June 10 Check in Wednesday 23rd********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting ready to head out to the dentist in a while. Then, I will be on my way to my gyno appointment. Fun day!!!! Not.....

When I get back...If I have any pep, I am scheduled to do Power Hour..

I will try to get back on later and chat..

OH MY, Kathy... you are living the life today!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hottie: You are the best! Your post last night made me smile so big! we are collectively under some sort of "cloud" this week. We need to break out, and I think getting plastered in Beth's guest house would be the perfect solution!!! Beth, you game?

On the husband project front, mine is more along the lines of BUYING things to complete projects, but never actually DOING them. He works, eats and sleeps and if we get a lawn mowing in there once in a while, it's a holiday here! So , in that respect, I guess I'm a little jealous too. But i understand your frustrations!!! Ice cream and wine sound like good coping skills to me!:cool:

Beth: I getcha on the kids fighting/whining. Mine tend to really poke each other til one says "uncle" ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. And then, Alex and Jake will play like the BEST of friends, and all is good. :confused:

I got my shipping notice that I'm going to get Turbo Fire today!!!!
10.gif
I wish it were here now, I'd sooooooo do it! It went out ONE TOWN OVER at 2:30am! Why is it not here? Why is the UPS dude slacking?????

Today I'm going to do straight cardio. I think I may do an oldie/but goodie. One of Cathe's older step workouts. I'll let ya know ;)

Oh and last night, before bed, Zach gave me THE BIGGEST and LONGEST hug and told me he'd try to do better. That it's going to be a long summer, and he doesn't want to fight with me the entire time. I love that he said all that, but have a feeling it won't last .... but I can dream!

I love you girls!! :) You made me feel so much better! Hottie, what a great idea - let's all meet up at Beth's guest house and get plastered! ;) Then we can run laps around her ice rink! Sound good?? Beth, you in?? ;)

Kathy, I must say, your day made me feel not so bad about my goofy complaints about projects! I guess get it all out of the way at once!

Hottie, everyone always says that - you're so lucky your husband can do stuff. Sometimes I feel the opposite. When something breaks down in someone else's house, like the heat, they pick up the phone, call someone and it's done. With us, it's lots of swearing, running back and forth to the hardware store, huge messes, and days of stress! DH is not a happy worker. He gets very frustrated and cranky with everyone. I wish I could have done the floor. It's ceramic tile and I've never done that before. Although neither has DH. I was afraid I'd mess something up. Too funny - ice cream and risotto times two!

Chris, that's hilarious. My DH also buys lots of things for projects, but doesn't use them. Right now we have four or five Menards bags on our couch - not quite sure what's in them!YES - you're getting your Turbo Fire!!! Awwww, Zach's hug made me teary-eyed! Very cool.

Beth, I know - the fighting is crazy. Drives me insane. The kids haven't been too bad this summer yet. I keep telling them the will appreciate each other when they are adults - at least I hope so!

Well, DH finished laying the floor last night. He called into work and finished it after we had an argument about all the stuff that needed to be done. He still has to do the grout. I'm not so worried about that cause it's something I can probably do. I noticed this morning that he bought a gallon of paint - I guess he plans to paint the kitchen too. Maybe I'll be surprised and it will all be done when I get home from work. A girl can dream!

Well, I decided to jump into the Turbo Fire rotation!! I did the first workout today - Turbo Fire 30 and then Stretch 10. It was really fun!! Great music. Kind of like a pumped up Turbo Kick. Two turbos and three combos. I was sweating bullets, but it was pretty warm in the house. I like how it's like being in a class. Tomorrow is supposed to be Hiit 15, but I'll probably add on the sculpt workout just to try it out. There's no sculpting or toning until the second week of the rotation.

Sorry if I've been a bit "whiney" lately!! I'm stressed about stuff and it helps to blab about it here!! Thanks for being such good buddies and listening to me!

Joanne

Good morning!!! Wow, so much to comment on already! Hottie's post last night was pretty funny..... yes, let's have a checkin party here!!

Kathy, yuck on your day today! Good luck! Hopefully the weigh in is good -- that's what you've been working on, eh? Maybe you can do something fun after all that.

Joanne, you are not being whiney! Don't even worry about it! And I really know what you mean about sometimes just wanting to pick up the phone and call someone to fix it. Especially when it's the hot water heater with no showers and threat of blowing up the house because of the propane!

Chris, I know the music is supposed to be good in those turbos.... I'm still waiting for reviews. I thought I was going totallly nuts last night though, because I wanted to find my turbojams so I can try them again and I couldn't!! I didn't think I'd traded them away. Well, I found them, finally, with the hip hop abs set that I won and since there are only two cases (is that right? That's all I have!) they sort of blended in. This sort of ties in to the rotation I've decided to do for a while..... someone on vf started a checkin group for people to do dvds that have been sitting on their shelf but they've never done. I didn't think I had that many, but counted up and it's something like 32! Part of that is those 5 bosu workouts, Joanne... but here's another crazy thing..... I opened up the case and there is only one disc in it!! I'm missing three of those workouts. Oh brother!! I don't think I ever had the disc, but honestly I'm not sure -- life's been a little crazy in the last couple of months!!

