Issues with Cathe on Demand/Roku

lkessler11

As of this morning (7/02/18), the Cathe on demand app on Roku will not work, I get to my credentials screen and then it boots me out to the main Roku menu. Cathe live worked out this morning.

The "om demand" app also was not working on my iPad this morning, but that seems to be fixed. I'm just not sure which end the issue is on with the Roku app (is it a developer issue for the app or a Roku issue? I'm trying to re-install the app on Roku now, but I am wondering if anyone else is having issues?

It is the new app, I installed after Cathe's FB notification about one week ago, and everything appeared ok until today.

Thanks!

Yes! I am having the same issue since Saturday (6/30.) It worked on Friday. I’ll eagerly be checking for updates - wanting to start the July rotation.

We've had about 5 people report this issue affecting logging in to the new OnDemand Roku app. We're not able to duplicate this, but it seems that the problem might be related to a security plugin we uninstalled last Thursday that was causing system wide problems. Uninstalling the plugin seems to have solved everyone's problems, except perhaps some people using the new Roku app. We're not sure though if this is the cause and we're just starting to investigate this. We will let you know more hopefully soon. In the meantime you should be able to still us the old Roku app channel.

We think we've identified the issue that is preventing some of you from accessing the new OnDemand Roku app. We now have applied a fix. Can those of you that were having an issue try again and let us know if this now works? FYI: Roku normally auto updates apps, but this can take up to a day or two sometimes. So, you may have to manually update the app if it hasn't already updated in the background. I would first just try try it again without doing anything and see if it works.

We think we've identified the issue that is preventing some of you from accessing the new OnDemand Roku app. We now have applied a fix. Can those of you that were having an issue try again and let us know if this now works? FYI: Roku normally auto updates apps, but this can take up to a day or two sometimes. So, you may have to manually update the app if it hasn't already updated in the background. I would first just try try it again without doing anything and see if it works.

It’s still not working for me, but I noticed something, when I click the link in the instructions (to install the version 2 app on Roku), the app installs, but it says Version 1. Build 1, so could it be installing the legacy app instead of version 2?

Hi lkessler, that just means Roku hasn't pushed through our update yet. Hopefully tomorrow sometime they will get to it. The 4th of July holiday may delay things though. You will know you have the correct version when it says version 1, build 2.

We just checked and version 1, build 2 of our new Roku app is now available. You will need to do a system update to load it. We tested the new app and it's working fine for us, but since this problem only affected some user's we need those who had an issue to test it and report back here.

I manually updated my Roku. When I opened Cathe OnDemand, this time I made it past the "loading wheel" and I saw the videos pop up and then it kicked me out. So I made it a few seconds farther than before but it still doesn't work. I deleted the app & reinstalled it - same thing. I restarted my Roku - same thing.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Myself and one of our developers logged in as you on the new Roku app. We were able to see the problem as you reported, so that is at least some good news and will help solve this puzzle on why you and some other people are having an issue with new app. We may need to log in as you again over the weekend, but this will prevent you from accessing any of our apps while we're running some test. Is there a time of day after which you definitely will not be using the apps on Saturday, Sunday and Monday? In other words what time would it be safe for us to run some test? After 1pm? 6pm? 10pm? Thanks for your help and understanding. Hopefully, we can figure this out soon.

Hi. I'm glad you found the problem! I still have my DVDs and other apps I can use so I will stay out of my Cathe apps completely until the problem is fixed. Run the tests anytime. Thanks.

I’ve been having the same problem since 4th of July. I double checked and I do have the version 2 now. Same problem.

Hi. I'm glad you found the problem! I still have my DVDs and other apps I can use so I will stay out of my Cathe apps completely until the problem is fixed. Run the tests anytime. Thanks.

Hi Linda.

We logged into your account over the weekend and at least as far as you're concerned we found what was causing the problem. The reason you couldn't successfully play any videos and we could is you didn't have any shared workouts in your account and we do. Not having any shared workouts creates a "null" value for Roku and caused the app to crash. We've now fixed this so Roku now knows what to do if a user doesn't have any shared workouts. Hopefully this is what was causing other people to also have the same issue as you, but it's too early to say for sure and we will have to wait till others download the newest version and report in.

Also, we only tested using your login credentials on version 1 build 3. Since then we have fixed some other things I found that were not the way they should be and have released version 1 build 4. Unfortunately, I have not tested your login for this latest build. Can you try logging in and try again and report back here? Don't be alarmed if the first time you try playing the app it kicks you out. Roku seems to do this sometimes after an update. Just try again and it should work or at least it should - fingers crossed here.

If everyone else else can update to the newest build and let us know if they see any issues it would be helpful. We will also be testing the app more thoroughly once our staff returns tomorrow .Thanks for your help on this Linda!

I was able to log in and did Cardio & Weights! Glad you were able to fix it :) I hope it was the same issue for everyone else and they all can get in too now.

One thing I noticed though...none of the premixes for the Intensity Series are showing up. There's not even an option for "show premixes" - but the option is there for all the other series.

Hi Linda, glad everything worked for you. There should not be any Intensity series premixes showing, so this is not a mistake. When we made the Intensity series DVD premixes we did not follow our typical and required method for using the chapters as we do in all of our other series and hence we can't make premixes from the Intensity series for OnDemand.

Hi Linda, glad everything worked for you. There should not be any Intensity series premixes showing, so this is not a mistake. When we made the Intensity series DVD premixes we did not follow our typical and required method for using the chapters as we do in all of our other series and hence we can't make premixes from the Intensity series for OnDemand.

Good to know! Thanks. And thanks for fixing the app problem!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.