June 10 Check in Tuesday 15th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning......

It looks like rain today here....Not too much going on here. Lauren has drawing this afternoon and Chris and I will be running errands...My workout today is going to be Kickmax..

Talk to you all later...

Hey Chris: I read yesterday's posts and wanted to let you know that I am enjoying the June rotation. I like to mix up the workouts and do different ones. That is why I like Cathe's rotations. She does such a wonderful job of putting different workouts in there and pulling from the older stuff too. Years ago when I worked out with FIRM DVDs, I would use their rotations and they seemed to have them repeated SOOO much. And they had tons of videos to choose from. SO, I am loving Cathe's rotations....

Hi Kathy!

We finally have a SUNNY day here, but I do hear that rain you speak of is moving in for tomorrow.

Today is cardio for me, so I think I will try a run. For some reason, since I came home from DC, I have this pain in my right thigh/hip flexor area. I hope running will be ok. This week is the last week where it will be "easy" to get a run in. Next week, the kids are home for the summer! Last day is Monday (1/2 day).

I baked a big platter of brownies for the DC chaperones and am writing a thank you and bringing it to the school today. They really were very nice to me, I just felt like I wanted to do something. I think they would have appreciated a case of beer better, but not so appropriate to give teachers in school. LOL!.

Kathy: Glad you are enjoying the rotation. You are so right. Cathe's rotation always do have a ton of variety in them. I look at rotations from series like Brazillian Butt Lift, Insanity, even Jillian Michaels, and they are so limited to the SAME workouts day after day or week after week. With Cathe it's always different, going from oldies, to premixes of new ones you've never done.

So tired this morning. I really need to shake it. I had some creepy dreams about ghost in my basement. Sounds so stupid NOW that I'm typing it and it's daytime, but last night in the middle of the night, I was so creeped out (and scared of the dark! :confused:)

BBL!

Good morning! I haven't had much time on-line, but here I am quickly. Chris, sorry about your crappy night! Mine was similar, but no ghosts. :) Hey, on your hip thing -- were you carrying a purse all the time? That may be why! Not sure what to suggest for you to fix it though. Maybe some yoga? And maybe I'm saying that only because I just finished some yoga. I felt so tired this morning -- couldn't face a bodyrock workout, but yoga seemed to fit the bill.

Have a great day!!

Hi ladies! I hate when I don't get a chance to check in. I feel like I miss so much and I miss chatting with you all!!

Beth, hope all is going well with your mom. I'm sure she's glad to have you there. Are Larry and the boys with you? Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Chris, sounds like a great trip!! Mmmm, you are so nice to bring those brownies? Maybe you can sneak some beer over later. Do brownies and beer go together? ;) Maybe the combination of all that walking/sitting on the bus contributed to your hip pain? Wow, your kids go late into the summer. When do they start back up in the fall? This is our second week out of school but they go back Aug. 23. Jameson starts HS even earlier. I think that's why I have a hard time following rotations - I need more variety. Even Cathe's, sometimes I just need to mix up the instructors.

Kathy, Cathe's rotations are good - they usually don't repeat the same workout in the month. I think I just got a bit burned out on them. But when I do go back, it's like visiting an old friend!

Crazy weekend again. Let's see, quick synopsis: got my car back (yea!); Ian dropped the microwave plate on the stovetop and shattered both (not yea! :(); DH decided to rip up kitchen floor; kitchen is now a total disaster and yes, we have 50 people coming over in 11 days; bought ceramic tile for kitchen floor and started to install; prayed kitchen would be back together in time for party; Caitlyn ripped her fingernail off (ow!!!) when she was sitting on the arm of a chair outside and fell over; beat Ian and Colin in Twister (!); bought Jameson his grad present, a Mac notebook (wow, Macs are so cool and I want an iPad!!); took Colin to soccer game - I know I'm missing something, but it's all a blur now. Oh yea, fought with DH over kitchen. Why can't we do this after party? ugh!

