July 10 Check in Friday 9th************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies.....

Today I am hoping to start the July rotation. So, my workout is going to be Imax...We also need to go to the grocery store, post office and the library. I think that is all...

Ok, time to get everyone up. I would like to start the power walking again today. I might meet with resistance though. I may start them on Monday!!!

WOW! You girls were very chatty last night! I was not even NEAR getting the cupcake!!! :p

Just a quick stop for me right now. I have to take the boys to the dentist for cleanings (al and jake) and then since we're close by, the bank, and the library. And THEN I'll come home and do my workout. Which is going to be FIRE 45 EZ Class (my first time with this one) and hopefully can sqeeze in 4DS Bi's and Back!

Probably not PC, but I do not miss Cathe's cardio at all since starting Turbo Fire. Is that bad?

I'll be back later to chat!!!!

Morning...just got up a little ago. Going to shove a light breakfast in my mouth and start Step Moves shortly after it digests. I'm definitely liking the first week of this month's rotation more than the last!

Kathy -- I hope you can get them to power walk with you. I saw walking poles in the store when you were in Florida and thought of you....I can handle having weights in my hands but I think weighted poles are too much for you. what's the first workout of the july rotation?

Chris -- its not a problem you don't miss Cathe's cardio...but making it even harder not to buy it! You don't even miss the step? Hope you have a productive errand day!

Hi girls. Yum yum - cupcakes! ;)

Hottie, enjoy Step Moves! That is a fun one. We are making you want Turbo Fire and you are making me want to start STS (with TF), so we're even!! Well, except I don't have to purchase anything!

Chris, I don't really miss Cathe's cardio either. I miss her weights more than cardio. Chalene's is just more fun. And I love that the combos don't repeat. You do it once each side and move on. I do miss step a teensy bit. I did Hiit 15 and Fire EZ 45 this morning. I did feel more winded during the 45 minute workout after doing the Hiit. But, it was all good and I was a sweaty mess! You'll love the EZ 45. There's no turbos, except one section where she does heels, knees up and then this fun shoulder shrug thing feels like a turbo and it's long.

Hi Kathy! Hope you can convince the kids to go on that walk again. It's good to get back into a workout routine.

Hey Beth!! What's up for today?

DH and the kids are planning to leave tomorrow. I'm very apprehensive about the whole thing. Although I must say when everyone was in a tizzy last night and fighting I thought, gee, next week when I come home from work it will be silent with no drama!

Have a good day all!

Joanne

HI ladies...

Well, I got the kids out to walk...They were not so eager to get the blood circulating. But, they did it. Now I am going to get my butt downstairs to get Imax done!!!

Hottie: I am not sure what walking poles are? Are they walking sticks? Sounds like I will stick with my ankle and wrists/gloves weights...The first workout on the July rotation is Imax. So I am heading to my workout space now...

Chris: Don't worry about it! Enjoy your new workouts. It is always exciting to get new ones..We are hitting the library today too...

Be back later..

Hey Joanne...I missed your post while I was typing...I think I remember reading the kids are going away for a week without you? Is that right? I would miss mine but I too would enjoy the peace for a change..

So many posts already this morning! Did Joanne get the cupcakes last night? I should check.....

The July rotation did look interesting -- nice flow to it, I thought. But, I have to agree with the others..... I am not really missing Cathe's cardio (hate to say it on this forum!), and Hottie, I haven't done a step workout in I don't know how many weeks and I have to say I really really do not miss step!! There, I said it. Just yesterday, in fact, when I was thinking about what cardio to do, I crossed step off the list right away and realized to myself that I feel like I don't care if I never do another step workout again.

I did Shiva's surf yoga (forget the exact name) this morning. Wow.... there were nine sets of 12 pushups in it! She does them with hands not so wide and I found them quite tough! It was a nice little workout, and I feel stretched too, of course. Ready for that race tomorrow!

Just one or two kids coming over for skating this afternoon.... pretty low key day! Joanne, maybe I'll give you a call this weekend once your kids are gone! I can't wait to hear that Chicago accent I imagine. I'm sure I have it all wrong.....

