Katherine Heigel as Stephanie Plum?

I agree - I was really disappointed when I heard Katherine Heigl mention that she was going to play Stephanie Plum. Definitely not who I would have chosen or even thought about. I hope she doesn't end up being too whiny.

I could so see Benjamin Bratt as Ranger...I hope they at least make better casting choices for Ranger and Morelli and Grandma Mazur.

I was really disappointed to when I heard about Heigl, what a major bummer! I always pictured Sandra Bullock. Christian Bale would be a great Morelli!

I'm hoping that Heigl will be a surprise in a good way .... I, too, could picture Sandra Bullock, but Heigl has some good comedic timing in her movies (different than her whiney Grey's character). She seems to be able to make fun of herself pretty well. But there can be NO whining in a Stephanie Plum movie!!! Just doughnuts ....

I actually think Heigl could be just right for the part. I haven't seen her in much - in fact, I think I've only seen her in the first few episodes of Grey's Anatomy - but who knows? The photo I've seen of her with brown hair doesn't look too far off the mark to me. But seriously, who cares? It's all about the guys...

Ranger? I don't know. Gael Garcia Bernal is very, very pretty. Javier Bardem brings both the sexy and the danger. Eddie Cibrian is also extremely hot, and Cuban-American.

Morelli? How about Bobby Cannavale? Or Zachary Quinto (HAWT) or Bradley Cooper?

Sandra Bullock or Kaley Cuoco as Stephanie
Doris Roberts as her mother
Denzel as Ranger ( I would really like Alex Rodriguez)
Shari Shephard as Lulu

Don't know about Grandma or Joe

Yep I agree with disappointed they went with Heigl. Queen Latifah, the rock, benjamin bratt and betty white are my picks. How about the blonde from Illegally blonde with Reece witherspoon as Connie (she was the nail tech) I love her and could see her in that role.

They should have went with Bullock and heigl as the sister.

What about the parents? Like Tim Allen or Brad from Everybody Loves Raymond. Drawn a blank for the Mom

And is it just me, or are Heigl and Charlize Theron not identical twins separated at birth? I am never sure which one it is when I see a picture of either of them.

Okay, who the hell is Stephanie Plum?

Stephanie Plum is the lead character in Janet Evanovich's "number" series. She is a tough, no nonsense gal from New Jersey who needs a job so desperately, she starts working for her cousin Vinnie (a perverted bail bondsman) as a bounty hunter. The books are truly laugh-out-loud funny with the cast of characters:

Ranger: muscular Latino bounth hunter; always dresses in black and just EXHUDES sexuality
Morelli: Stephanie's on-again, off-again boyfriend; a hot Italian police detective
Grandma Mazur: Stephanie's maternal grandmother; for entertainment, attends wakes/funerals and HAS to see an open casket OR ELSE!
Lulu: "well built" black woman; former ho; does as little work as possible at bail bond office; often accompanies Stephanie on bounty hunter jobs which leads to HIGH COMEDY! Favorite clothing includes anything bright, spandex, animal print, short, tight, too small...well, you get the idea!

If you enjoy funny books, don't mind a little colorful language, I HIGHLY recommend them. The first is "One for the Money." New books have been coming out every June. We are currently up to sixteen with "Sizzlin' Sixteen" due out June 22nd.

Carrie

Oh my gosh -- I loved those books!! I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

I agree with whomever said the Rock as Ranger (at least thats what I always pictured)! I just hope whoever plays grandma Mazur is funny! (Betty White perhaps?)

I liked how the stories have progressed -- anyone catch on that in the first few books no one had a cell phone?

If you enjoy funny books, don't mind a little colorful language, I HIGHLY recommend them. The first is "One for the Money." New books have been coming out every June. We are currently up to sixteen with "Sizzlin' Sixteen" due out June 22nd.

Carrie

Oh yes, now I remember. I've read some Janet Evanovich, and while she is talented, she isn't quite to my taste. My tastes in fiction tend to be darker, like Dennis Lehane and Val McDermid. Not that there's anything wrong with Janet's books at all; they just aren't quite brutal enough for me!

I would have liked Sandra Bullock as Stephanie, MoNique as Lulu, and Shemar Moore as Ranger. Not sure about Morelli.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.