It's been a long time...

S

Seasun

Hi Cathe!
It's been a long time since I last visited your website. Atleast 5 months. Congratulations and welcome to motherhood!!! So, how does it feel? It's amazing isn't it! My son Alex is 2 1/2 now and I'm 25 weeks pregnant, as of today, with my second son. I'm due May 5th, 2000. I'm still teaching 5 to 6 classes per week but starting to think I should cut back. It's definately different the second time around. I taught until I was 36 weeks with Alex and I felt great up to that point. This time it's a little harder. I think it's because with this pregnancy I started to GROW so much sooner and everything was already so stretched out from my first pregnancy. I had only gained a total of 24 lbs. with Alex and with this little guy, I have already gained 20 lbs. Granted I started out 10lbs. less this time around. Had 3 straight months of morning sickness this time around too! Feeling great now, just starting to struggle a little with my classes.
I teach pretty much all advanced step classes (some with weights at the end) with lots of choreography and I think I put a lot of pressure on myself to continue doing that. I notice that although I have demonstrated the most advanced version of a combo or move, once I begin to modify for myself, my students follow. So, thats where the pressure comes in. I feel that I have to contine working out at their level or they're not going to benefit from taking my class. Did you notice anything like this and if so how did you deal with it?
Aside from all of the above, I was wondering how things went for you. Didn't you deliver a little early? I didn't think you were even due until about now. (Remember, I haven't been to visit your site in a long time so I'm totally lost. Not even familiar with your new format yet.) I hope all went well. Were you able to go natural, and by that I mean drug FREE? Doesn't happen very often these days. I'm going to give it a shot this time. I had to be induced with Alex so I wasn't really given a choice but to have a somewhat medicated delivery. And how is the little guy? I'm sure he's just beautiful. Are you nursing and if so how is it going? It's definately tough. I nursed for 4 months but was so stricken with the baby blues I had to give it up. Lack of sleep didn't make it any easier either. I will try to nurse longer this time. Hopefully all will go well. Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you and your family are well. Seasun

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.