June 10 Check in Wednesday 16th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today is my going to the dentist day..Not looking forward to it..Anyway, I will be getting ready to go there a little later. This afternoon I will be doing step, jump & pump...

Ok, I will talk to you all this afternoon...

Good Morning, Kathy! Girls!

I'm still feeling wiped out. Like I just want to go back to bed. Probably best that my workout is going to be later. I'm going to Jake's class to help out with a project (putting pictures together for a placemat) from 9:30-11:00. I'll do my workout when I get home.

Zach has his class picnic all day today. The weather is iffy. Supposed to be cloudy, maybe a sprinkle. Not the best, not the worst. I hope he uses his head and doesn't go crazy eating crap. They have MEGA food all day long. It's sickening. After he gets home, we shoot him off to a baseball game. .. And then Friday is his semi-formal dance. Hey, what do you girls know about semi formal dances? Do you think it's ok for him to wear a polo shirt and khaki pants, like dockers? We've been "discussing" this. .. ANyways, that kid has SUCH the social life lately!

Beth: I like Larry's thinking!! I mean, really, Zach has slacked off BIG time this semester, why should he get anymore rewards? Plus, we have spent a TON of money on him lately. Not to even mention the $700 DC trip! :eek: ... Last night we looked at his yearbook together. Brought back a ton of "middle school memories" for *ME*. But he also really TALKED to me for a while. It was nice. I think going on the DC trip, and getting to know the kids a little, opened him up to talking. He also showed me on YouTube the "fightclubs" some of the boys have been staging. They film them for YouTube and get into REAL fights. The principal sent home notes last month, saying they'd been "found out" and "dealt with". But still, wow!

Kathy: Hope the dentist goes well and quickly!!!! My sister has a FEAR of any dental work. She was just telling me they gave her 2 doses of valium AND kept her on Sodium Pent for the entire procedure of a crown, And she CRIED through the entire thing. .... SJP! Good one! SOmething to look forward to!

I want to combine legs and cardio today, and found a cool sounding premix on KPC and L&G. It's KPC drills and all standing leg work + abs. (#14 Premix). so I think that's what I'm going to do today!

*BIG WAVES* to Hottie and Joanne!!

Oh I had such issues with eating last night. Not sure what got into me. I HAD to eat and got into almonds, hershey bar X 2, and marshmallows. Not sure if it was emotional eating, or eating because I was exhausted. but eat i did!!!

Better get going... gotta go make myself pretty for Jake's class!!

Good morning! I'm feeling so out of it, you guys..... disconnected, is what I mean, I guess.

Kathy, good luck at the dentist today! Maybe you should ask for some valium. That's crazy about your sister, Chris -- poor thing!!!

Chris, on the semi-formal attire -- I would think dockers and a decent shirt would do it for middle school. I would think it's crazy to do anything fancier than that, but we are a pretty casual family. Is he looking forward to it? So cool that you were able to really talk to him more last night -- those conversations are always so great when they finally happen. Fight Club movies sound scary! If you can talk to him about the whole graduation thing anymore, you may want to explain the rationale behind no gift, so he doesn't think you're just being cheap and maybe he will step it up next year, you know?

I slept in this morning!!! I'm just staying up too late for me and I'm so run down. But when I pulled on my pants this morning they just seem sort of huge on me, so I'm not worried about that aspect at the moment.

Off to the races..... I've got to call some home care agencies today and try to get them lined up to talk to me in person tomorrow. I'd like to head home Friday, but it seems I may need to stay another day. I know Larry would like me to head home Friday! Speaking of that.... is Father's Day this Sunday? I think so.....

Have a great day, ladies! Well, when you're not at the dentist at least......

Hi all!!

Beth, go ahead and take those rest days. You need it. Just take care of yourself and your mom now. Huge pants are awesome! ;) That sounds funny, doesn't it? But it is a good feeling, not that I've felt it lately. Yep, Father's Day is Sunday. Have no idea what we'll be doing. But, if the kitchen is not back together, DH may have to take a rain check on any lounging! ;)

Chris, I'm not sure what the attire would be for a semi-formal dance. At Jameson's dance, most of the boys wore shirts and ties and the girls wore dressy dresses (very short dresses). But I think a polo and dress pants are fine. Have him ask his friends what they are wearing. I wish I could get Jameson and Ian to talk with me like that! It's great on those rare occasions when they do. That premix sounds fun. I've tried to do some of those premix, but my L&G/KPC DVD seems to be messed up. I got it on ebay a few years ago and I think it's a copy. :( Jameson has a crazy social life lately, too. Much more exciting than me, that's for sure. He has three parties this week. One tomorrow night is a pool party and then they are going to the midnight showing of Toy Story 3. I wanna go!! ;)

Kathy, hopefully the dentist is all over by now! Not my favorite thing to do. Have fun with SJP!

Hottie, stop by and chat!! We miss you!

Today's workout was one of the new TurboKicks. It was fun, but they are all starting to seem the same! This one did have all guys as background exercisers, so that was different.

I think I may actually go out for a walk during lunch. It's finally not raining.

GOOD MORNING, I'M BAAAAAACK!

