July 14, 2022

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Attention Cathe Live Subscribers, Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 9:30am EST we’ll be doing “Total Body Compound Core” Live! Another intense mix of core intensive compound moves with a splash of cardio. These metabolic moves will surely have your body “work-working” hard.

Equipment Needed:

Handweights from 5lb -15lbs

A Fitness Mat
FEAF8556-B894-4505-840F-3588FDF71579.png

I'm back to rave again about this workout....I just finished doing the "whole thing" (I'll be honest, I only watched yesterday :).... but my mind didn't change, I love this workout.
It's just shy of 45 min. When I started, I thought I would only do half of it and then skip forward to the stretch, but I just kept going......There are only 3 little cardio blasts and
all doable completely low impact. In fact, on the first one, "shuffle Shuffle drop" around
the mat, I find that I cannot do shuffles very well on the carpet...my shoes I guess grab
the carpet and I tend to stumble a little. But in CL Functional Fitness, she does this
one and show modification of doing grapevines instead...which is what I do....(good to
have a CatheLive moves library in your head ;) ) The compound moves are good,
and all seem to involve your core one way or the other, without actually getting down
and doing situps.....etc. The moves are done at a good, controlled pace so you can
do them without feeling rushed. Much to my surprise, I was able to do everything!
Even on the 1 arm snatch, then she hops forward, back, I simply did "step up,up,
back,back and there was enough time to do that and not fall behind. Thanks again
for a another winner.....

I'm back to rave again about this workout....I just finished doing the "whole thing" (I'll be honest, I only watched yesterday :).... but my mind didn't change, I love this workout.
It's just shy of 45 min. When I started, I thought I would only do half of it and then skip forward to the stretch, but I just kept going......There are only 3 little cardio blasts and
all doable completely low impact. In fact, on the first one, "shuffle Shuffle drop" around
the mat, I find that I cannot do shuffles very well on the carpet...my shoes I guess grab
the carpet and I tend to stumble a little. But in CL Functional Fitness, she does this
one and show modification of doing grapevines instead...which is what I do....(good to
and all seem to involve your core one way or the other, without actually getting down
and doing situps.....etc. The moves are done at a good, controlled pace so you can
do them without feeling rushed. Much to my surprise, I was able to do everything!
Even on the 1 arm snatch, then she hops forward, back, I simply did "step up,up,
back,back and there was enough time to do that and not fall behind. Thanks again
I totally agree. I just finished this one as well and really liked it. I did a few modifications myself due to a slight injury that is finally healing. Had a lot of fun and it didn't seem like 45 mins until I was done and the sweat kept coming. Thanks Cathe for another fun workout.

Such awesome feedback Aqua Girl ❤️ Yes, I slowed this one way down because lots of control and extra stabilization required putting heavier weights overhead. And the cardio I inserted was just enough to keep you in active recovery while getting a break from the constant grip on the weights. I was exhausted at the end Ha Ha
Glad you loved it!

I totally agree. I just finished this one as well and really liked it. I did a few modifications myself due to a slight injury that is finally healing. Had a lot of fun and it didn't seem like 45 mins until I was done and the sweat kept coming. Thanks Cathe for another fun workout.
Love the feedback firemedic! Yes the time flew by and I was sweating up a storm too
Glad to hear your being very wise and careful as your train around your injury. Glad to hear your almost healed up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.