Larry's plane landed at about 10:00 last night and the rental company he chose closed at 10:00! He told them he would be landing then, and they said nothing. Oh brother! Fortunately they are right near the airport, so just took a cab to the hotel and will pick up the car this morning (probably have by now, though they are still somewhat on PST).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Blasphemy, Beth! Blasphemy! :) Actually, I was just thinking the other day when I was doing CCC how I have found other cardio other than step to be just as uber fun. I think I just missed my step workouts last month because there was just soooo much MMA in the rotation. And honestly, Cathe's low impact step workouts still just rock to me. I think Step will always have a special place in my heart because its what turned me onto fitness really but I'm glad I can have fun with a variety of cardio. In fact, I was talking to Joe last night on starting my quest to awaken my inner runner. (Though joe said he never thought that was going to happen so he crushed my dream a little.) Gah, that's so aggravating about the car rental company! Where are they in Florida?

Kathy -- the walking poles are like walking sticks I guess. They sorta looked like ski poles that were heavy so you were carrying weight with you...i guess by them being longer it requires more action to move and you burn more calories. Hope you're having fun...

Joanne -- I wanna hear the chicago accent too! :) Joe's off to the Dodgers/Cubs game tonight...actually, I'm a bit annoyed. He's supposed to tell me these things in advance so I dunno, I can plan on doing fun stuff to with my friends but he neglected to tell me until Wednesday and most of my friends have plans tonight and sunday night so I'm going to be stuck in the house cleaning with Evee. Which isn't terrible but still, I asked him. I don't know why he goes to the games though...every time he's attended a cubs game at dodgers stadium, they lose...badly. he comes back home angry and i'm the one who has to deal with it. anyway, I am so close to caving on Turbofire. I both love and hate you all.

I'm super nauseas after the car ride into work...dizzy too. I hope this passes.

Hottie, I forgot to mention.... there is a walking stick thread on vf right now.... did you see that, or is this all coincidence? We have a guy at work who uses them.... I think it does really boost the cardio.

Oh, and fitnessista (do you follow her blog) got the fi-yah, and today she has a clip of herself doing it. Mind you, she's never done turbo jam, so she did the new to class option. I was thinking "damn, she looks good, this can't be that hard." and then I remembered she is a zumba instructor, so she's just going to be able to pick up those moves very quickly I think. I'm so close to caving.... the woman on vf who sounded like me did decide to return hers though, so that gave me pause. I've seen so many clips of those same moves because I think everyone is excited and has filmed their first workout, but it does sort of give the illusion of all the workouts being the same.

Hottie, were you texting/reading on the way to work?

Oh, p.s., eta that they are in West Palm Beach.

Nope, Beth. I just got in early to avoid the Dodgers game traffic which I have to go through to get back to Pasadena. Actually, I got delayed by 20 minutes this morning because I read this Cathe bashing thread on VF. And then I was mad at myself for getting distracted. Nope, I didn't see the walking stick on the threads. It makes sense that it would boost the cardio factor. but Step Moves did make me sweat so that was fun. You know, I don't think i could ever film myself doing any workout until I get a 2 pack. (I'm never going to get a six pack.) I never saw that blog...I'll keep it in mind. I have to upkeep my own blog more often. It's a good habit and rather destressing so I really should do it...

wow that woman is in great shape -- she looks awesome beth! Ok, so how bad is this? Yesterday, as i was telling myself NOT to buy turbofire, I did buy two things that cost more than turbofire! One was the Wii Fit deal that I posted yesterday because joe wanted to go for it (though I'm more inclined to give it to our nieces) and the other was this knife set at costco that was reviewed really well at cookingforengineers.com. We need a knife set, and we like having nice cooking gear in general, but I was sorta hoping to get it in the $100-150 range instead of $200. That said, if I never have to buy knives again, I'll be happy. But then I was like...but I coulda gotten TF for that money!!

Dr. microwave lady came back today -- she couldn't bring the olive oil on the plane but she said her dad is going to send her package and I'll get it then. In the meantime though, I really need to pick some up in the store...

Hottie, I dunno, I think I would have went for Turbo Fire instead of the knives! ;) JK - good knives are great to have and will probably last forever. I think I missed something - who is Dr. microwave lady? You know, step will have a place in my heart too, cause that's kind of where I started doing workouts. But at a gym. You always had to get there early and practically fight for the steps, it was so crowded. I think that's why I love to work out at home. No worries about equipment or getting stepped on by someone. Cathe's Step Max was the first one I did and mastered at home. I forgot Joe was a Cubs fan. Poor guy. They just suck this year. He will probably come home depressed cause chances are they will lose. Feeling any better? You'd be proud of me. Ian has been complaining that he doesn't have any shirts. DH told them to all pack seven shirts for camping. He says he only has three. ;) Actually his closet is packed, but they all have something "wrong" with them or are just "ew" according to him. Anyway, I went to Aeropostale and got nine shirts for under $100! Now they will all fight over them when I get home.