<update><vent>
Weekend sort of sucked. No workouts, my parents central A/C doesn't work and it was 90 and humid in NJ and my sister's home is littered with children's toys everywhere as if the kids would let me work out. I had hoped to get to Cathe's KB/BC class but the lawyers had told me that we had a meeting and then took too long to tell me that I didn't have to go. I couldn't get adjusted to sleeping right while I was there between the bed and the heat. (we had a window A/C unit but I didn't want to keep it on all night so I just stayed up all night). I tried to hustle back yesterday but between delayed flights and traffic (thank you E3, Michelle Obama, and the Lakers for culminating all together on the one day I want to go home and rest quickly), I got home later than I thought and I tried to crash but then my therapist wanted me to move our appointment which screwed with my schedule and then when I went she got stuck at her daughter's school and then traffic and didn't tell me she couldn't make the appointment until I was waiting for 30 minutes. I had to make a decision last night and I decided I was going to catch up on exercise instead of lab. Pretty happy that I made that choice mostly. I did MMA: KB last night and I did HiiT:pyramid this morning. I hope to get the next STS disc in this evening (I didn't want to do it right after a HiiT workout) and then I'll be caught up. I did go into traffic at a not opportune time but the city of LA are freaking geniuses when it comes to "detours" which took another 25 minutes to get to work. Come into work, get completely confused about a result from an experiment I did on Friday (but happy I can salvage something) and dead furious that the person who is supposed to handle ordering and receiving packages for lab materials left items ON MY DESK (where I eat) instead of MY BENCH (where chemicals should be) and didn't bother to check that one of the items should be stored at 4 degrees and this is all in light of me telling him NOT TO LEAVE CRAP ON MY DESK WHEN HE CAN'T FIND ME so I just had to send a scathing email to our second in command about dealing with it. So, I'm much more frustrated now than I was like, well, when I finished HiiT: pyramid for the FIRST time and actually DID IT ALL. Woot! But now...suck. I swear I'm close to going into a murderous rage to the next person who pisses me off in my lab. Or at least an uberbitchy rampage.
</update></vent>

I really want to catch up with you guys! I hope you all have been doing well...I should make some time to read the threads. I have other stuff I wanna talk about too...but I just wanted to check in for now and say I'm still alive and not wanted by the police for assaulting anyone.

Kathy -- keep the dentist posts going...I really need to go (but I have to do this thing where I wait at the student dental clinic and pray I'm in the first 15...)

Chris -- I think the clothing sounds fine and that you can stand after that workout. After the HiiT this morning I was like, hmm, maybe having such an extended rest is good since I was able to do it all and I'm not shaking but when I got out of my car and started walking down the steps from the parking structure I started to shake a little. Probably a vitamin deficiency more maybe...as for the fight club thing, if you send me out there, I'll beat the fight club urges out of them permanently so you parents won't have to worry about it anymore. (I want something to hit frankly physically OR verbally...don't think I'm a terrible person...)

Beth -- good for you taking the rest...besides you're off to the races in the meantime. I think my belly shrunk a little when I was gone. It's funny...it looks good when I'm standing looking in the mirror but the instant I'm on the ground doing "core" work (like last night with MMA: KB) I catch myself in the mirror in that room and it just looks disgusting. The belly is frustrating that way. I'll send you an email when I have some time later today btw...

Ok, off to figure out all the crap I need to do today.

hi Joanne! took too long to post I guess. I'm just saying "uhoh" to the kitchen comment...I guess I should read the previous posts...

Hey Girls...

Had a very nice time at Jake's class this morning. We made place mats with their pictures from the year. Very cute and sweet. And I'm going to miss his 2nd grade class AND his teacher, and this is why I get all meloncholy about the end of the school year. :( The kids were so nice, they all signed a flowerpot and planted a houseplant in it (one that you can't kill too easy) and gave it to me as a "thank you". :)

I came home and did that Premix from KPC and Legs + Glutes. I don't know if last week broke me or what, but I had a hard time with it! BUT, got through it, doing ALL the reps that I was supposed to. Except the pikes on the ball. Just one or 2 is all I could crank out.

Beth: I can imagine the disconnection you must feel. I know I've said it in the past, but I want you to know, me and my boys say a prayer for you and your mom every night! :) I hope you get some answers. I can imagine your stomach is all messed up emotionally. A nice side effect is the huge pants, I guess, if something has to be "nice". Yes, Father's Day *is* Sunday. We don't do anything much. I am going to take Greg clothes shopping tomorrow for his gift. He NEVER buys clothes and they're kind of falling apart. LOL!.

Joanne
: Thanks for the feedback on the dance. (and Beth AND Hottie too!!). He did agree to wearing Dockers/Khakis. I think it would be ok too. .. Oh ! I want to see Toy Story 3 too!!! Is that out this weekend? ... Turbo Kick sounds fun with guys! But mostly Turbo Jams and Kicks are kind of similiar. How many moves can she come up with? LOL!.

Hottie: Nice catching up with you! What a rigamarow for a schedule/plain trip/ etc. Pretty frustrating!!! And at the lab! GREAT choice on picking catching up on working out. In the end, it helps you with the rest of your day. GREAT job doing Pyramid HiiT too!!! I need to pull out one of the HiiTs , maybe tomorrow.... You are too funny! I think you might LIKE the Fight Club scene. I bet you could take these little wimpy 14 yr old boys. ALthough one of them stayed back 3 times, and he's no longer 14 and he's pretty big! LOL!. .. Have fun with your new workouts and you had BETTER tell us all about them!

Kathy: Hope the dentist is going/went ok!! Thinkign about you and grimacing!!!

It's just me and Jake for supper... I think I may make these easy Calzone thingies and a salad . Easy peasy! Except I have to do dishes too. Drats.

Chris, I'd like to think I could take on wimpy 14 year olds! Actually once my cousins came at me (out of fun) physically (they are about 11-13 at the time) and I stunned them because when they got close enough to lay a hand I pulled downtheir pants...all of their pants. Nonviolence is the answer...humiliating nonviolence.

::yawn:: I'm tired, but I'm caught up! Disc 9 done of STS. This month is just flying by...thank gosh that STS keeps me honest. Good night and see ya tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.