June 10 Check in Monday 21rst************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

The kids and I are getting ready to go for our walk in a little while. When we get back I will be jumping into the original bootcamp workout...Not too much going on here..I have laundry to do later and the beds to put new sheets on...Lauren has a friend coming over this afternoon...

Ok, hope that everyone had a great weekend!!!

Be back after the walk and workout...

Hi Kathy, and all! Happy Monday..... last day of school, right, Chris? Woot! Hope work was better last night!

Chris and Joanne, I posted yesterday about doing a P90X rotation.... I'm game if you are..... I think it'd be fun to be in sync if we can coordinate it. Let me know when you want to start.

This morning I did more Trainer Bob's. I did one that's called Butt and Balance that I liked, and then followed it with Bob's Workout #2, which was a sort of circuit workout with some cardio some weights, but trying to have cardio factor throughout. It would have succeeded with that better if they had an exerciser who actually could have done the workout without croaking every few minutes. That part bothered me..... I had to add in some things and reps. The whole thing was not a huge calorie burner unless my HRM is on the fritz, which either it is, or that bodyrock work I have been doing has made it harder for me to get my heart rate up. I'm not sure which is the case!!

I've got to get some stuff done today! That's my plan...... ;) Waves to Hottie -- how's that parade treating you? At least you're getting in a good workout, eh?

Hi again ladies..

We had a great walk. We took Buddy. So, he slowed us down a little at the beginning. But, we tied him to a tree in the shade and he relaxed and watched us finish. Then, I did the original bootcamp when I got back. Right now I am doing my laundry. I am on load 3 right now about to pu 4 in the washer. Monday is always extra with the bed sheets. Then, there is more lately now that the pool is open. We have more towels to do and such....Anyway, I don't mind the wash. But, I sure hate to iron the clothes that don't make it out unwrinkled!! I am hoping to get them out right away to avoid some of that....

Beth: How do those Bob workouts compare to Cathe's in intensity? It sounds like not too close and his are not as intense? Right?

Waves to everyone else!!!

Hey Girls!

Kathy: You're doing great! You're inspiring me to want to figure out adding extra cardio into my summer. Gotta think of something. ... the original BC is a good one! ..OMG, I LOL @ you ironing and doing sheets every Monday. I *never* iron clothes! Only for special occasions. If the dryer sits too long, I put it on the "de-wrinkle" setting for 10 minutes. And sometimes my clothes have wrinkles ! LOL!.

Beth: I do want to do a P90X rotation, BUT, Turbo Fire is on it's way, and I want to play with that for a bit. Maybe in a month or so? I hope I didn't get you excited to do it, and then chop down your tree (what?). I'm tired. .... The Bob workout sounds pretty decent. I know I read on OD somewhere that people were annoyed that the exercisers kept saying "Bob" in every sentence. "I can do it, Bob". "This is a tough one, Bob", etc etc. LOL!.

Work last night was better 'busy'-wise. I kept with my 4 patients and knew the routine , so it was a little less hectic. But I mostly kept busy. Had an even harder time taking care of the Jehovah Witness patient. His blood counts were tanking, and seriously, I felt like I was taking part in killing him. There is NO way he's going to survive the chemotherapy. No way. I truly think he'll be dead in a week. Ethically, I was having a horrible time participating in his care. I even got to the point where I could see sticking to his religious beliefs, but he should have NEVER been allowed to take chemotherapy. He could live a little longer (not a TOn longer, maybe a month or so?) with no chemo, and just symptom treatment. And spent the time at home with his family.

*sigh*

Today is the last day of school! 1/2 day! Alex and Zach went to parties after school, Jake is home. Zach apparently didn't fail, they gave him a "diploma" of sorts saying he graduated from 8th grade in a awards ceremony this morning. I would have loved to go, but I could have puked from being so tired (and Imight have at the ceremony!). ..... Greg went , though.

Better go get started on my workout. This week I'm planning on doing 4DS, but with 2 days of extra cardio. And I might switch up on the cardio on weight day too. Today I think I'm going to do AS, and then the weights from LIS, Shoulders Core and calf!

Made it to work alive. spent more time around the edge of campus than on the freeway. But I expected that. Did AS and STS Disc 10 this morning. I woke up late and Joe was late so everything started late. And I took breaks during AS. Not as long as I intended but eh, at least I did it. It's sure a fun workout. I still don't know why its MET value is less than the MMAs on the workout manager -- do you guys agree? And wow the last STS workout for chest, bi's and shoulders...on the last drop set of shoulders I could barely left the 5lbs over my head. I hope they got stronger though...but its hard to use my arms right now!

Kathy -- I'm a dunce with an iron. When my mom comes over, she irons and starches all of Joe's and mine shirts and pants because i'm a dunce. When Joe was at his worst with me, I felt like I was doing laundry all the time because he changes 4x a day. I don't care for laundry in general because joe is picky about the way he wants things folded. I'v figured out how to do his socks and underwear correctly but I've given up on his t-shirts. I just leave a pile of them for him and handle everything else.