Beth, I just don't get people taping themselves working out! I'm not faulting them, it's just nothing I would ever consider doing! I think all of the workouts are different enough so that you don't feel like you are doing the same thing. I hope Larry and Dylan get home soon. I don't think I have an accent, but I have caught myself saying "yous guys". ;) That's probably a Chicago thing that makes no sense to anyone else!

Kathy, yes, DH is taking the kids camping for a week and then I meet them up there (with my mother and MIL in tow) next Saturday. We're renting a cottage just about 1/2 mile from where they are camping. How was Imax?

Oh, I'm so bored!! It's a ghost town here, everyone seemed to disappear after the boss left.

Joanne -- well, if you're bored and want a distraction...oh I know about the cubs sucking this year. honestly, I'm just happy that its happening early. The beginning of the season was painful but now he's just prepared for them to lose every game. That's what I totally thought about the knives too! But we really needs knives. It was so bad -- my father bought me this set thinking it was a really decent quality thing but it really just sucks. Sometimes the name doesn't work for every model, you know? Anyway, when I put another knife set on my registry, my mother got all pissed at me and told me my father was hurt so I took it off and never asked for it again. And every person who uses the knives bitches at me for how crappy they are (mostly because the majority of my kitchen things are high quality too). And then FINALLY my mother came to visit and she was cooking with my knives, and I sh*t you not, my mother turns to me and says, "These are really sh*tty knives!" so I finally got the opening to get new knives. But I have to say...what they hell am i going to do with six steak knives?! I don't eat steak! I had to chuckle at "yous guys"...for me its "how YOU doin?" Honestly, when I watch Cathe, every once in a while she says something with a very clear south jersey accent and I always smile. It took a while to flatten my accent out. Mine was ok but every once in a while a really hard new york/new jersey one would come out when I would speak. Dr. Microwave Lady is a postdoc in my lab who went a little crazy last year and actually TOOK AND HID our microwave so that me and another grad student couldn't eat in our office (which we all share), hence the name. We've definitely made some kind of truce and most of her anger is unfairly directed towards the other student but hey as long as im not dealing with it!

Ok, having a hard time with the not shopping. Just got a super discount spa deal. Yay! Now looking at this dress. What are "yous guys" thinking? (Other than just buy turbofire already!)

CAL-52tn-001-1_550x550.jpg

Hey ! I'm alive!

The whole dentist thing threw me off. I should be cleaning now, but here I am....

I did TF FIRE 45 EZ Class when I got home. It was fun, and yes!, Joanne, that heal heal, high knees and shoulder move is fun, but LONG, and I do believe I ended up with a stitch in my side during it! :confused: Ugh! I had to slow down a little after my stitch. But holy CRAP, no Fire Drills, but it was still tougher. And I just can not say it enough, I LOVE the freakin music. it's what gets me through!!! Esp. the finale. OMG, I was so done!!, But I pushed harder because CHALENE told me to, AND the music was jammin'!!! ... I did get in 4DS Biceps and Back Premix. MUCH better organized.

I do love Step too. And yes, it is and always be my first love. Kathy Smith was my first. And Gin Miller (Reebok Step and Interval Step). I don't really MISS step, but I do love it. For now. If I did a step workout tomorrow, I'd say I'd love it even more.

Kathy: YAY for getting you and your kiddos to walk! I've heard of weighted walking sticks. Never seen them. ... Hope you got a good sweat on with IMAX!

Beth: That Yoga sounds intense! Push ups? See, I still think Yoga = relax! LOL!. I bet the skate party will be fun tonight. And Travis has you all to himself, no brothers wanting to crash his party! He must be happy! . Crappy deal on the rental car last night! Geesh. Glad he could get a taxi, but it must have cost a bunch!... I never heard of that Fitnessista, but I googled her and found the video. Her blog looks cool too! I don't feel like the TF' cardios are all the same. there are definitely different and new (fun) moves in each cardio, though some are similiar (which is good, because when it's intense I need FAMILIAR). But in every one, the music is different and you move differently. I guess you'd just have to do it to know.

