James Kenyon Whitney

swhitney

Hi Cathe, Sheila and everybody!

I went into labor last Monday at 37.5 weeks (like you, Cathe, it was totally unexpected) and James Kenyon Whitney was born 9 hours later. He weighed 7 pounds and was 19" long. He's a beauty-- big blue eyes and silvery hair.

My husband was out of town for a month and not due back until May 15, but managed to fly in that evening a few hours after the baby's birth.

I'm feeling quite well and I think all the physical activity during my pregnancy helped me have a short labor and feel better afterward.
Just wanted to update you. I thought my pregnancy would never end-- in fact, the night before I went into labor, I stayed up until 3 a.m. looking online at natural methods of encouraging labor-- I was sure I'd be late. :) I went to bed and three hours later woke up and my water broke.

Sara

woooo-HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sara!!! I am so thrilled to hear your news! I love your baby's name! I can't remember, did you know he would be a boy?? What a blessing to miss out on those last 2 1/2 weeks of shallow breathing and heartburn, eh?? I know what a relief it is to have your own body back after being occupied by a little alien for nine long months. James sounds just beautiful! Why do BOYS always get the hair??
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I'm glad you're healing and happy. Drop a little kiss on that sweet baby head for me!

Welcome, James

You're probably too young for "Sweet Baby James" to have much signifance to you, Sarah, but as a pre-teen, this was one of the "must have" James Taylor albums. And now you have your very own, must have Sweet Baby James.

Congratulations on a beautiful healthy baby, a short labor and being able to share your first Mothers Day with your new son in your arms. It just keeps getting better.

Happy Mothers Day.
Daphne

Way to go Sara:

What a beautiful name! I guess all that thinking about being late did the job
happy.gif
I hope all is well with mom and baby..Where can I leave some goodies for mom and baby? A little after the fact baby shower
happy.gif

Congrats
Susie

Congratulations, Sara!

Your pregnancy has gone so quickly (for the onlooker, anyway; I'm sure it hasn't for you!
happy.gif
)! James Kenyon is a beautiful name! What a blessing babies are. Enjoy him--when they're babies it seems like they always will be, but they grow up so quickly!

I'm glad your husband was able to get to be with you so quickly. And I'm glad your labor was (relatively) short!

Congratulations again to all of you,

Kristin

Happy Mother's Day!

Congratulations Sara! Just in time for Mother's Day too. Thats wonderful news. I'm so happy that everything went so smoothly. Thank goodness that your husband was able to make it home in time. I'm sure that was a little stressful.

Although it really catches you off guard, its kind of nice going early and escaping the last month of discomfort, don't you think?

Much love to you and your family. Keep us posted on your progress. Sleep tight!

Congrats!

Congrats to you and your family! I remember before I had Kaylee I too was online looking for natural ways to start labor when I got closer to the due date.....lo and behold...I had to be induced several weeks earlier due to low fluid level.........CONGRATS!MichelleP

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Yes! I am yelling with a big smile and a big hug!! Wow! Way to go! Thanks for sharing:)))

Congratulations!!!

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON May-16-00 AT 03:05PM (EST)</font></center>

Sue,

It seems like just yesterday that you became part of our pregnancy "forum family." Now I would like to congratulate you on the newest addition to our "forum family." I too love his name. It sounds so regal.

Don't stop doing those kegels!

Sheila Watkins

Congratulations!

Great news, Sara. Glad to hear you and baby James are doing well. Do you think it was the 'net surfing that helped bring on labor? I'm going to remember that --it may come in handy in a few weeks! :)

Hazel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.