have you ever tried vita muffin tops? about 100cal/1-2fat/5fiber-www.vitalicious.com) then another 100-150 cal. snack around 4 before I work out, which is about 4:30 &lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours. Then I'll have salad, dinner, and usually allow myself a very small treat everynight -i love no pudge brownies & on their website they give a receipe for microwaving them as single servings so you can make one brownie at a time so you don't eat the whole pan!!! I think one is about 120 cal and fat free!!!

Good Morning JenL13 -

Would you mind me asking what particular brand of wrap you use, is it WW...do you also purchase this at TJ's?
I am going to stop by their today and try out the peanut butter.
Would you mind posting meal a daily meal menu, you seem to have this clean eating down to a "t"...Do you follow any diet plan?

TIA -

Today is a Gift, Live it to the fullest ~

~Jennifer~

I use La Tortilla Factoy brand wrap -they come in 2 sizes, I use the smaller wrap- it's 50 calories/2 fat/8 fiber per wrap & it's low carb -which is just a bonus to me b/c I really don't watch carbs.
I also like the plain one, but they make a green onion and a garlic & herb I believe so just depends on your taste buds! I am sure trader joe would have them but not sure as we don't have them here in Illinois... :( I find the wraps at my local Meijer, Cubs, and Shop-n-save so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding but look in the health food isle if at regular grocery store, they aren't by the wraps back in the fridge section.

I don't really eat "clean" - I wish I had more time too but with working outside the house it is hard to... I should try harder but I figure baby steps! I do eat low fat/low calorie and never "stuff" myself so I do have that down just need to eat more fresh foods-I'm BAD about eating packaged foods, which are FULL of sodium! However, since you asked, here is a typical weekday for me!

7:00 - 1/2 wrap w/ a little Peanut Wonder AKA Better n Peanut Butter -about 80 cal/3 fat
9-9:30 - Snicker Marathan Low Carb PB bar 170 cal/6 fat/14 protein/8 fiber
12-12:30 - Kraft South Beach Diet Wraps (sesame chicken & southwest chicken are my favs) average: 230cal/8-10 fat/21 protein/15 fiber
2:00 - Vitatop (banana fudge is awesome)100 cal/2 fat/5 fiber
4:00 (pre-workout)- depends, either wrap w/ pb or 1/2 protien bar, I like detour brand the best - the small ones are about 160 cal/4.5 fat/15 protein
6:30-7:30 salad - I love spinach salad w/ fat free dressing but I don't use much dressing & usually either chicken "taco" wraps, boneless/skinless chicken baked in oven (I marinade in KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki w/ sesame overnight the night before I cook)or a lean cusine roasted garlic chicken brick oven pizza - they are AWESOME in my opinion!

On weekends I will eat oatmeal instead of protein bars b/c I love oatmeal & have more time to make it than during the week.
I use McCann's Irish Oatmeal (quick cooking), add some cinanmon and splenda & toss in microwave - yum!

Hope this helps - as I said I eat WAY too much packaged food but considering all the fast food/high fat food around I figure I am doing better than a lot of people and I do workout 1-2 hours 6 days a week!

>I just bought two Lean Body Gold bars; one was caramel cookie
>twist and one was caramel peanut.
>
>Anybody have these before? What do you think of them? Do you
>use them for a meal replacement?
>
>Marcia.;-)

Lean Body are some of the better bars out there,if you must eat one. I also have the cookie twist. I eat one half of one when I'm in a pinch.
:)

How many gr of sugar are in the Snickers one and the Lean Body one? Besides the protein content, this is the one I watch for when I buy meal replacement bars.

Thanks!

>How many gr of sugar are in the Snickers one and the Lean
>Body one? Besides the protein content, this is the one I
>watch for when I buy meal replacement bars.
>
>Thanks!

Don't know about Snicker since I've never had them the LB has 7grams. Some of his bars can go up to 10 grams. My really alltime favorites are POWER CRUNCH!!

272-0005
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Cinnamon Bun
12 bars
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Cookie (40g)
Servings Per Container: 12

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 205

Calories From Fat 105

Total Fat 12 g 18%

Saturated Fat 5 g 25%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 90 mg 4%

Potassium 115 mg 3%

Total Carbohydrates 10 g 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g 28%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%
Iron 3%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Salt, Baking Soda, Yellow #5&6, Red 40, Blue #1.

Warning: Alergy Information: Contains, milk, wheat, and soy. This product is manufactured on equipment that also processes peanuts.

Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know.

272-0001
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Cookies & Creme
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 195

Calories From Fat 95

Total Fat 11 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 20%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 70 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 12%
Iron 2%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Dextrose, Nonfat Milk Powder, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Sucralose, Baking Soda, Salt, Corn Flour, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Yellow 5&6, Red 3, Blue 1.

Warning: Alergy Information: This product is manufactured on equipment that may also process peanuts.

272-0002
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, French Vanilla Creme
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 195

Calories From Fat 95

Total Fat 11 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 20%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 80 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 12%
Iron 1%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Dextrose, Nonfat Milk Powder, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Sucralose.

Warning: Alergy Information: This product is manufactured on equipment that may also process peanuts.

272-0006
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Peanut Butter Creme
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 200

Calories From Fat 105

Total Fat 12 g 18%

Saturated Fat 5 g 25%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 100 mg 4%

Potassium 90 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 13 g 26%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8%
Iron 4%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate], Peanut Butter (Peanut, Palm Oil, Sugar, Salt), Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose, Baking Soda,Yellow 5&6, Red 40, Blue 1.

Warning: Alergy Information: Contains, milk, peanuts, wheat, and soy.

Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

272-0003
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Peanut Butter Fudge
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 195

Calories From Fat 95

Total Fat 11 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 20%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 75 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%
Iron 1%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Modified Palm Kernel & Palm Oils, Dextrose, Nonfat Milk Powder, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Lecithin, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Baking Soda, Salt, Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1.

272-0004
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Triple Chocolate
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 195

Calories From Fat 95

Total Fat 11 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 20%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 80 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%
Iron 6%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Modified Palm Kernel & Palm Oil, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Dextrose, Nonfat Milk Powder, Lecithin, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Salt, Baking Soda, Yellow 5&6, Red 3, Blue 1.

272-0007
BNRG
Power Crunch Bars, Wild Berry Creme
12 bars
Nutrition Facts

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 205

Calories From Fat 105

Total Fat 12 g 18%

Saturated Fat 5 g 25%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 80 mg 3%

Potassium 120 mg 3%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Protein 14 g 28%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%
Iron 2%

Ingredients: Proto Whey Protein Blend [Proto Whey (Micro Peptides from Extreme Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Fraction (55% di & tri peptides), Maltodextrin, Sucralose), Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate], Palm Oil Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Salt, Citric Acid, Red 40, Baking Soda.

Warning: Alergy Information: Contains, milk, wheat, and soy. This product is manufactured on equipment that also processes peanuts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.