JAFFAS/GABRIELLE

cecil

Cathlete
I just wanted to say I love your avitar-are they lovebirds? I also see you live in Arizona-so do I. I have 2 lovebirds which I love and I just wanted to know if you breed them?

Sincerely,
Lisa

They are cherry-headed conures, Andi and Mingus. They currently live at the Oasis Bird Sanctuary near Benson, AZ. I learned about them from the documentary "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" that was recommended by someone on this board (sorry can't remember who). We went to their open house in June. We were the only non bird owners there. I think they were kind of surprised that we would go all the way there just to visit some birds we saw in a movie. You can check them out at www.the-oasis.org I'm a total sucker for all animals and have visited many sanctuaries. The Oasis is probably the best one I've been to. They have an amazing aviary for the Macaws. They recently rescued a Macaw named Gulliver that had been shipwrecked! I would highly recommend visiting since you're a bird person, you could combine it with a trip to Kartchner Caverns or Bisbee.

Thankyou so much-my parents live in Sierra Vista and we were going to go to the bird rescue in Benson because my parents had heard good things about it but we ended up being pressed for time. I need to go! Thankyou again!

Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.