June 10 Check in Monday 28th************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

I am planning on doing some cardio today along with my walk...Not sure what it will be. I was leaning toward cardio Fusion. We will see if I am up to that...I also have some laundry piled up. So, I will be doing that and doing some house cleaning while I get some packing done for our trip...

Be back later to chat...

Morning Kathy! I did so much laundry yesterday...I do not envy you! I don't have Cardio Fusion though I've been eyeing it for some time. Have fun with your cardio.

Today is the second day of my active recovery week. I had intended to do a HiiT workout since I wanted to get in early with Joe today but he's still out because of him being sick. So, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do right now. Should I let him stay home all day and rest and go into work? Or should I wait to see if he feels more up to it and take him into work late (as I have the car)? He was stressing out about work so I'm not sure what to do without waking him. In the meantime, I'll take Evee on the 1.2 mi route I take her on and then feed her (Evee gets walked/run before she gets fed in AM but usually Joe does that...)

Let you guys know what I eventually do!

Good morning! Hottie, maybe Joe will be up soon and you can figure it out.

Kathy, good luck with the trip preparations.... that always takes me longer than I think -- it's as if I still think I'm packing for just me or something. You'd think I'd learn! :)

I've got to do some laundry today, too.... I think it's going to be hot again... not sure what I am doing with these kids! They do not like to do much when it's hot. Maybe I'll try to find a pool to visit.

I did Bob's Yoga this morning -- I really liked it! It's more of a workout than a stretch, which I like, but there was just some stretching at the end. It was a good mix and went pretty quickly. Sometimes when I do yoga I'm just looking at the clock the whole time -- not so with this. I was sweating and breathing hard!

Joanne, we can't wait to hear the party report! Waves to Chris! I was wondering about that patient last night......

Hi ladies...

Just finished up with cardio Fusion...I was sweating buckets!! Great workout....Tomorrow I plan to do weight work with some cardio. I was thinking of doing on of my FIRM workouts. We'll see...I have gotten one load of laundry done and one in the dryer. I think I still have about 3 left. Then I will have everything done before we go. I would also like to get the house vacuumed too. I may do that tomorrow though...Don't know!

Hottie: What did you end up doing? I always debate about waking Vic up when I get up. He just lounges most of the time forever...Anyway, great job getting Eevie on that walk. We need to do that more with Buddy....He just doesn't like to go for very long..

Beth: I know. It always seems to take me longer to pack and get things ready then I think it will. That is why I need to start today. Glad Bob's yoga was a good one. I need to do more yoga and stretching. All I have been doing lately is the stretch at the end of a DVD....

HI Chris!!

Joanne: Hope the party went well this weekend..

Oh yeah.... cardio fusion..... I meant to mention.... I think that is on my list of virgin dvds! I'm not sure if I've done it or not, honestly. But since I can't remember, I say I haven't done it, so that's coming up sometime in the next couple of weeks.

hey guys. I ended up doing the 4DS KB Cardio only section. My hamstrings are really tight still so HiiT wasn't in me. Joe's sick and taking care of him...is a challenge sometimes! I have to go into work at least for a little bit but the guy doesn't know how to take care of himself when he's sick unless that means eating processed sugar crap while watching Invader Zim off the netflix. Seriously, it comes down to me saying, GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH NOW even though he knows its one of the best ways to kill bacteria housed in throat. I swear with all the crap this past year, I think he's managed to kill any urge to have children (though the plethora of people telling me I couldn't really handle it in the past year helped that more). Sigh. I'm just going to work here for a couple hours and go back. There are plenty of things I can do at the house and as long as I keep on getting something done every day at lab I feel better.

Oh I went on a cleaning binge yesterday. I decided to throw out everything that had expired and unused for some time. I cleared out so much space!! What i did in the bathroom itself was amazing...we have so much room under our sink now. The biggest culprits? Joe's purple hair dye from BEFORE we started DATING. Geez.

Kathy -- the walking evee thing is a good thing...its really helped with obedience. Before, it used to be such a chore to walk her because she'd pull and lead and sniff and not take to our commands. Now, she's loose leash next to me (unless there's another pooch or bike coming), automatically stops at all corners, waits for me, etc. She occasionally wants to travel to sniff but if I say no and heel she'll follow my lead. I know its helped Joe with running her...I can see them out the window and its Joe running in front of her and she's following despite the fact that I know Evee can leave Joe in her dust. I mean, she likes the walks too but its really helped in training her. We didn't go on the long walk in the end though...half of the route but she she seemed happy. Vacuuming is the one chore I like to do..but I'm a freak...

Beth -- btw, I wanted to say that I have to treat my memberships as helping the organization. That's why I give money to the zoo but not to the mouse. (The mouse has enough money.) And I think my zoo membership counts as a tax deduction. its hot and humid (for pasadena) today...i can't seem to push the hot air out of the house. if Joe didn't go out of commission he was supposed to try and do the next step of installing the attic fans he bought almost a year ago. I keep on telling him its going to save us so much on our electricity bill but the attic scares me so I don't do it myself.

WAVES TO CHRIS AND JOANNE! I want party updates!