Hottie: Hope your head feels better. I do love Step Moves! Good one for cardio! I seriously would never rave or suggest workouts I think could be crappy. I know you AND Beth would love the cardio in these. And definitely the music. The only qualms I would have for either of you is, if you don't like Chalene (who I love during these workouts, personally) or if you don't like the turbo moves in Turbo Jams. Some are similiar. Of course her signature "twist" or whatever that is called. ... Damn Joe for not telling you in advanced ! Hope you find something kind of fun to do. Although, maybe just an alone/chill weekend would be good for you too. .... And yes, I don't think I heard the story of Dr. Microwave either, did I? It's vaguely familiar....

Joanne: Yah, I dont' get people taping themselves working out either. That is ODD. but whatever. LOL @ yous guys! I can't believe you did both workouts today! Holy cow! .... I totally understand the apprehensive about them leaving, yet looking forward to no fighting! That's how I felt about the DC trip! AND , i had 4 days of NOT changing the kitty litter!!!!! that was a huge bonus!....

BETTER go clean! And then I'm making blueberry pancakes and crepes for dinner tonight! (I have a shitload of blueberries!!!!)

ahhh...joe nixed the dress. Oh well. He likes another one more that I'm going to have to wait for when it goes on sale.

Chris -- so, i told joe that i wanted TF...we'll see if i get it at the end of STS...this whole awesome music thing is putting me over the edge. One of these days you're going to see a tweet where I bought it. Can I have pancakes and crepes?

So much to comment on, again!! Good deal at Aeropostale, Joanne. I know what you mean about filming yourself working out..... in Fitnessista's case, I can kind of see it because she is a trainer, so maybe it helps her get business? And, I'm guessing it's mostly coaches trying to sell the stuff. I'd never do it either! I don't really want to know what I look like working out -- that window reflection is enough for me!!!

Which reminds me of being filmed stepping with Cathe, which was cool, but hard to watch!!! And reminds me of the on-going stepping conversation.... I came to stepping very late in my working out career, so maybe that's why I feel that way about it. Hmmmm.

The skate "party" fizzled.... as I said, it was only two kids. Well, one doesn't skate, so was just going to play hockey in shoes. The other one was coming from town and didn't have time to go get his gear, so.... they are all sitting there playing lego harry potter on the xbox!! Some play date!

Chris, that's why I'm psyched about yoga.... I finally realized/remembered that it CAN be a workout, and I like it when it's that way. You'll see when you get Bob's Yoga (except I'm guessing you won't buy that disc! ;))

I am cooking Mole Yams at the moment.... how crazy is that? I do not know what possessed me to do that this afternoon, except that I saw the recipe and it sounded good.

Back to fitnessista.... I'm addicted to her blog lately.... the food almost always looks so good!! My SF friend and I talk about her -- we figure we are the oldest (by far) of her readers, but it's our way of connecting with that young crowd. (well, for me, that and Hottie, of course!!)

Where did my aeropostale comment go? Well, either way, Joanne it basically said you rocked and you made me proud.

I have to come clean...I have video of Joe doing Cathe's 4DS. But he swore he'd divorce me if I ever put it up on the web. ::hee hee:: its awesome.

I got my outfit from feel fit wear! IT IS SO FREAKING CUTE!!! Now I just need to lose weight in it so I can actually put pictures of myself in it!

I'm trying not to eat too much now that I'm home away from traffic. I needed something...my body was telling me I did...but I'm trying really hard not to overeat. Thinking about having some tea...you guys ever try Zhena Gypsy Tea? I'm addicted to the stuff.

That's so cool you think I'm young Beth! My whole family would tease me about how I'm such an old person since I was young. And a stupid undergrad referred to me as old again. Grrr.

well, you just made my mother happy! she'll be so happy you would think her so young! :)

I heard about it on the internet (remember that tea I sent you guys for larry? that's from zhena), but I first saw it at Cost Plus World Market. You can get it a Whole Foods/ Bristol Farms but I get the ones I like from vitaglo.com (crappy CS but cheaper prices than anyone for a ton of their products on the internet, including our hair care Aubrey). She has this Fireside Chai -- its so awesome as an ice tea for these summer days...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.