Only got one workout in over weekend. I ran four miles Sunday, and I needed it! I snuck off without taking Tully and felt so guilty when she gave me the "I know where you went" eyes when I got back. This morning I did Rock it Out from Rockin' Body. Wow, what a surprise. I thought it would be kind of an easy workout, but it was a tough little workout and fun!! I got a new TurboKick in the mail yesterday, so that will be tomorrow's workout. :) :)

Chris, I think you asked if I was getting TurboFire. Yes!! I hope it really does come out Friday and they won't delay it.

Hottie, hope all is well!!

Joanne

HI ladies...

Checking back with Kickmax done....OH and boy do I have DOMS today. Most of them reside in my back and chest. I am also experiencing some in my glutes....It made arm work like with jumping jacks a little tough!!

Tomorrow is my first of two appointments at the dentist to have my gums deeply cleaned and I have a filling for tomorrow's appt too. Not fun....Next week I do part 2 and I have my gyno appt for the year...another boooo!!

Funny incident or spooky scary. Not sure on that. But, last night at 4 in the morning, Chris came into our room and woke me up. He told me the garage door was opening and closing. I was half asleep and was like what! So, I went downstairs to check it out and sure enough, the left side (we have slit garage doors) was opening and closing on its own. I banged on the wall button and shut it and it stayed down. But, we were so worried about why the door was doing that that we couldn't sleep. We had an early start to the day....

Anyway, good news is that 30th is when we are heading to Florida to visit my family for a week. The kids have a countdown started....

Joanne: Wow, what a weekend!! No wonder we didn't see you. I hope the kitchen gets done in time. Do you have to purchase a new stove now too. UGH!!! Oh buddy gives us those eyes to in the morning when we go for our walk. But, he is a pain to take when I am walking for fitness gains. He stops at every pole, bush, tree, etc and then doesn't want to go as long as I want to go. So, he is just a pain to take....we leave him home. I do feel slightly guilty as well...

Beth: We need those easy stretching days sometimes..

Chris: I bet being on your feet all those hours walking around DC did that to your hip. I bet it is just overworked. I think Beth is right and some extra yoga or stretching is in order there. Maybe some Tylenol too..Oh and I think your ghosts came to my house last night to wake us up with our garage door. It was pretty spooky..How did the brownie surprise go? I bet your right and beer or wine would have been greatly enjoyed after a trip like that!!!

Ok, time to get Lauren to drawing lessons. Then I need to pop in the grocery store for a few things I didn't get last time. I end up going way too many times!!

Kathy, the part of the stove that broke was the glass over the control panel. It's still all there, but it's all shattered. We have it taped down and for now it works. But once we take off the tape and glass I don't know if it would work. I'm sure it will be very expensive to replace so for now we're using the tape it down method! Does your garage have a sensor so it doesn't close on anything? Maybe something was laying under the path of the door? Ours will go up and down if there is something sticking out. Of course, that doesn't explain why it started randomly doing that in the middle of the night! Maybe the batteries are running low on the garage door opener switch? Maybe that would cause it?

Hey girls...

I went and dropped off the brownies and the thank you card at Zach's school. No one from the trip was in the office, so I left them. One of the teachers (my roommate) emailed me a thank you! She was the one that was hallucinating cases of beer in the back of a delivery truck one day in DC. LOL!!! I really wish I could have dropped off beer!

I then went for my run at the park. The weather was just picture perfect. Sunny, 70's, a breeze. oh my. I did see a little tiny snake at one point. I hate snakes. I screamed. Damn little bugger! I'm sure my scream was probably horror movie loud, since I had headphones on too! :eek: My thigh/hip flexor hurt a little. But it actually started feeling BETTER the longer I ran. But I only did 45 minutes. I really am tired, still, from the trip. (I guess that's what its from?).

I did an extra 5 minutes of stretching at home. Might do more later.

Beth: I could really use a good stretch. I mean, I did some at the park, and at home, but I really am TIRED. And I'm sure the sitting/walking did it to me. And the more I think about it, it probably was from all that sitting on the bus. I carried a small backpack, but it was on the other side from what hurts.

