Kettlebell. Weekend.

Good afternoon you strong, beautiful women!

Jane, My thoughts are full of you and your family. (((((HUGS)))))

I didn't do anything yesterday. By the time it was "my" time, it felt like I had been run over by a truck. I was t.i.r.e.d. Last night we slept without all of the pillows. ;)

I did the TGU today with Lauren Brooks's 12 minute workout and some extra legs.

I am going back to y'day's thread to check up. I hope that everyone is having a good day so far! :)

Melissa

Jane, I almost cried when I read your post. Your mom sounds like she is such a strong woman. I think that kidnapping her sounds like a great plan. If she is anything like most moms - or like you - she wants to be strong for her daughters and doesn't want anyone to have take care of her. She deserves to be whisked away to the beach! You ALL do. :)

Nita, HOW EXCITING! Don't you love that buddy? I am thinking about getting the 12 and 16k so I can use the buddy with cleans and presses. I just have to find the money first. ;)
And I actually do all of my workouts barefoot! :D Well, except for running. It's weird, but I actually feel better doing it barefoot. I haven't done any plyo type moves besides burpees, which is very different from flunges (flying or the other "f" lunges, whatever mood you're in ;) ).

Marcy, I don't like Tracy Anderson the person, but when you say things like "you literally feel like your arms are going to fall off" I get very interested and my convictions get weaker...
BTW, how is Max doing? I haven't heard about him in a while. :)

Gayle, did you get any snow? I wish I had advice for you re: presses. I just wish that I could press 50# :eek:

I won't check in any more this weekend because we will be busy. I will probably go for a run tomorrow before we hit the SB parties. Have a great weekend!

Melissa

Hi Everyone,

I got to workout today. :):):) The first workout in a couple of weeks. I did the following:

The Gauntlet
40 Walking Lunges (each leg)
Run 200m
35 KB Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
Run 200m
30 Squats
Run 200m
25 Kettlebells Swings
Run 200m
20 Ball Slams
Run 200m
15 Thrusters
Run 200m
10 Push ups
Run 200m
5 Squat Thrusts

Then did 100 sit ups in various forms.

Everyone ~ Thanks for the hugs!! We are all doing fine. Mom is doing really well. We let her alone today and when I talked to her earlier she sounded great. I miss my dad so much but I'm comforted that he is in a better place. I have my own special angel now. I think all of us did lots of grieving along the way.

The beach house has been secured and I'll be taking off my first full week of vacation since September of 2006!!! I can't wait.

Deanie ~ How is the snow?

Gayle ~ Did you get any?

Melissa ~ Have fun at your SB party tomorrow. GO COLTS!!!

Hi to Nita and Marcy.

I am running tomorrow morning and then celebrating mom's 76 birthday in the afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Ladies!

No snow for me. :( The ski areas are doing really well because it's been cold enough to make snow, but we have little to none around the house. No workouts this weekend. The countertop people want to come template on the 15th and I'm going nuts trying to get the kitchen totally ready. It seems like I get one thing done, then think of six other things I should do. :confused:

Jane - I hope your mom has a good day today. Great workout! The beach house sounds great! I think you deserve a nice vacation. :)

Melissa - Do you have your Colts blue on!!! :D

Deanie - Can you hear us under all that snow? Should we send in the St. Bernards with the hot toddies?

Hi Marcy, Nita and Rhonda!!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Sunday

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Yesterday was quite an adventure. We lost power about 4 in the morning and were with out till 6pm!!! to make a long story short the kids went to their friends/neighbors at 11am, we took some food over to their house and we went over about 4pm. Happily, the power came on at 6, no food was lost, and we all had a nice day....Love the power!!:p we have an electric stove and electric heat so it was like living in the 1800's!

So I couldn't workout yesterday:mad::mad::mad:, so I did yesterdays workout today. Which is okay, but now I'm a little thrown off with starting rop tomorrow...so I am still starting, but switching around my days and cash outs I planned.

Here's todays workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Jane;:: Glad to hear all is well with your family....and Hooray for a vacation finally!!! Fun workout yesterday!

Melissa::: I'm going to say GO COLTS for you, but we here are voting for the Saints (sorry:eek:) Have fun at your parties!!

Gayle::: sorry you had no snow, I would be happy to send some to you....we got over 2 feet!! the boys are going out sledding today before their party. I know what you mean about the snowball effect...but new countertops are worth it! That was a fast turn around from when you ordered the tops, that's great! I can't wait to see pictures!

Nita::: Hope you are enjoying your kettlebells!

waves to Marcy and Rhonda!!

Have a great weekend gals and enjoy the football (and commercials!) today!!:):):)

Hi Everyone!

I ran/walked a 10K this morning. It's been a while since I've been running so it was a little rough but I got it done.

Deanie ~ Glad the snow didn't hamper you too much. I think food goes bad after 24 hours without power. It happens to us during hurricane season. I'm glad you got your workout in today.

Nita ~ Have fun with your kettlebells. I think I'm going to bring mine to the beach.

Waving to Gayle, Marcy and Rhonda.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.