It's snowing in NJ! :)

It snowed a bit here this morning too. Just enough to send all the drivers into a panic. I don't get it. We're Canadian. This happens every single year. You'd think people would be used to it by now.

x(

I know the weather has been really strange lately. Yesterday it was in the 80's here and tomorrow it is suppose to drop down to the 50's with rain(I know, brrrr....ha ha). I am glad that it is finally snowing in Jersey though.

Shelley - LOL. People act the same way when it rains here. It is even the top story on the news channels. It could be drizzling and we have "rain watch" on the news. It's too silly.

Lea

I live in the Beaches of Toronto and have still not had a flake of snow.. it is sunny and bright and not even that cold today. I want snow!!

I'm in Hamilton and we had snow this morning all the way through to Oakville. Not much, just a tiny dusting.

Not cold? It was -10 with the wind chill this morning.

I'm in NEPA and we finally got snow last night. Only an inch or so, but enough that I had to shovel the walk this morning. :)

I was at the Whole Foods in Madison, NJ this morning and everyone was going crazy over the snow. Thankfully, it's sunny here now and is supposed to be in the upper 60's this weekend.:) I HATE the cold!:-(

Jennifer! That's like 10 miles from me........are you who was emailing me a few months ago about moving to the area? Sorry, my brain is too feeble to retain names for longer than about 48 hours.....;-)

I miss the cold weather but the one thing I don't miss are those high gas bills. I'm loving this warm winter for one reason only--OPEC! Ha! }(

Hi Laura,

Yes..that was me. We haven't officially moved yet, but I have been staying up here during the week for the past week or so.

I know what you mean about the heating bills. I'm moving out of a 3500 square foot house that was all open space. My gas bill last winter was close to $500 a month.:( I'm loving this apartment sooo much more in that respect.:)

Don't worry Jennifer, if you have gas heat PSE&G will get you. I live in a 1000 square foot house & my heating bills are usually over $300 a month. :eek:

You all should be in Denver right now. It has done nothing but storm big everyweek since before Christmas. I am sick of it! Were expecting another one here tomorrow night too.

Terri

>Don't worry Jennifer, if you have gas heat PSE&G will get
>you. I live in a 1000 square foot house & my heating bills
>are usually over $300 a month. :eek:

I think I already know what you mean. When I first got married I lived in an apartment close to the size of the one I'm in now and my winter heating bills were sooo low. We've gotten 2 PSE&G bills so far and they are averaging close to $100 a month. For a little tiny apartment...plus I have to pay JCP&L for electricity.:-(

ok, ok, Stop bragging!! CAN SOMEONE SEND SOME SNOW TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!:) :) I want some too!!!! We will be here in California for another year and a half,(we are Navy), my son will never get to see any!!! When my daughter was 2 , we lived in Washington state, so she got to see some..But it has been a long time, before we moved here we lived in Puerto Rico , before that it was Florida, I think we forgot what snow ball fight are really like!!

Sorry luvmylabs, but I don't think that San Diego gets snow;-). Same with L.A. where I live. But the weather sure has been crazy here lately.

Lea

I'm in sunny San Diego and it was 85 degrees yesterday and today it is 60 and getting colder. We are suppose to get rain and gusty winds but no snow, sorry:( I wish we could get just a little because we haven't had any in a year. I know all of you in the East think I'm crazy, but the same weather everyday gets a bit boring.

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

I live in the Bay Area of California. It was 70 degrees yesterday and we're expected to get snow down to the 1000 foot elevation level tomorrow. Which means I get to see the pretty snow on the mountains, but I get to drive in the pouring rain, in which the lovely people of California drive worse than the ones in Pennsylvania (where I was born) do in the snow. Cannot figure that one out.

I don't actually miss the snow that much. Every time I start to, I drive to Tahoe and stop really quick after shoveling out my car. The only thing I really do miss is the first snow fall of winter which is so magical and wonderful. Oh wait - snow days - I soo miss snow days and the excitment of sitting in front of the radio (I'm old - what can I say) praying that our school is mentioned. I do think my kids miss out on that.

My grandmother (96!) now lives at an assisted living place in Madison, so she can be near my parents, who live in Short Hills. I tried to talk my DH into moving to NJ years ago... but a born and bred NYer, he wasn't going to budge.

Ooops, sorry to hijack thread!;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.