June 10 Check in Weekend 19th/20th*******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies....

Today's workout is going to be cardio & weights. I really enjoy doing that one!! I also have alot of housecleaning to do today....

Hope everyone is doing well today!!

Good morning Kathy, and all! I just read about C&W having a couple of great premixes. Enjoy!

Ok, before I forget.....

http://www.coolibar.com/swim-shorts-tights.html

I wear a long sleeve swim shirt. I do wear shorts with it -- like boy shorts sort of, but I have a friend who wears something like the swim capris.

Ok, I did one of the new Bobs this morning -- the strength one. Chris, yesterday I did an Ellen -- sort of a yoga/pilates fusion. I don't know if it was that or the long drive, but my hamstrings were sore this morning. Hottie, I haven't done many of Ellen's older ones. I liked that one.

So the Bob..... it was tough! It was sort of like a harder version of NMTZ, sort of. He kept you moving, for sure. I felt it was light on chest and back work, though there were a bunch of pushups and a lot of plank work, which may have gotten the chest some, but mostly it felt like it fried my shoulders. There was an awful lot of shoulder work between the shoulder work and the planks. My HRM said I burned 415 calories, though I'm not sure it's working properly..... there were times I felt like my heart rate should have been a lot higher than it was reporting. He definitely aims to keep your heart rate up there and keep you moving. I have previewed them all by now, and they do look good. I think the cardio is cardio somewhat in the way tonique is -- there seems to be a lot of lower body toning that happens which brings up the heart rate of course.

I woke up from a horrible horrible nightmare around 4 am, and ended up listening to a podcast to try to forget about it. I think I drifted off, but not for long. So, I may have a nap later! :) Larry and I watched "Baby Mama" last night -- have you guys seen it? It was fun. I've been listening to a new (for me) podcast lately.... fat2fitradio.com -- they seem to have such a sensible approach -- I really like it. They are making me think I'm not eating enough nutritious calories, which is why I then eat the crap. I think I may spend some time doing some calculations on their website and then try to track calories for a couple of weeks.

I guess I have cleaning and laundry to do today, too. Should also get to work and try to catch up a little, I guess..... Have a good one!!

Good morning! I'm doubling up on workouts later this morning. MMA Fusion and STS Legs. I'm also going to start the next week tomorrow because of the way my schedule is going to work next week. I feel a lot better this morning. The sprinklers woke me up again but I did force myself out at 5a. I would like to try that tomorrow and Monday just to keep the habit alive (and so I can be more like Beth!) because man, its sure nice to get your workout done early in the day.

Kathy -- I have to clean the house too but not that much since we've been progressively better about doing a little every night we come home (which only is working since we have been coming home earlier.) I love C&W -- that's how I fell in love with Cathe.

Beth -- so what's up with SoCal? That said, I don't think Ventura county always "counts" as SoCal. With the exception of traffic which is more a function of where I work, its been lovely. We don't even have our thermostat on because the weather has been great. But if we could ever afford it, I think Joe and I would prefer San Diego (specifically La Jolla) to LA. SF is my only exposure really of NoCal and the microclimates kept on screwing me up. But it did seem really pretty in the more spread out areas when travelling up there. Actually, I was thinking of you because I had some long email exchanges about the wedding I'm going to the first weekend of september and I was wondering if I could still visit your place. The Bob workouts sound cool but I've been feeling disappointed when I try other instructors. Cathe has totally spoiled me. I hope the new Exhale Core fusion dvds I ordered helps me expand...

MMmmm, I smell breakfast on the stove. Here I come! nom nom nom...

Hey Girls...

Bad morning here with Zach. Bad attitude. no AWFUL attititude and fresh fresh fresh! He also went down the street to where Alex and Jake were playing to get them to come home, and he swore and threw a fit down there. So the mom called and said she does NOT want Zach on her property ever again. She felt HER children were in danger.

These are the times I wish I never decided to have children. I seriously don't think I was cut out for this crap.

And then he wrote me this big apology letter. And he did SAY he was going to go apologize to the family down the street too.

No workout today. I just don't feel like pushing myself today. I don't want to make myself unavailable if the boys need something or get into something. I just want to crawl into a hole, to tell you the truth.

Sorry I'm a downer. I'll try to come back later and hope to be a happier camper.

um, just did the first half of my workouts today...MMA Fusion. It did not go well. It requires too much strength in the core or flexibility for me I guess. I think I only touched this workout once or twice and I've definitely improved on some moves but ugh, anything that requires me rolling on my back into a pushup is not there for me yet. I totally see this as a "form" workout and if I could do the moves it would be a ton funner. I'm not really in the mood to do STS legs right now maybe when I come back from shopping or errands but I need to get my stink off soon too so we'll see.

