*~*JULY 10 Check In for Wednesday, the 7th~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

treeswing.gif

Another hot day here. I kind of like it! It's summer! And Greg found me a big raft to float on in the pool, how can I NOT like it? The boys were in the pool until dark last night. They're liking it too. The only BAD thing? I'm getting NOTHING done around the house. AND, I haven't been grocery shopping (is that really a bad thing?)

Hottie: I have to tell you. The music in Turbo Fire is BETTER than Turbo Jam. WAY better. It's a blast!. I'll have to ask my boys about that video game. Oh... what is it rated?. And it's it's "Teen" , is it violent? My oldest plays COD, which is mature, And we screen for the other 2. .. :p at you for getting the cupcake too, by the way!!!!

today is supposed to be Core 20 and Stretch 40. Instead , I'm going to do the standing leg work from Butts and Guts, and then do Core 20 and then probably the stretch from STS.

mocantina.gif

BBL!!!!

Hi Chris, and all! The pool sounds heavenly! I think we have another cold day here! I'm wearing sleeveless and I'll probably regret it. It's much warmer down at work though (though the office itself is usually freezing, so I guess I'm still going to regret it :)).

Is the pool far away from the house that you can't let the kids be out there alone? Or is it just that you're enjoying it too much, too? It is summer -- you should enjoy a more lax life!

I'll have to go look for hottie's cupcake.

No workout for me! :mad: Woke up around 3:00 and it took me forever to fall back asleep so when the alarm went off I was in a really really deep sleep. Larry snuggled up next to me and I thought about him being gone then me being gone and I decided snuggling was in order. Since it's not so hot, maybe I'll go for a run after work, or do something, but I know I need to clean and get them packed, too.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable hump day!

Oh man, Hottie, if you were channeling me this morning you did not do CCC!

For TurboFire clips, ok, not really clips, but to get a little feel for it, surf youtube. Lots of people are starting to put up clips of themselves doing the workouts (I'm assuming they're coaches trying to get interest -- no one does that with Cathe videos, do they?). Some are better than others for being able to hear the music and get a feel for things, but if you waste enough time, you'll get a little feel for it.

Hi ladies!!

Wow, Chris, so sorry to hear about the incident with Zach and the neighbor. What happened after? Did you talk with the parents? I have to say though, that I don't blame Zach for whacking the kid after he called you a B**ch. You just don't go there. Don't worry about letting other stuff go - enjoy the pool and the boys!! Whenever I can find something to do with the kids that we all enjoy and there is NO FIGHTING, I go with it!! That's a good idea to do B&G instead of the long stretch workout.

Hottie, oh, yes, the music is way way better in Turbo Fire than in Turbo Jam. Better than Cathe music too. It's really great. I tried to open up that link for the video game, but it wouldn't open. Our internet here is moving slow - I'll try again later. Colin is the big video game player in our house. Jameson doesn't play so much anymore.

Beth, wow, it is cold there! It's really warm and humid here, which is OK as long as you have air conditioning. Isn't it normally the warmest there in the fall? I can't imagine putting a video up of me doing a workout!! I don't even like anyone in my family to see me.

Workout today was Turbo Fire Hiit 25. Wow! Another good one!! She does four intervals and repeats each one twice. Then I did the ab workout from the deluxe DVDs.

Oh, I am so mad at my dog!! :( I can't believe she did this. This is gross, but I get in bed last night and something smells weird. She peed in the bed. Oh, I was furious. Why?? I don't even know when she did it. She did that a couple times when we first got her. After the second time I said if she does that again she's going back to the pound. So, I had to get up and strip the bed and clean it. Oh, and Nature's Miracle for pet stains and odors - does not work so good. She knows she did something wrong. She didn't come upstairs at all last night and was in Jameson's room this morning. Just had to vent about that...sorry!!

Gotta do some work..