Ok, so I did Bob's cardio this morning (shot -- hic!). It was SO hard!! I guess maybe it was what Insanity might be like -- I'm not sure. I felt like it was Cathe meets Bodyrock -- because there were a lot of bodyrock-type moves, done quickly back to back, but it went on for an hour!! I'm not sure you guys will like it though.... the first ten minutes is really kettlebell stuff. He has them use regular weights, but I think it works better with a real kbell. And then throughout the workout he puts in some swings, which I always did with a kettlebell. Also, there's a longish section with hand walkouts to plank and then mountain climbers that Chris won't like. When there was about 17 minutes left he tells us we're going to do one solid minute of pushups. Ug! And then after that he went into something else hard -- weighted squat jumps maybe. Anyway, you move the whole entire time. My heart rate was way up there most of the time. I really think there's something wrong with my hrm, but it did say I burned 490. Honestly I would have believed higher -- it was cardio coach intense, really. Either my hrm is tweaked or the bodyrock workouts have made it harder for me to get my heart rate up -- I'm not sure. But, it was pretty high today, so who knows. Anyway, a good sweat there, for sure.

More cleaning today. We are running low on food but I don't really want to go to town. We're definitely headed into town tomorrow. I have to get my cracked windshield replaced and I think we'll go see Karate Kid finally. But today.... crack the whip!! Have a good one!!

longer post later -- glad i made you guys smile. I have TOM cramping my style literally. working from home...we'll see if I get out of the funk.

Hey Girls!

I ended up doing Step Fit, which is the one where she says, "Did you hear the sheep?" LOL! It was ok. Kind of weird in that she'd build up a sequence, and you'd be kicking butt at the end of it, and then she'd start another one off REALLY slow again. But, by the end, I was pretty drenched. And I do NOT know the Macerana dance, WHAT? . How can she ASSUME everyone knows Macerana arms, LOL!

My Turbo Fire HAS NOT COME YET! I hate my UPS guy. :mad: BUT I suppose, I wouldn't start in until tomorrow anyways.

Joanne: Did you do the first workout of the series? That's the one that they start with? There's no way I could do just cardio for 2 weeks. It sounds like a blast though!! And I'm so excited to get it!!!! I think I may just jump into it tomorrow. Or maybe friday. Unless I can fit legs in tomorrow too. .... YAY for DH finishing the floor!!! I guess you must have worn him down !!! You go, joanne!!! I hope the kitchen is ALL done when you get home today!!
.... And also, you can ALWAYS whine to us, that is what we're here for!!! Cuz we get it!!!

Beth: Which Turbo Jams do you have? The first "set" is a purple/blue case with I think 3 DVDs in it? It has the "Learn & Burn" and "20 Minute TJ" on one. Cardio Party and Ab Jam on another and then Turbo Sculpt on the 3rd. Or maybe there's just 2, but they orignally came in one case. And then there are a bunch of other single DVDs that were add ons. Like Cardio Party 2 and 3. And Kick, Punch and Jam, and Cardio Core , or something like that.... OMG, you have 32 DVDs you've NEVER done? BETH!!!!. LOL!. ... Ok, so you're REALLY making me want BOB now! LOL!. The cardio sounds good!! I can just picture the face of the girl doing the little Kickbox drill at the site you posted yesterday!!! I could handle a FEW Mountain Climbers... a FEW!... And for what it's worth, I think your HRM is f'd up! ;)

Hottie: Did Core Fusion get you out of your funk????? I want to hear ALL about it!!!

Greg went to sign Alex up for Tae Kwon Doe (after he saw Karate Kid, he gave up camp for lessons!!). I must find a good recipe for Lasagna, ..stat! And tonight I have Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp) for Movie Night!

Update! Update! Turbo Fire HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Chris, oooooo, cool, Turbo has arrived! I was just about to post bad things about your UPS man, but I caught the last line of your post!! You are probably busy ripping it open now. Did you get the deluxe DVDs? I did, but not the recovery drink stuff. Isn't the journal thing nice? I like how it is packaged. Yes, I did the first workout on the rotation. Start tomorrow!!! We might eventually get in sync - you'd only be a day behind me. I probably won't workout Saturday cause I'll be up at the crack of dawn cleaning! The first workout is only 30 minutes - you could fit in legs. Yea, I don't want to do just cardio either, but some of the workouts are so short (tomorrow is just Hiit 15) you can easily fit in some weights. I hope the kitchen is done, too. Not a peep from home today, which means it's not done, or he wants me to be surprised when I get home and it's all done. Update later. ;) My boys took Tae Kwon Do when they were younger. Loved it. The couple that did it moved away and I haven't been able to find another place to take them. There is one near us but they make you sign this big contract and it's very expensive.

