July 10 Check in Weekend 10th/11th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

We got a late start today. Vic was still sleeping so I couldn't get on the computer. Then I made breakfast..Ok, we finally got rain this morning..YEAH!!! we needed it BAD around here. The grass looked like hay....

Today's workout for me will be High Step Challenge...Time for all those leg presses...Then I have some errands to run. We have friends coming tonight from out of town....

Be back later...

Good morning, Kathy, and all! Enjoy those leg presses!! Our hills are basically hay in the summer -- that's California, but it must be strange for you! I loved going to Madison in the summer and seeing how green it is.

I have the 5k in a little while, so I'm just hydrating.... hopefully not too much, if you know what I mean! ;) It seems sunnier this morning, so I'm wondering if by 8:30 it'll be hot. It's about 56 now. I want it to stay cool! Joanne, if you're there, I'm really hoping I might be under 30 -- I think that might be a first for me. I tried looking up my times last night but I couldn't find more than a few of them.... anyway, it looked like the fastest was 30:18, so I definitely would like to beat that. That was in 1997, and I ran more regularly back then, but I have a feeling my cardio capacity is better these days -- I didn't know how to push myself!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Did Hottie get the cupcakes last night? I'll have to check.....

P.S. Hottie, I want to try that chai..... oh, and I meant to tell you that I like that dress! Which reminds me that, like Chris, I think you are way more girly than I am, too! I never wear dresses unless it's super hot and I can wear them with tevas or something..... and, I never go to spas, pretty much.....

'Mornin' girls!!!!

127fs1601347.gif

It's raining here too! Kind of nice for a change. Our grass is "hay" colored too, Kathy. I can't bring myself to water it, I just feel like it's a waste of water, ya know? So today, Mother Nature waters it!

Kathy: Oh leg presses! :confused: Let us know how the workout goes, and enjoy your evening with friends!!

Beth: Good luck on the race today!!! I'm thinking "under 30" thoughts for you AND "under 70 degrees" thoughts for you too!

I'm off to do TF, HiiT 25. I like that these short Hiits come on Saturdays, when I have little time. My first 25 though! I will survive!!!

BBL!

Hey again!

Finished HiiT 25. Holy moly! SweatY and tough. I love that I can get that intense workout in such little time. I did the standing stretches from Stretch 10 too.

Oh, wanted to talk to you guys about Tuesday 13th into Wednesday 14th this coming week. I read on OD that the forums are going to be down, so let's make sure we have each others email addresses, ok?

Does anyone need mine? I'll PM it to you!

I think I have everyones!

Oh Chris, that's right.... thanks for the reminder on the forum issue. I know I have your email and hottie's, but not sure I have Kathy's or Joanne's. Maybe you could start a group email that morning? I'll be driving down to my mom's on the 13th, and then busy with her discharge / getting settled, so I may not be around much that day anyway.

The 5k.... well, my endurance was apparently shot, as I thought it might be. Took me 34 minutes and I cannot blame the heat.... it was warm, but not hot. A good, fun run though. Travis came in second for the kids under 14 -- he was sort of disappointed, too.

We then played an almost two hour, I think, srabble game, sitting on the floor, and my legs/butt are just killing me now!!!

Larry's mom tried to run to greet them yesterday, and fell. She was bleeding a bunch, but that seemed it. Well, last night at bed time they saw her hip was swelling, and even though they figured it was nothing, the assisted living place insisted they take her to the hospital, so at 10:30 or whatever, they are at the hospital with her. Ug! And, it was nothing -- if she had broken her hip she would have been in so much pain.

I need to go eat a second lunch.... :p

Maybe I should make the google group this weekend to see if we like that more. Chris could you send me everyone's email?

Ok, so Joe came home and we were getting ready to go to bed and he really screwed up. I didn't go off the handle but I was upset and the next two hours it him apologizing and stuff but MAN I'm tired of this stuff now. I ended up taking an AMbien to sleep and felt like crap when I woke up. I ate something and now I showered and I feel a ton better. There is nothing more cleansing to my spirit than a shower I think. I put on my outfit from feelfitwear...the capris are so freaking comfortable. The bra top is cute...but I Think my boobs are too big for it. Like they're pouring out! I'm like a C+/D cup so it ain't that bad, but it looks sorta bad (Not in the front where there's cleavage...I mean there's cleavage, but mor ein the sides where its sorta gotta pushed and oozing over). I'm going to have to find some solution for it.

I have the Back and Biceps today. I was supposed to have two students but one student's grandfather passed away and I told her it was cool to reschedule so I have more time to get the workout in.

Ok, so I had a very terrifying though here. I was going to do the whole STS 3.5 month rotation right? Well...I was thinking, its just periodization so as long as I change the period I'm still "shocking" my body. Right now, I have it scheduled where the last day of STS is right before my friends wedding. That's great and all but I sure wouldn't mind losing some more weight before then! So I was thinking...would it be so awful to do a month rotation of TF before I start meso3? Would i be screwing up with the point of STS? Because this whole time I've been thinking, I'll get it and do it after I come back from the wedding and finish STS. But maybe...