Joanne: O.M.G ... Your weekend was NUTS!!! :eek::eek: I remember a few years ago, I threw a measuring cup towards the sink, and it hit the front of the oven door. It SHATTERED everywhere! It was awful! At that time, we ended up finding replacement glass from the company and replacing it. ... OUCH on Caitlyns nail!!! . YOU beat the boys in Twister? I'm impressed! .... SWEET on the imac notebook!! I actually have nothing planned for Zach for graduation. Is that bad? I'm more pissed at him than anything, since he brought home a VERY bad progress report for this semester (in danger of failing 2 subjects!!!). Maybe I should have a party. but then again, maybe he can just go to someone else's party. LOL!. ... YAY for the run! Poor Tully!!!!... But it feels good to run by yourself. At least I think. .... I want Turbo Fire NOW! At least you have a new TK to keep you busy!

Kathy: I have pretty good DOMS in my tri's and chest too! It's been a while since I lifted heavy (been doing circuits). NICE! it sure does feel good to stretch though. ... Nice job on KM today! ... How exciting you guys are going to FL!!! Something to look forward to, and it's coming up quick!!!. As mush as Joanne's post about her Caitlyn losing a nail made me grimace, YOUR post about Deep Gum Cleaning and GYN appt made me grimace more!! Have fun with that :confused: ... I know, I went to the grocery store yesterday AND today too. And I go today JUST for a few things, and buy a crapload of stuff. I'm a supermarket's best dream, I swear! .... And I'll try to keep my ghosts from invading your home tonight! LOL!...

Miss ya Hottie!!!!!!!

Better go start some supper!

I know, I didn't post any details about Caitlyn's nail because it was just too..I don't know...horrific, for lack of a better word! OMG - this is the first time as a parent that I almost totally freaked. Didn't know what to do. Called the doctor and she calmed me a bit. I was so queasy and shaky. Caitlyn was barely crying - she was just so horrified, she just kept saying "I hate being me" with this look of terror on her face. Still haven't taken the bandaid off cause she freaks everytime I tell her we need to. DH said he couldn't deal with it at all, so it was all me.

Chris, Ian saw a snake at the park the other day. Really weird - we never see snakes around here. I saw something somewhere (can't remember where) about there being more snakes around than usual. This is a weird summer so far. An incredible amount of rain, lots of storms, and snakes. Ick! I love runs in weather like that. That's how my Tully-less run was. ;) No, it's not bad you have nothing planned! I'm beginning to wish we didn't! I don't mind having the party, but it's been chaos around the house getting ready for it and now the kitchen is a disaster. I get stressed about this stuff, but no one probably notices. And, we're setting a precedent for the other kids to have grad parties. So, we'll have Caitlyn's communion next year, Ian's 8th grade graduation the next, then Colin's 8th graduation, then, I think it will be Jameson's HS graduation! Yikes!

I'm craving chocolate.....I must resist....oh, who am I fooling, off to the vending machine...

Joanne! OMG, your weekend! Poor Caitlyn! And, I guess we know you well enough now to know that if you have a crowd of people coming in, your going to be doing some major housework, and I don't mean cleaning!!! Too crazy! Good luck with all of that.

Kathy, why is it that stuff like that always has to happen in the middle of the night?! Yuck! I'll bet you never did go back to sleep very well. I wonder if there's a short somewhere or something.

Chris, Larry's thought on graduation gifts is "no gifts for milestones! Rewards for accomplishments" (and hardly any of those!). So, I gave Travis a card, but nothing in it.

Snakes.... it's a really bad year for snakes up our way -- we have seen a lot more than usual!

It's been a long day and it's not over yet..... quick break here is all. Manana, I guess.....

HI ladies...

Yes, there is probably something wrong with the garage door. Vic is going to have our handy with things neighbor come over and take a look. It was just so weird...And we never did get back to sleep good. Vic was out watering the lawn at about 5am...So, by 9 or 10 this morning it felt like afternoon...

Oh and I HATE snakes big time. I am so afraid. I would have been screaming Chris. I am a baby when it comes to the things...

OH yeah...I want some of that chocolate too...YUMMY!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.