^^JULY 10 Check In for the 1st!!^^

Boingo1

Cathlete
Holy moly, how did it get to be the 1st of JULY?!?!

Rabbit Rabbit!

Got up late, so I'll BBL after I eat some breakfast to chat!

Rabbit rabbit!! Crazy!

I won't be around much today..... headed up to SF soon to go see my dermatologist. I'm starting to hate going all that way, but I do get to see my friend for lunch and that's a huge bonus!

Didn't work out this morning..... slept like crap and wanted to try to sleep a little more, plus I'll be doing a boatload of walking.

They are booting my mom out of the rehab place..... I totally forgot it's a short-term care kind of thing. Ug. Don't know if she'll go home or somewhere else.

Sorry to be so brief.....

Hey Girls!

Getting a later start today. Last night was supposed to be my night to sleep through without getting up for Zach's blood sugars, because Greg is home. He had to work LAST Wednesday, so it's been a few weeks since I had one of these! So at 9:30p, Zach gets a call from his friends down the street to play "Flashlight Tag". We told him he could play until 10:30p. He comes home at 10:30 and BEGS to be able to sleep over their house. (They live 2 houses down from us). His blood sugars have been wacky lately, so I was VERY leary about it, but he said he's be UP at 12a and 3a and would check his blood sugars and call them to Greg. So we let him. I was a worry wart, and ended up getting up to see what his blood sugars were. And I slept very fitfully. Ugh.

Oh and his blood sugars were actually the best they've been in 2 weeks! (95 and 103). He's due home at 12 noon. We'll see what happens. I'm still anxious about him not checking a sugar from 3am until 12n :eek:

On Turbo Fires class schedule today is CORE 20 and STRETCH 40. It feels wrong not to do cardio today. But I probably should just follow the schedule. See what happens. I "indulged" in S'Mores last night that were out of this world! We had a great fire outside, and played basketball in the dark afterwards. We roasted marshmallows, and they were sooooooo good, it brought back MAJOR memories of when I was little. So cool.

Great funny show for you guys in case you need one. It's a new sitcom with Better White, Valerie Bertinelli, the girl with the English accent from Frasier, and Wendie Malick , the actress that was in Just Shoot Me. It is sooooo funny! It's on Wed nights at 10p on TV Land.

Hi girls!! Kathy, hope you had an uneventful trip to Florida!

Chris, I think you'll like Core 20. I worry about the boys staying overnight somewhere just for regular reasons - I just can't imagine how hard it is to deal with the blood sugars. Glad all went well with Zach's sleepover. It's probably good to have a lighter workout day with a crappy night's sleep. Sounds like you had a great fire last night!! Mmm, we have some s'mores supplies that we didn't use at Jameson's party. I'll have to check out that new show? What's it called?

Beth, sorry to hear your mom has to move. Hope all goes smoothly. How is she feeling lately?

I'm feeling kind of blah. Not really mentally, just kind of foggy/tired-like, if that makes sense! Today was a rest day on the TF calendar, but I wanted to try the TF EZ 45, so I did that. Another fun one!! :) Tomorrow is Hiit 15 and the sculpt workout. Curious how it is. I think it uses bands. I have a hard time with band stuff though, especially shoulders, cause I'm really tall and they seem to be made for normal size people!

Jameson is going away with a friends family today till Sunday. They are taking two other boys. I'm not sure if it's a camper or a cottage, but I think it's a camper - hopefully a very large one! It'll be weird not having him home. But I know they'll have a blast.

Have to run...

Joanne

Hey again...

I completed my workout. CORE 20 was pretty interesting with the tubing. I did like the different moves, Joanne! Some I had to modify (mostly the one where you lean WAY back and draw your feet in and out). I actually kind of LIKED the STRETCH 40. There's no one footed balancing moves, silly Joanne! To me, they were pretty basic yoga poses. I most liked the stretches on the floor. My favorite is where you do the modified lotus with your knees stacked and stretch out your hips. Ah! ... And then I have these voices in my head saying I should be burning MORE calories than 150. ugh.

So Zach made it home and safe around noontime. Though he changed and went right back out. I'm having a hard time with it all. I know he ate crap there all night. And then he said he didnt have any breakfast, but "wasn't hungry" and just wanted to go hang with his friends more. The NEXT thing I see him walking down the street with his friends to the convenience store. For crap food. I wanted to yell out the window to him. But I just don't know if I should let it slide. What do you guys think? I'm struggling so bad with him lately.

Beth: Good luck with the derm today!!! At least you get to have a nice lunch. Concentrate on the positive! ... I'm sorry about your mom. Maybe she's not so sorry though. Is her radiation treatments done , then? Let us know how things go with her and what she ends up doing.

Joanne: Thank you for worrying about YOUR boys overnights too! I seriously am done with the sleepovers for a while with him. He gives me this guilt trip when i say no. "You're only saying no because I have diabetes! Why do I get treated different?". Um.ya. I . am. What else can I say? ... His entire situatioin is making me feel "blah-ish" today too. He just makes me anxious and on edge. But for me it's mental. I understand your physical blahs too. I definitely have tired/foggy days! HATE those! .. Now I can't WAIT for FIRE 45 EZ!!! I haven't felt this way about workouts in a LONG time. I felt excited about STS, I guess, but maybe not AS excited! ... So you have a boy going away too! Will he call you every night?