Chris -- you are NOT a downer. And I'm so sorry about Zach...but if it makes you feel any better I think most parents don't know the language kids use in school and then they get ubershocked when they hear another kid say something thinking their kids would never say anything like that. They're just having a lot of emotion and figuring out a way to release it. At least its not as bad as the email I have to send to one of my students parents (yes, your kid and his classmates drink at their parties but I wouldn't be too concerned...they were worried that the students are getting wasted) I know I sound like I'm being lax but maybe i'm just desensitized to it. But him giving you or the other parent attitude is bad. That woulda gotten me a slap right to the face.

This might make you guys laugh...so when I went home last weekend I go to see my nieces and I notice that the eldest has a super short haircut...almost like a tomboy ellen degeneres kinda thing. This shocked me because she always loved having super long hair that she could never manage. I asked her why she got it cut and she would say, "not right now." I asked her this five times and eventually just asked my sister in front of her. My sister looks at me with a grin and says, you're not ready to tell her? My niece shakes her head...my sister, ok I will. Basically, my niece was caught lying (when she didn't need to) and my sister had threatened she was going to cut off her hair if she did it one more time so she cut it. My jaw nearly hit the table. I thought it was so awesome. And considering how glam my sister is I was surprised she went through it. It's almost as good as me stealing all my cousin's underwear to punish him for backtalk....

Aw, Chris..... I'm sorry about the parenting issues! Try to remember that he is just in those years where their behavior is strange and unpredictable. And what Hottie says is right..... you are not a downer! You just feel like one, and I'm sorry about that.

Hottie, that workout is really hard, I think. I was amazed you were going to do the two!!

SoCA -- I guess it's all just a little too much strip mall after another for me. I feel really closed in and crowded or something when I'm there.

Thanks, girls.

Things are a bit better, but the rollercoaster ride with a teenager sucks monkey butts, let me tell you.

Now I'm off to work. No workout today :(

Oh Beth you jinxed me. I just didn't feel like doing it all day and now I'm sleepy. I guess it'll just go for tomorrow. I'm definitely going to double up something on Monday since I have so much time in the morning because I'm trying to avoid the parade traffic. I think just doing so much on so little sleep coming back from Jersey is catching up to me. Also, I'm a little down too because someone else in my family died though we were expecting this one a little bit more. Frankly, its never one person that dies in my family...usually 4 or 5 in a stretch so I'm just crossing my fingers this is the last.

Chris -- I hope you had a better day and that work treated you well!

Good night...

Oh, Hottie, I'm so sorry about the other bad news in your family!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too. I'm so sorry. Sorry I jinxed you, too. ;)

Chris, how was work? I was thinking about you last night, after your crummy day, and then having to face that long shift. I hope it went well!

I ended up doing a bunch of yardwork after dinner last night -- hand sawing a bunch of branches Larry cut so we could try to put them in our green bin for trash collection. Well, I just felt so spent when I woke up this morning, so could not face that Bob Harper cardio. I did Ellen's Fusion Flow -- I think that may have been my first time doing it! At least I had no memory of it. But, I just spent some time looking at Ajock's track workout for the nonrunner and I put together a mix I think I may go out and try in a few minutes. We also may be going ice skating later today, sort of for Father's Day but mostly for Travis. The kid is getting really good at roller hockey, and he has it in his mind that he's going to play for the NHL before he goes to college. Well, good at roller hockey by yourself is a far cry from NHL ice hockey! I don't want to dash his hopes, but he does need a little dose of reality.

He made the cutest menu/card for Larry for Father's Day. One of the items is eggs, possibly with bacon. I loved the "possibly" (not knowing if we have any in the house!). And "any kind of cereal you want that we have".

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.....

Hi ladies...

We just got back from lunch at Ruby Tuesday's and church. Vic wanted to go out for lunch for Father's Day....Today is a rest day for me on the schedule. Not sure what we will end up doing this afternoon. It is sunny and hot here!!

Hope everyone has a great day....

Just finished STS Legs...I was glad when I got to end. I hope all of you are having fun with the "Daddies" in the house. My father was on the phone with me like, "wait, that's today? Oh, ok. thanks." Evee's daddy is "cleaning" the garage but right now it just looks messier. I got him (really for his bday in August) one of those Crafsman tool storage chest with the drawers and the wheels...not the ball bearing kind but four big drawers on the bottom and for drawers on a smaller chest on the top. He seems to like it! (I also got the whole thing for less than $90 after tax so I'm happy). I also got this Craftsman Multimax tool with is sorta like the Dremel or the more expensive Fein version and it seems to be the tool we've been needing for one of our projects (reg price $125, I got for $70 after tax cuz I rock). But it was really funny because these guys were ignoring me in the tool section at Osh (because why would a little girl need help with tools? I don't actually, but the help could help me FIND the tool in their disorganized shelves) and I cut in the middle of this one store guy talking to a customer because he had been ignoring me to tell the customer that the item he was looking at was cheaper at Sears. Guys jaw dropped. and THEN I told him that Osh could price match it for him and voila, look I have the flyer so he can do it right on the spot. Customer service reps hear me: don't ignore me or I'll make you look like a fool.