Beth -- HAHA -- I still hate the Lakers. But I got a good workout in, lunch, and a therapy appointment so it works I guess. Oh I wanted to say about the strip mall thing...you know, after coming back from Strip Mall Mecca (=South Jersey) I was relieved to be back in LA! I think Ventura county is a bit more like that, but if you want space, I guess you'd have to go near San Diego. I actually find Pasadena to be sorta of unique... it has a concentrated town feel but with suburban aspects as well. It was weird, I had to drop by Caltech for the notary and just driving off the freeway there it was like, this can't possibly be the same Pasadena I came from (since it was so much cement and little green)...and then I go into Caltech Campus and its something different too. It's almost like a patchwork town I think. That said, I have a fear of being too far in the middle of nowhere. Who will know if joe has murdered me and chopped me up in the woods? No one, that's who. (Yes, I have a weird dark sense of humor.) I would have thought with your buff arms you wouldn't have been scared of a chainsaw at all! ;)

Chris -- Yay, last day of school! And no failing! i'm sorry about the Jehovah's witness. If it matters, my lab is working on something that's supposed to help people withstand chemo as part of our cancer grant...so it might make it easier for people like him soon (though we don't put no blood transfusions in our protocol)...I can't imagine how frustrating that is. Actually, this is why I think I need to run my own business because I can't deal with working with stupid people (yes, I know its religion, but this is beyond me). Honestly, my friends will tell me, don't work here there are too many stupid people and you'd make them cry. Eek, that's everywhere now. Would you want to get something like what I got for Joe for Greg? If you want, if I see the sale, I can tell you. Just for reference, I got everything but the intermediate chest for $90 after tax: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...ls&cName=Tool+Storage&sName=Tool+Chest+Combos. But it's not ball bearing/quiet glide. But Joe doesn't have enough tools to warrant me spending 5x as much for it, you know?

Hmm...where are my priorities? Instead of going to my bench first i came here to chat with you!

JOANNE!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!! :)

Yes, Joanne is MIA this Monday again..... we miss you, jojobean!

On the Bobs..... I'd say they are as intense as Cathe's.... just that one workout is annoying with the guy stopping. If it really were filmed as Bob had intended, it would have been much more intense. I haven't tried the cardio one yet -- I'm a little afraid.... maybe tomorrow. Funny that people complained about them saying "Bob" a lot -- I didn't notice that, but I did notice some "sirs" that bugged me a little.

On P90X..... no problem, girl! Of course you want to mess around with turbofire! There's such a funny thread on vf about how the only person who has already gotten it had her daughter's wedding yesterday, so couldn't review it. Funny because everyone is questioning her priorities. I'm really anxious to hear how they are.... I don't know if I'll get them or not. Whenever you're ready.... I have plenty to keep me busy!!

I didn't even think about how that patient's course of treatment (or lack thereof) would make you feel as a nurse -- that's horrible! And it does seem really strange that they can have chemo, but not blood transfusions (from a religious standpoint), and bad judgement to give him the chemo knowing that he would refuse a blood transfusion. Ug!!

Hottie, you would not like it at my house.... no one around! I think my SF friend has a really hard time sleeping here because she's afraid someone is going to attack her. It's so crazy! But, I guess it says something about what a good friend she is that she is still always willing to come down here and stay. I think I may have told you that my cousin lives in Sierra Madre, right? So, I think I've seen the parts that are more "town" like.

Chainsaws are scary, no matter who you are. Larry, with a large number of hours operating them (since his college job was tree trimming) still managed to have a nice accident a year ago or whenever.... I think I told you guys about that. He's so lucky he didn't take his arm off. So, I think I'll just stay away and use my "buff" arms for the hand saw. :D

Took the kids to the ice rink today, and after a half hour or less they decided they'd rather play roller hockey. So much for the NHL.

Beth -- it's totally because my mother made my sister and me paranoid as a child to fear everything around us. We're older and we both know better but we still have a hard time shaking it off. Larry was a timberman? that's pretty cool -- I just always imagined ubergeeky computer programmer...you know, like every guy I dated except for Joe (he was still ubergeeky just not a programmer).That's too funny about the ice rink! If I recally, Sierra Madre is more spread out than Pasadena...its like right next to Arcadia which is strip mall central on the east side....which is weird because the arboretum is right there. But there you go, you drive down Huntington and pick your franchise. Did your cousin ever take you to the Arboretum? I should drop by before it gets too warm. I'm going to try and go to the wild animal park this weekend and I'm telling enough people to prevent me from chickening out on the zipline: http://californiadaytrips.blogspot.com/2009/04/san-diego-wild-animal-park-zip-line.html

That said, my heart is already racing so maybe I should just stick to looking...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.