Hottie: I miss your long posts! Saw on FB you weren't feeling well. Is it the Joe sickness? Hope you're ok!! No workouts today if you don't feel good!!! That's an order!

Kathy: Hope you had a good trip!!! And you're relaxing with family in FL nice! Miss ya!

We're heading out to play mini golf and the boys will probably go on go-carts there too. !!!

Chris, I'm going to give the Stretch workout another try. I think the one-leg moves I was thinking of were when one leg is up in the air, but I guess your hands are on the floor, so that doesn't really count. I know stretching and yoga are good for you, but I feel like if I'm not burning calories or making my muscles stronger ;), it's a waste of time! I don't really believe that, but that's how I feel when I'm doing it! That's so tough with Zach. It's got to be so hard - the more you get on him, the more he probably rebels about the food and sugar, right? But, I don't think I could let it go either since it's a health issue, not just your average teen/parent struggle. I'm going to tell Jameson to call every night - don't know if he will! I'll definitely call him and probably text him. He's leaving in a couple hours - I feel bad I'm not there to see him off. But I'm going to call soon and do the typical nagging mom thing and make sure he doesn't forget anything important (contact lens stuff, toothbrush, money). Although when DH starts snoring obnoxiously this weekend, I'll have an empty bed to sleep in. ;)

Hottie, oh no, don't get the Joe cooties! He better take care of you like you did for him!

Going to lunch in a bit with some old friends. Starving NOW!

Joanne: Sometimes Yoga seems too exertional to me too. I mean, if I stretch, I like to relax/stretch. Not stretch to the point that it would make me sweat or breath hard , LOL!. But the yoga in Stretch 40 wasn't TOO bad, really. .... Ya gotta be a nagging mom! We aren't happy unless we're nagging, right? LOL...

So we went and played mini golf (I WON!), which was fun, but stressful at times, because my boys want to compete and they fight when they compete. By the 10th hole, we got them to calm down. LOL!. And then we did the go-carts. I wasn't going to do them at all, but I ended up doing it. Not my thing. The ride was way too bumpy for me! The other boys passed me 4 times around! LOL!. And then we had ice cream cones! :p I am trying to keep my goodies figured into my calories , though.

And after I came home, everyone took off. I was alone, so I checked to see how the guy at work was. Apparently he "expired" on the 29th. and after I found that out, I just got this horrible heavy/sad feeling. I try to understand his way of thinking, but I really can't.

Off to putter in the kitchen....

Hi ladies...

Having a great time here...No problems yesterday getting here..everything was on time. Today is a rainy day. We took the kids to see Shrek since it was raining. Lauren, my mom and sister saw the new Twilight movie Eclipse....

Miss you all...Haven't done any exercising yet..Maybe later in the pool!!!

I will try to get back online tomorrow....Have a great day!!!

Kathy! Thanks for popping in! Sorry about the rain..... Travis wants to see the Twilight movie and I really do not want to take him. Dylan has a playdate tomorrow, so I could, except I really should go to work.

Chris, I'm not sure I have much advice for you on the Zach going to the convenience store for crap food issue -- I don't think I would let him get away with it, but I'd try not to come down on him too hard (since he is already bothered by being treated differently). Ug! That's a tough situation. And, I also worry about my boys when they're somewhere else. Even when I was gone today, I worried that maybe the sitter drove them someone in her truck (which only has a front seat -- it's a bench, but still). I'm sorry to hear about the patient. I guess it is not surprising, but sad, sad.

On the yoga.... I'm really starting to like yoga workouts that feel like workouts. If they are just a stretch, I know what you mean, but if they are more of a workout, I do feel worked and I like the way it makes me feel. I'm going to try to do them more often -- I know, I've said this before, and the only time I managed was when I did that abbreviated meso1/tonique rotation. I still really like the way that rotation felt!

So the deal on my mom.... I guess medicare only pays for 20 days, so that's why they want to move her out. It sounds like she's mostly ready to come home. I think she still has another week or two of radiation, but they say there's no reason she couldn't go by car. Joanne, yes, unfortunately, she is in an awful lot of pain at times, and in some amount of pain all the time. We are busy trying to get a hospital bed delivered to her house and get the home health care people (not nurses, but helpers) lined up. They did say they'd keep her through the long weekend to make it easier on us, so she'll go home Tuesday. Turns out it's better for my sister to go next week, so I will go the following week.

Hottie, sorry to hear you're not feeling well!!

I had a mostly fun day in SF. Never fun having a whole body skin check, but the rest was good. :) I actually like my doctor quite a bit, so it wasn't too bad. She wondered if I wanted a botox treatment today! I passed. She thinks I ought to do the freckle lightening treatment in the fall. Hmmmmmm.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.