Joanne

Beth -- what did you do to me!?!? The both of us were in bed, early for us, and we fell asleep quickly...Joe had his codeine and I had one last shot of night time flu meds and we both woke up like...ugh...no...too...tired...joe's STILL in bed! But we also had some world class snuggling. But I told him I'm not leaving until my workout was done so he had a choice to make about work. He's decided to stay in and wait for me and try to get some work done from home. slightly worried about him doing that so much recently (I know he's sick but I still get worried that his bosses may not be so understanding) and I feel a little bad about not wanting to leave until my workout is done but hopefluly if I don't futz around too much it won't be so bad. I am still doing CCC!!

Chris -- the ESRB rating is Teen but if they're playing COD it should be fine. People die and you're fighting but I don't recall they're being blood. There is one super traumatic scene where it looks like someone is going to commit suicide upon losing his son but it doesn't happen (but you don't know that for some time). There is no sexual nature at all really...JRPGS don't really do the sexualized romance they way we do in the west. It absolutely should be played on an HDTV. And be prepared for them to spend HOURS on it. We clocked in 60 and frankly that's way to high for us (I'm known for finishing these games anywhere between 30-50% less than average gamers do).

Ok, I'm finishing up my super healthy start of the day, going to down some OJ's and vitamins and hopefully start my workout in the next 30.

Joanne -- same goes for you about the video game if your kids want to try it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII That's the text description of the game from wikipedia. That should load. Oh, did you get to it as soon as she peed? Natures miracle is supposed to work on cat pee really well but not dog...is it on the mattress or the sheets? The reason why its so hard is because of high nitrogen content in dog pee (that's why when dogs pee on grass it can leave weird patches). If you don't care about color hydrogen peroxide should be able to deactivate the nitrogen but it you do care, oxy clean and vinegar shots a couple times...and tea tree oil if you have it around. What I'm suggesting is harsher but if an enzymatic cleaner isn't working (Nature's miracle) I find it best to go towards ionic scavengers.

Ok, NOW I'm really going to get ready to work out in 30.

Wow, Hottie, thanks for all that info! I think I got it right away or pretty close. It was on the sheets and mattress. I put the sheets in the wash right away with lots of bleach. I don't care about the color of the mattress, so I'll try the hydrogen peroxide when I get home. You are such a great source of info!!

joanne -- hydrogen peroxide is amazing for getting rid of the stain/smell because its so powerful. How did I learn this? you know TOM and "accidents?" because i'm a huge nerd I wanted to look at something that could do a redox reaction against the heme group of blood (what makes it red) and found that H2O2 is the most powerful agent you have sitting around...totally works. So, whenever something is so strong like that I use H2O2 but since it can take out color so quickly, I have to be wary. Oxyclean is pretty amazing if you care about color -- its just like bleach but unlike chlorox which using chlorine, the reaction is an electron transfer of oxygen so its a lot less harsh. Ok, how badly did I nerd this up? Shoulda been a chemist...

So I did CCC...it was hard still! Especially being so tired. i did everything up to the 4th circuit without a break. I needed a small break before the 4th one and I had to wake up Joe anyway. He thought I was dying when he saw me! Anyway, I came up with a lameass modification for the lateral hop tucks of the 4th circuit. Instead of clearing my mat, I just put a resistance band down and jump over that. I can't seem to clear that much distance yet. I guess I have to work at it. I can do more of those cross body pushups but that last core exercise where you roll and go into a pushup...I can't even do the modification she does. I wonder if I just haven't figured out how to place my body (like with the triangle choke holds). Oh well...practice is what makes perfect. I totally forgot the rotation called for another Ab routine (wtf? I just did CCC!) so I walked evee real fast. I'll do the Abs when I get home tonight.