Quickie for now. I ended up doing my workout and then driving Zach for his newspapers. It's SOOOO muggy/sticky out, I felt bad for him riding his bike. He drove me crazy, pulling his shorts down and making his boxers stick out the entire way.

Anyways, I did TURBO FIRE 30 again! My HR was even higher, since I'm not so well rested on Mondays. It kicked my butt! I did shoulders , calves and core from 4DS afterwards. Ohhhh, those shoulders were on fire too!

Gotta run, shower, dinner... Today is Alex's first day of Tae Kwon Do. He better not come home kicking and making "karate noises" again! :confused:

Chris, I forgot to mention that we watched the Alice movie last night finally.... we enjoyed it! Amazing what they can make these days. Larry missed it because he was really sick -- just feeling flu like, sort of, and as soon as he finished the antibiotics for the staph infection, he got a rash all over his body. They told him to take some benadryl and watch it, and it does seem to be clearing.

So, two sickies in bed today, Hottie. I've gotten some stuff done, but not a lot. Funny about the old hair dye!!!

Hey again, girls!

Got all my stuff done! :) Made pancakes for the boys, and for me, an asparagus, tomato and onion omelette! YUM!

Kathy: CF is a LONG tough cardio! Good job on getting that one done! Laundry is neverending here too. And yes, I despise packing, because I always think I'll forget something and I OVER pack, always!

Beth: That Bob Yoga sounds good! I will eventually get the Bob workouts. But this Turbo Fire is making me happy for now. I'm actually down a few lbs than I usually am after the weekend, and I think I owe it to Turbo Fire pushing me harder! And the extra cardio. .... Today was so bad outside ... SOOOO muggy. The dewpoints are like up in the 70's! . Nasty. My boys did very little too, except errands with Greg, and Al did his Tae Kwon Do. ... I'm glad you guys liked Alice too! Didn't you just want to take Johnny Depp home at the end? He was so sweet. And so whacky!. Was it scary for Travis? ... sorry Larry is sick. At least he finished the antibiotics. hope he's ok and gets better fast! ... How's your mom doing, Beth? Been thinking about her!.... . The Jehovah Witness patient at work is hanging in there, miraculously , really. His blood counts today were 3 and 8. (Remember, NORMAL is 15 and 46!). He can't even sit up with out his heartrate ZOOMING and getting all out of breath. His blood pressures have been good though. He seriously is a time bomb, ticking! ... So sad. I know the doctor had a serious talk with him yesterday. I do hope he's said goodbye to his kids and wife. Though I suppose there is always a chance of a miracle, right? They do happen.

Hottie: OH my goodness, Joe sounds like a teenager! LOL!. Though when Greg interacts with the boys, he acts like them too. It's kind of scary. I do believe men essentially are 'boys' forever. I hope he feels better though. And stops stressing you out!... NICE job on 4DS KB today, and did you do Core Max too? .... Evee has come a long way on her walking manners! I remember you saying how she pulled constantly! I saw a woman doing a run with 2 dogs. She had them tied onto a belt on her waist. Didn't seem like such a good idea to me! LOL!

Work was CRAZY last night! Really busy. My "cute pleasantly confused elderly woman" went BALLISTIC and became agitated and angry and paranoid. It was actually due to the doctor. he took her off a med that chilled her out. Thanks so much! I had a very sick man too. This guy in his late 30's has HIV and also developed Burkitts Lymphoma (associated with HIV). He's failed treatment, essentially, but wanted to fight more and wanted more chemo, which he got. He is SOOO sick. Constant medications, and transfusions, fevers, antibiotics. He's a nice man too. His family is so nice and devoted to him. ...

So right now, my eldest BOY, Greg, is fighting with Zach about video games. *sigh*

Gonna chill out and watch some indulgent TV in a bit: The Bachelorette. I know, cheesy, but I like to watch mindless TV when I'm tired!

Joanne: YOU are leaving us in suspense on the party!!! And did you do Turbo Fire again? I found out what the 2 different schedules were about. The one in the book is the PREP one, for people who aren't so in shape and need to start slower. The one on the fold out paper (that's the one I'm doing) is for people who are already fit and want to push it.

Chris, I cannot believe that patient is still hanging on! I thought for sure you were going to say he didn't make it. Gosh, it sounds like a tough night!

My mom is doing ok, but just ok. She had a horrible week last week -- just in lots of pain all the time. I think they are still trying to adjust her meds to make her more comfortable. She is not wearing the brace they want her to wear each time she gets up, and that's not good -- for all we know she is breaking her bones each time she moves. I don't know. So, no sign that she's coming home any time soon -- they are still taking her by ambulance to radiation each day, and obviously we can't be doing that from home.

You guys are going to laugh at me.... I previewed kick punch and jam (TJ) this afternoon and I don't think I've ever done it!!! Sheesh, maybe I'll want TF after all (I hope not for $$ sake). I'm going to do it tomorrow, instead of supersets, which I had on tap, so yes, I'm already flipping around my rotation, but that's ok!!! :)

Chris, too funny about your oldest boy fighting about video games! Sometimes I'm so grateful that Larry is so not into that at all.

We may watch Sherlock Holmes tonight.....

Oh, p.s. great news about not being up after the weekend! You go! I'm trying to get a little extra cardio in here and there this summer too, since I'm not making it into work!!! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.