Beth, if I think about it tonight, I'll count up my DVDs that I've never done. If it's not too embarrassing, I'll let you know. I have a feeling it's more than you. Yea, why did we get those Bosu DVDs again?? Did you try them? They are probably good, but I just haven't had the urge to try one. I think all the workouts are on one disk - so maybe you're not missing any. I'll check mine later.

We're supposed to be getting another big storm thsi evening. Friday was crazy. About 4:00 here downtown it got really dark and windy. I'm up on the 20th floor and pieces of metal were swirling around and hitting our windows. We all came out of our offices, but there was never any announcement to go into the stairwells or anything. Well, the storm finally died down and the alarms go off and an announcement comes over the speakers saying it is safe to come out of the stairwells now. OK - you never told us to go in the stairwells!! A bunch of trees were down near our house. Something hit DH's windshield (they were driving home from the pool in it) and made like a spiderweb crack thingy (very descriptive, huh?). The insurance company sent someone out and they fixed it by inserting something into it. Very weird but cool. No deductible and they came to us! And, you can't even tell it was ever broken. Just hoping it's not so bad tonight. So far it's still sunny down here.

Hi Hottie! Hope you are feeling better.

Kathy, hope you survived your day today!!

Our company just let us know that we can all take a half day off either Monday or Friday for the rest of the summer. I'm pretty excited. I'm taking Monday afternoons off. I already work at home, so I won't have any travel time. I'll be able to do some stuff with the kids. Caitlyn has been asking to go to the zoo, but I don't have much time at work. Now I can take her. Want to take them to see Toy Story 3, too.

Time to leave soon....have a good evening.

Chris, you must be so excited..... are you previewing? Guess we know what you're doing tomorrow! I think I have the beginner set of turbo jam, but I think one thing I have has punch kick and jam. That sounds familar. Yes, 30 workouts, or so, but remember, five of those are the new bosu -- and Joanne, I have "Disc Two" -- so, I'm definitely missing one. And I sent them mail about it last night and still haven't heard anything.... I'm going to be really pissed if they don't send me one. Um, and a bunch of them I've never done are.... shhhh.... from my vf secret santa last year. She was so very generous, but for whatever reason, I haven't tried many of her dvds at all -- now I will!

That storm sounds crazy, Joanne! I hope the upcoming one isn't as bad. I wish I had seen the knick in my windshield, because I'll bet they could have fixed mine like that, too, but I didn't see it and it has turned into quite the crack.

Very nice about the half day off.... I'm assuming there's a paycut that goes with it though, no? My friend's husband is being laid off -- I imagine it's going to be tough for him to find a new job. I feel so bad for them. And, my brother in law is having cuts (he's a park ranger, so of course they're cutting). He's got a lot of seniority, so wouldn't be cut, but.... because it'll be a rather grim scene, he's thinking about "retiring" -- he gets a pension that's not that much less than his salary. My sister is trying to talk him into staying one more year.

Well, I did some work around here again today.... things are looking a little better. Still more to do, of course.....

I forgot to tell you guys a really funny Bob (hic) thing...... in one picture this morning I noticed he has a skull ring on his wedding band finger! WTH? Is he gay? Because no woman would be putting up with that! Am I the only one in the country who doesn't know he's gay?

Hottie, what's going on down there? I've seen no news story....

Ok, I'm back and I'm awesome. I got CB cardio in, walked the dog, disc 11 of STS, showered, laundry, handled prescription mess, got the car washed, got my hair treated (FOR FREE), and went to Ralphs otherwise known as Kroger elsewhere to pick up some supre sale items, and I'm back to make dinner, put the laundry in the dryer and more! Seriously, there's so much stuff to do in the day, I think I may want to find a job that will let me be at home one weekday a week or every two weeks.

Seriously, sometimes I think TOM saved me. I was feelings so shitty in the AM and now I just have more energy. Cramping, but feeling good. And there was a freaking explosion two blocks from where I work!

I do have to start on dinner but...

YAY CHRIS TURBO FIRE!!! I think its awesome about the Karate classes. Joe and I keep on talking about joining a dojo but with my schedule its hard to commit the amount of money out here. I would love to do it again. It's right up my alley with all the discipline.

Joanne -- I love Soft Close Fridays -- The entertainment business does it here during the summer as well and gives full pay. Warner and Sony at least do. It was fun dating someone from there on Fridays!

Beth -- I thank the stars everyday that Joe and I are recession proof for the most part. Joe's law firm was the only big one that grew instead of losing and I get paid shit as a grad student and my boss likes to keep us for 8 years. I think you all should unsecret santa me and give me all your unused DVDs! JK! I can't betray Cathe..

The exhale DVDs look good! They look like p57 without the speed...

ok will be back but off to make sweet potatoe kale quiche if I can remember how I make it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.