Oh and when I walked evee something funny happened. I was walking her and this guy is walking down the street towards me. He looks like and I smile and say hello. he then asks for my name as I walk past him and I say "sandy" because I never give my real name out to strangers and he pauses turns around and says, hey can I talk to you? Now, there's a moment of real fear because I don't like it when random people come up to me, particularly bigger men I don't know. But honestly, with evee around I do feel more comfortable I say, I'm sorta in a rush, and he just comes up to me and says, "do you have a boyfriend?" I smile and say, "husband." And his eyes bug out and says, "whooaaaa, ok...have a nice day and you have a nice a dog." That was so weird!

woot! togos wednesday! going to to split my blot and then walk over and get a heavenly salad wrap.

Ok, back from a short day of work. It was 55 degrees when I dropped the kids off at school this morning at 9:00. It has warmed up -- it's pretty nice out there now. We're having kids over to skate Friday afternoon, so I'm hoping this weather holds.

I did half of Tonique. It was all that would hold my attention with the kids bugging me. I do not know how those of you who work out after the wee hours of the morning do it!!!

Sounds like someone is very close to caving on the fire..... it's not me.....

!

Hey again...

Had a pretty nice day in the pool today! Floating on a raft in a pool on a 100 degree hot and muggy day is pretty close to spending time at the beach, let me tell you! I was in heaven!! The boys were ok too. They like to play with me in the pool! They esp. like when I tell them they can flip me off the raft!

Joanne: No, I didn't talk to Mikey's parents. Long story. But he was actually at his GRANDPARENTS across the street. There's been a lot of issues with him and my boys. He's 12 and totally bad news. (smokes cigarettes, takes Alex on his dirt bike w/ NO helmet, lights fires!). I did talk to Zach about throwing the first punch. As in NEVER do it. As much as I really do not LIKE Mikey, I just don't think he should have beaten up on him (with me watching?!?!). I am SOOO loving TF's HiiTs!!! .... Oh my on Tully peeing on your bed! I have no words! Yes, hydrogen peroxide is awesome to get blood out. I've learned that at work, blood on white uniform -----> peroxide!....

(I took a huge break here)..

Hottie: AWESOME job on CCC today! You just amaze me how you keep at a tough workout until you get it! And you already DID abs today with CCC, no? It's like a twofer!.... That is very weird about the guy on the street. Do you wear a wedding ring?. I like how you gave a fake name. And I love how Evee would kick someone's ass for you. I know she would! Does she tug at the leash when someone comes up to you like that?

Beth: Now THAT is the perfect weather for a fire!!!! Hope you have some marshmallows!!! Alex wanted to have a fire tonight SOOOO bad, but I told him #1. it was too hot and #2. it hasn't rained in forever and it'd be kind of dangerous. (I'm paranoid of fires). ... Good for you for getting some of Tonique in!. My boys have pretty much "learned" to chill out for my workouts. Though it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

gotta run! i've had this window open since before supper! LOL!

just a quickie before my student comes over to learn some physics...

Chris -- Evee is very defensive even when Joe is just hugging me but she's all bark no bite...she has a terribly sounding bark which usually will scare unsavory characters but I don't think she'd actually harm anyone...which is a little sad. I have to do an Ab section later tonight..probably after I walk evee. I don't wear a ring for two reasons: 1) I lost so much weight that its too loose on me and I haven't bothered to resize it yet, and 2) the diamond on my engagement ring is big enough to cut the gloves I use at work (nitriles and latex) that its useless to put it on...that and I work in the ghetto and I try not to wear too much bling.

Beth -- the price is holding me back from the flames....

Cupcakes?! For me?! We'll see!

Too strange about that guy, Hottie.... it's really good you had Evee with you, though I guess he seemed harmless enough in the end.

Joanne, I just didn't even want to get near that dog peeing in the bed story.....
(did I ever tell you guys about a cat we had once who jumped up onto my mom's lap (my mom hates animals, especially cats) and peed right there on her lap? How do they sense the animal haters? They peg them!)

and I am more and more tempted by the fi-yah! I read a post where someone never liked turbo jam and now is totally into them. Very tempting.........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.