Jogglers January 2017

RapidBreath

Cathlete
We made it to a whole New Year!

This year will be much better for all of us. We will have fun, achieve our fitness goals, and enjoy everything life has to offer!

Happy New Year!

I am ready for a new year. It feels good to be eating healthy again after the holidays. Yesterday morning I felt so sick. I drank lots of water and felt better by noon.

Last night I did a weight workout. I did mostly upper body but added in some squats, calf raises and deadlifts. Today will be a rest day. I'm gearing up for my 25K trail race on the 14th.

Power is out at my house due to a tree colliding with a power line. I am at the library enjoying free internet, power, and shelter from the elements. My county is in a state of emergency due to the flooding.

The power is back on at my house. I will be cleaning my room so that I can start something low intensity, low impact next week. I had a chiropractic appointment this morning.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you have the power back on. I'm sorry about all the flooding in your area. I hope you and your family are safe.

I'm getting ready to leave for my 25K trail race in a couple of hours. It is early tomorrow morning and then we will be back home tomorrow afternoon. After a chilly weekend, the temperatures have returned to the 70's. Yippee! The weather looks to be beautiful tomorrow. I am taking a couple of days off from work next week. I got stuff I need to do around the house. I'm looking forward to the break in routine.

I will report back after my race. Have a great Friday!

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are safe!

The race was wonderful. It was the longest distance I've done (16 miles) and I felt good. It was 4 laps of a 4 mile trail around a lake so the scenery was beautiful. It was mainly flat with a couple of small rises and some wooden bridges to run over. There were roots and I fell twice but didn't get injured. After you completed a lap there was an aid station with food and drinks. I wasn't really hungry but I took some heed every time I came around. My sister and I both drank some pickle juice (I hate pickles) because we were both cramping after the 3rd lap. I fell right before the end of the 3rd lap and it took me a couple of minutes to get up because my calf was cramping. The pickle juice did the trick. We walked most of the 4th lap but we were waking pretty fast. We passed about 4 people that were also walking. This was one of my favorite races. I will probably do it again next year.

I took Sunday as a rest day and did an upper body kettlebell workout last night. This morning I went for a 2 mile walk. I'm off until Friday so I've been hanging around the house for the last couple of days. It was been nice.

I plan to clean my room today. Everything is in the way of any kind of exercise. I need to put away not one, but two mounds of laundry, books, trash to be taken out, maybe change my bed.

Jane- I'm glad you enjoyed that race. I'm sorry that you fell.

I'm here. I'm sorry I missed a week or so. I've just been busy. I have been working out though and have a 10 mile trail run on Saturday. It was one of the areas that was hit hard by the storms over the weekend although I have been told that the park where we are running was spared.

Alisha ~ I hate putting away laundry. I don't mind folding it but I leave it on a chair in my bedroom and it sits there for weeks. I guess I'm hoping someone will put it away for me.

I hope you feel better enough to workout.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(I'm sad because a lady was raped in my neighborhood yesterday at 6 am when she was out for a run with her baby in the stroller. I wish that I had been out and that I could have helped her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.