LauraMax or any other Atkins Success Stories

pugsrule

Cathlete
Good morning,

I was just wondering if you eat nuts on Atkins....I was on it a while back and ate a lot of nuts and didn't lose any weight....wondering if that could be the cause. It seems strange though because almonds only have about 2 net carbs per serving. Please let me know your thoughts if you have time.

Thanks so much and have a great weekend!!!

That is one thing I specifically remember when I read the book sometime ago. You can have nuts on this diet, but if you're not losing on induction, nuts and cheese are the two things you should try to cut back on. I can't remember what the reasoning was (it's been a while since I read it), but I kept that information in the back of my mind so I know what I should cut back on if I'm not losing like I should.

I think the key word here is "lots". You can have nuts but not during the induction phase (first 2 weeks). After induction, the book recommends you climb the carb ladder to see how different foods affect you and determine what your carb limit is. Did you track how many servings of nuts you were eating a day? Were you at or under the 20 grams carbs per day required for the induction phase? Different foods affect people differently. Some people can eat nuts on induction and still lose, some people can't.

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.