Ok, let's see if any of you enable me...

Kathy -- our lawn is actually green. I think its because of the automatic sprinkler and not having a real summer yet. Oh those leg presses...so many of them. I had to do on lower height in the beginning...

Beth -- Did Larry like that tea? (its my all time fav green tea) I used to not be so girly. Actually, I think my sister's head exploded in NJ when someone called me girly. Anyway, its my sis that exposed me to spas and that kinda stuff and its really one of the few places where I sit and relax and take care of myself. I've been accused of being vain (for you know, shaving my legs and combing my hair when I went to a school where a shower was a rarity) but I think there's an important balance between pampering yourself and relaxation and everything else you have to do. I do hate that it costs so much money though. My therapist thinks I slum it up always with my discounts and that I go to day spas as opposed to spa spas. But I will take any day the little asian woman I could crush by sitting on her that gives me the best thai massage in teh world in a small CLEAN room on Venice Blvd for $50 than paying $200 to do at the Loews Coronado. When I go up to see you one day, I'll show you how to spa on the cheap!

Chris -- so did you talk to your boys about the FF game? Let me know if they'd want to try. How do you think TF fares compared to the HiiT workouts from Cathe?

Crap, I've had this window open for hours now!

Good morning, sleepyheads! I did not sleep well last night! Ug, but, when I did finally get up (finally at 5:30 or whatever it was), I was up for working out. I did Bob's Strength. It didn't seem as tough last time -- not sure if I went lighter on the weights or what. My hammies are still soooo soooo sore from not stretching after the run yesterday.

Was so lazy yesterday afternoon.... today I have to do some errands and chores! I cannot have a repeat performance!

Hottie, I don't know how much you'd be messing with stuff to skip a month before meso 3, but personally, from my experience, I wouldn't jump right into meso 3. I think I'd repeat a couple of weeks of meso 2 first maybe. I don't know..... I just know that's how I injured myself!

Larry didn't have much comment on the tea..... that's just kinda' how he is. I was thinking about trying to get some for my friend who suffers from IBS though.

World Cup finals today -- anyone into it? I think we will be too busy to watch.....

Chris, how was work? Is it still raining Chris/Kathy? And Joanne, did your family get off to the cabin by now? It's going to be so quiet without them, isn't it?! Travis was commenting last night that he likes how much quieter the house is with only the two of us there. I don't think he recognizes the fact that much of the noise, even when they're here, comes from him, too! :D Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday!!

Sorry, I have NO time (leaving in 4 minutes).

Decent night at work, even though we have NO staff to work on our unit anymore (2 Full Time RN's left recently, and we are sucking wind).

I was lucky enough not to have "Prince gone bad" patient. But he's still there, and do I have a story for you!

Quickly:

Beth: Hi-5's for completing the race!!!! Not too bad on time! COuld have been worse.

Hottie: I'm not so sure you should take a month off between M2 and M3. Unless you REALLY adjust your weights, because you'll lose SOME strength gains in that month.

REALLY GOTTA GO! :eek:

See you guys manana!!!!

Hi ladies...

Beth: Way to go on the 5K. That is awesome!! Great that Travis ran with you too!!

Ok, We had a busy day...I got up and made breakfast for my family and the friends from out of town. They will be back on Saturday on their way back home after they spend this week at the beach in NJ....Then, I had some errands to run. Target, Walmart and grocery store...After I did all that, I got to my workout. Today was Power Max...

Now, it is time to wind down for the night and get ready for another week....

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Ugh, it was one of of those weekends. Didn't do much yesterday and then Joe and I got into another fight before bed (almost about the same stuff too)...it got bad. This morning I still was ick and I ended up throwing up after Evee threw up in our bed. I actually had to stop Joe from pushing her to the carpet because I was like, cleaning up a duvet color is so much easier than carpet if she needs to throw up. Joe went to the dentist and they let me slide on the appointment..seriously, who wants to clean the mouth of someone who just threw up? I watched the OT of the World Cup. I wanted the Netherlands to win but oh well. I did Disc 15 today -- pretty fun. Wish I did it yesterday instead though! Only real problem was I can't seem to do math when it comes to putting weight on my barbell. My MCAT student came today and I really just lit up with physics. She teased me at one point calling me cute for getting so excited to do these classic problems (you have a string from the ceiling and you have it rotating in a circle, or how to calculate the incline of an offramp off of a freeway, etc). Sometimes I seriously think of making this into a real business...

Beth -- still scared of Meso 3, huh? Don't blame you. I like plyo legs from Meso 3 a lot but I remember having such a problem holding the barbell for my crappy forearm strength. Its cool if Larry didn't like the tea though I recommend for the summer everyone try that fireside chai -- almost everyone I've given it to loves it. Awesome on the 5K! At least you do them! I can't seem to awaken my inner runner.

Kathy -- ugh, why would they want to go to nj ;)? Maybe to see Cathe. I need to go to the grocery store as well. I can't believe the weekend is over already!

Chris -- I wanna hear the story! Hope you have another easy night!

Hmm...hours before I go to bed...what else can I eat?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.