Beth -- do you use a mechanical saw or a powered one when you do that? When we had a bunch of branches to be tossed in our green trash can the guy we call (he's like 19 just stuffed it in the can, and then jumped on top closing the lid. It was funny. NHL before college? At least he got his priorities straight!

Kathy -- I haven't been to Ruby Tuesday's in forever! Now I'm hungry...

Off to shower. It's been so gorgeous here lately...typical Pasadena summer before it gets awful. Super cool in the morning, nice and warm in the afternoon, and cools off later. The house with all the fans going circulates well enough that it never gets warmer than 73 degrees. Now, that's free A/C!

Just a quick fly by , I have to leave for work in a few.

Work was so hard last night. we usually have a mix of medical patients and oncology patients. Last night. the entire unit was oncology patients. SICK oncology patients. I had "only" 4 patients, but 3 were leukemics , one lymphoma, and 2 were getting chemotherapy. It was super super heavy on giving medications. I was so afraid I was going to miss something. And then of course, I'm in CHARGE, and have to deal with the peripheral crap that goes on. All the patients were pretty ill/sick.

One guy I had was 36 yrs old. Just diagnosed with Leukemia. He is married and has a 5 and 7 yr old. The kicker is, he's Jehova Witness, and they do NOT believe in taking blood transfusions. Not a good thing, since the chemotherapy KILLS ALL blood cells, and he's likely to bleed to death if he doesn't take blood or platelet transfusions. I'm just thinking, I do not think I could believe in religion SOOo strongly that I would die and leave my kids and family. He's a nice nice guy too. I just don't get it.

Kathy: Sounds like a nice rest day and father's day!!

Beth: You did some heavy work there!! It feels good to do physical stuff like that sometimes. The workout you did today sounds like a good one! So, have you given up on P90X thoughts? or is that on a back burner. ... OMG, TOOOO cute on the Father's Day breakfast. Made me giggle!!

Hottie: OMG, Greg would DIE for that tool bench!!! Evee is one appreciative pup! GREAT deals! And , good JOB on getting STS in today!!!!

Sorry i'm cutting short, but I have to run...Hope my night is better tonight..

Hottie, of course Joe likes that thing..... guys LOVE stuff like that, from what I can tell. Good shopping you..... of course!!

The work I did last night should have been done in no time at all with a chainsaw, but I'm just not comfortable operating one, so I opted for the hand saw. It took a little while, but I felt so bad for Larry..... our helper guy is picking strawberries for the summer, so Larry's without help and the work is just getting away from him. I was trying to show Travis he is capable (and should be!) of helping Larry. He did help me shove things in the green bin (he used a shovel to crunch them in), but he lost interest eventually and skated.

Chris, so sorry about work! It is crazy the things religion will sometimes do to people, isn't it? But, I guess that's just how they see the world. I feel sorry for his family!!

I ended up doing Aquajock's track workout for the unrunner this morning. Took me 20 minutes and it was perfect. Still cool out when I did it, and Larry was still in bed by the time I finished! Dylan came out and skated while I did it, so I had some company, but no boys fighting. Gotta' love that! ;)

Ok, Chris..... true confessions..... I just completely forgot about the P90X idea! Oh brother! I guess with all the mom stuff I've just been spacey. Do you want to do it? Tell me when...... I'll give it a go, but I know I will not last the 90 days -- I'll tell you that up front (maybe I already did). That's so crazy.... I was so into it and thinking about it all, and I really did completely forget it.

How bad is this? Larry has just gone to the store to fetch stuff for Father's Day dinner. I am so tired..... took naps both yesterday and today, and still just so tired...... (but I will cook the dinner and clean up).

Ok, Chris..... I was just looking at the P90X stuff again...... I think I am game to start!! Since I'm not sure you'll see this before I work out (or reply), maybe I'll do another new Trainer Bob tomorrow, but skip any chest work, and then do the first chest & back of P90X on Tuesday. Are you game, or are you still in the middle of a rotation? I can't remember, sorry! I'll start whenever you are ready.... it'd be fun to be in sync..... (but if you're not up for it, that's ok, too). Joanne, what about you?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.